Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed Episode 2, would have liked it more if there weren't so many dashpads, rolling was useful, etc but it was a nice throwback with a bit of new stuff. I also loved the soundtrack, actually sounding pretty close to Genesis this time around.

-Sonic CD is a good game. It is not the greatest 2D Sonic game ever made, no matter how many analyses of the level design you throw at me. You say "complex" or "unique" or "interesting", I say first-time level designer dicking around with the level editor.

-I like the vocals on Endless Possibility.

-I like the humor in Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 5

unpopular opinion(maybe): I actually liked sonic and the black knight a bunch, my only complaint with it being too short and the controls not being as precise as they could be but besides that I don't see why it gets so much hate.

Popular opinion: I think they should get rid of most of the invisible walls and scripted scenes in the next sonic game.

Edited by megadude001

To be honest, I've not heard many complaints about SatBK other than "SWORRRDDDD" and the controls being a bit dodgy. People just say things like "ehh, it was alright, but the music's good".

Very unpopular opinion:

Sonic 4 Episode 2 isn't a terrible game. Yes, I said it. I had the opportunity to play it; today I was in a car for 5 hours and before we left I bought the game for my iPad so I'd have something to do. It's not a bad game at all. It's pretty good actually. It's challenging, it's fun and it has Tails :D.

Or maybe the iOS version is fine but the other ones suck. I don't know. All I know is today I played it on my iPad and it didn't suck. I haven't tried episode 1 though (yet)

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if I said this already but... Nega is the most useless, unoriginal and unlikable character who should be retconned out of the Sonic canon like Mephiles was.

Whether  this is popular or not, it's up to you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very unpopular opinion:

Sonic 4 Episode 2 isn't a terrible game. Yes, I said it. I had the opportunity to play it; today I was in a car for 5 hours and before we left I bought the game for my iPad so I'd have something to do. It's not a bad game at all. It's pretty good actually. It's challenging, it's fun and it has Tails biggrin.png.

Or maybe the iOS version is fine but the other ones suck. I don't know. All I know is today I played it on my iPad and it didn't suck. I haven't tried episode 1 though (yet)

Funny, thats the same way I got around to finally playing Episode 2.

I do like the game, but as I play it more, its mediocre-ness is beginning to show. I would say why but I'd be beating the dead horse.

BTW the console versions aren't worse and I don't see how they could possibly be worse. In fact, the IOS version is probably the worst.

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW the console versions aren't worse and I don't see how they could possibly be worse. In fact, the IOS version is probably the worst.

Special Stage 6 and 7 are worse in the console version. 

The iOS version has a lower ring amount needed for almost all special stages, if I'm not wrong.

I secretly want Shadow to be Silver's father.

or ST to hint at it again.

would make Silver much less pointless in my opinion.

Not if Shadow got imprisoned before he was actually born, I guess.

At least THAT part made sense in Sonic 06....except how he would had been imprisoned...just the fact that they would imprison him and drain his chaos energy so he couldn't function. Yeah...

Well, without the Flames of Disaster being the event he was scapegoated for in the first place, he's not gonna be imprisoned anytime soon.

Don't need something like that to go "well this guy's a problem now that Sonic's gone, lets lock him away for good".

I think Sonic Heroes is a better game than both Sonic Adventure titles. That doesn't mean I think Sonic Heroes is a good game, mind.

I think Sonic Heroes is a better game than both Sonic Adventure titles. That doesn't mean I think Sonic Heroes is a good game, mind.

I don't agree with this, but I can very easily see why someone would. For reasons not even related to the distillation of the Sonic gameplay, even.

Edited by Tornado

"Sally is the most hated character" ...Um...no. She isn't. Whilst Sally may very well be a "Marmite" kind of character (Most either love her or hate her), she's far from being the most despised. I think Chris Thorndyke and Princess Elise may very well be the most widely despised characters in the franchise.

"Humans shouldn't be in the games. They should be entirely replaced by anthropes" Now whilst I think that it would be pretty cool to see some original anthrope characters similar to Sonic and co dotted here and there so the world is more believable (Seriously, Sonic and co can't be the only anthropomorphic animal people in the world), I am not for them replacing the humans. Unleashed proved that Human NPC's could be genuinely fascinating and delightful. Professor Pickle ring a bell? How about Louie Montaine? Wentos? Boss? Gwek? Sarianna? The notion that all humans in the games are terrible and should be entirely replaced with anthropes just screams of prejudice and is silly when you consider that humans have been consistently shown to inhabit the world since the very beginning of the series.

"SA2 was the last great Sonic game" I really do not get this logic. Gameplay roulette with boring styles is "great"? The VA's were "great"? "The story is inarguably superior to anything that came after"? .....No.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, Ryan Drummond sounds better in SA2 than in Heroes and SA1...

Edited by Spin Attaxx

My possibly unpopular opinion is that Jason Griffith was never a good voice for Sonic. I'm sorry, but the lines totally flow with Roger Craig Smith in a way Griffith could never manage, he just made every single line sound extremely awkward and totally not-Sonic to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

"SA2 was the last great Sonic game" I really do not get this logic. Gameplay roulette with boring styles is "great"? The VA's were "great"? "The story is inarguably superior to anything that came after"? .....No.

While many fans of SA2 might exaggerate due to nostalgia, I don't understand why it's so hard for many people to recognise that the game had its merits. The gameplay roulette, due to its nature, is fun for some and not for others. I found the Werehog to be one of the most boring experiences I've ever had in a game but that doesn't mean I can't see why others might enjoy it. VA's, again, are a matter of personal preference. Claiming that the story is 'inarguably superior' is going too far, certainly, but I personally haven't felt engaged by a Sonic plotline since. That's not to say that SA2 had grade A storytelling. It didn't. Despite the modern standards of the acting and animation, though, I find myself indifferent to both the characters and the 'story' due to the lack of conflict, growth and overall plot.

I'm not having a go or anything, but I just don't think it's so difficult to see why people have such a high level of nostalgia for SA2. It's not like the franchise has experienced a significantly higher level of success since, that it's hard to imagine anyone having a preference for it, outdated or not.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I actively did not like in Adventure 2 (as opposed to enjoying enough to put up with, but not enough to keep putting up with it like the Mech stages) was the awful kart racing bits. It was certainly more enjoyable for me as a whole than Unleashed was, story included.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

I never played SA2 until relatively recently (2010 or 2011), but when i did play it, I was like, "this is the greatest 3D Sonic game of all-time?" I found the controls to be poor and the level design annoying. Even after getting used to all of that, the speed characters are onyl good compared to the hunting and shooting characters. Overall, I just didn't enjoy the game much at all.

Conversely (am I using that right?), I played SA1 around the same time and enjoyed it a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1