Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

That. Would. Be. Epic! Sonic wakes up because of a soda can flung at him by a Robotnik vehicle. He wakes up to find Robotnik having taken over South Island.Robotnik has become SATAM Robotnik. Tails takes Sonic to an urban city place. Robotnik comes and take the city, but Sonic and Tails take princess Blaze with them. Sonic says Blaze reminds him of someone from his,dreams. Robotnik takes over most if the planet and Sonic and co must stop him.

I think a big problem with that is that all of Eggman's character development, childhood backstory, endearing qualities, etc. would be erased and undone so that he could be replaced with his much less well-rounded cartoon counterpart. Remember, classic Eggman - even in the Genesis era - was never the same person as SatAM Robotnik.

I wouldn't mind a crossover with that universe, especially as it would highlight the moral differences between Eggman and Julian, but outright replacing the original Eggman with a derivative version would be a major disappointment; One that I'd stop playing the games over.

I guess - to stay on topic - that is my popular/unpopular opinion, though I can't tell what category it belongs in, given how divisive the subject of "How Eggman should be portrayed in the games" seems to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miru, please just stop it.

If I wasn't obvious enough, I was trolling Miru, sorry but if SEGA did it as an April Fools joke, I'd love them even more.

Edited by tenchibr

no. mit

If I wasn't obvious enough, I was trolling Miru, sorry but if SEGA did it as an April Fools joke, I'd love them even more.

no.

Miru is trolling you.

he is trolling all of us...

all of us.

I'm curious by what you mean for "balance to work." What's unbalanced in regards to Sonic's current art style?

I always found sonic very anime-ish...

Unpopular as it seems I believe the anime-ish style of Sonic OVA fits the franchiese way better than the Pixar-ish style from Sonic Unleashed onwards.

I'm curious by what you mean for "balance to work." What's unbalanced in regards to Sonic's current art style?

Sonic still doesn't look right.

In the comics he's looked fine, and in Unleashed he was almost there.

As much as I dislike it, I can totally see Sonic fitting in with Lucky Star.

from an artistic standpoint.

Or a better example as someone said above is the Sonic OVA

Edited by NISA

2D artstyles normally tend to make anything look good. Especially with characters like Sonic. I wouldn't say it's the 3d designs fault they look weird to you.

Edited by Riku

That was in the games, and there was no problem there. In the comics, there were so many B and C-rate trashy characters introduced that it just became confusing. It was hard to keep track of things going on with Mobius in the comics. That problem has gotten better with the comics focusing more on the main characters lately, though. I may not complain about it in the future if things continue to improve.

I don't want just main characters in the storylines, but I don't want one hundred (or more) characters to keep track of.

K. I can understand that.

In it's defense tho, it's gotta have some material to keep itself up every month, and not all of it can come from the games. That goes especially when they want to stretch things out when they make adaptions in the gaps between games. So it's gonna have to make some material for itself. Not saying that all of it has been good, but unless you've been reading the series since you were young like I have, following it is just a matter of keeping the comics themselves or a mental note...or using the wiki.

Unpopular opinion from me.

Shth's story wasn't bad.

The game knew it exactly what it was going for and executed it really well, you can tell from the opening scene what sort of game it was going to be.

I took it as a dark spin on the series, which it was.

And it pulled it off.

People just weren't used to a more darker version of SA2.

Some plot points were really just meh, like we could've done without the black arms, they weren't bad characters/enemies. They were just forced, and they're no way relevant now.

Guess it was an excuse for the MOTW trend SEGA had going.

Edited by NISA
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shth's story wasn't bad.

The game knew it exactly what it was going for and executed it really well,

Some plot points were really just meh, like we could've done without the black arms
...uh...eh?

...you say the game's story isn't bad...that it was executed well...

...but that the game's antagonists, the guys that drive 90+% of the plot...are "meh" and we could have done without?

...how? How do you call a plot "done well" when you would be willing to cut the main conflict?

• Thumbs Up 1

...uh...eh?

...you say the game's story isn't bad...that it was executed well...

...but that the game's antagonists, the guys that drive 90+% of the plot...are "meh" and we could have done without?

...how? How do you call a plot "done well" when you would be willing to cut the main conflict?

They could have been replaced with Eggman.

I can understand why you're confused and I admit to my contradictions.

But if it was Eggman it would be a completely different story.

Maybe, they can still work with a dark tone though.

I've lost myself

Edited by NISA

They could have been replaced with Eggman.

I can understand why you're confused and I admit to my contradictions.

I think he's asking how the overall story can still be any good despite the primary villains - ones that relate themselves to the main character - being rubbish. And I don't think simply changing who the villain is would change much.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I think he's asking how the overall story can still be any good despite the primary villains - ones that relate themselves to the main character - being rubbish. And I don't think simply changing who the villain is would change much.

Well, maybe?

Black Doom was awful, but Eggman himself could have been used, and could have still played up the "We're related, let's team up" angle, since they share a connection to Professor Gerald at least.

Replace "Destroy humanity" with "Control humanity" as Shadow's potential evil motive, and you've basically got an Eggman-centric villain plot that could feasibly still work with ShTH's morality gimmick.

Well, maybe?

Black Doom was awful, but Eggman himself could have been used, and could have still played up the "We're related, let's team up" angle, since they share a connection to Professor Gerald at least.

Replace "Destroy humanity" with "Control humanity" as Shadow's potential evil motive, and you've basically got an Eggman-centric villain plot that could feasibly still work with ShTH's morality gimmick.

/oncrack

So something like this:

Shadow: Humanity deserves a chance for happiness, but they are fools! They don't know what they want, they bicker and do foolish things. It is clear what must be done.

*turns to Eggman.

Shadow: We will create the ULTIMATE network, a network that will control the actions of ALL OF HUMANITY! Then and only then will the world know happiness and peace.

*near the end of the game

Shadow: Even you, Doctor are a fool. YOU MUST BE CONTROLLED!

Eggman brainwashed: All HAIL LORD SHADOW!

Shadow: Now go and and fight that faker. I am in need of amusement.

/end oncrack.

/oncrack

So something like this:

Shadow: Humanity deserves a chance for happiness, but they are fools! They don't know what they want, they bicker and do foolish things. It is clear what must be done.

*turns to Eggman.

Shadow: We will create the ULTIMATE network, a network that will control the actions of ALL OF HUMANITY! Then and only then will the world know happiness and peace.

/end oncrack.

I suddenly feel the need to invent hedgehog badminton.

You know, having your favourite ever antagonist become a fanboy and slave to a character that's not exactly my favourite not unlike in many fanfictions, that sort of thing.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

You know, having your favourite ever antagonist become a fanboy and slave to a character that's not exactly my favourite not unlike in many fanfictions, that sort of thing.

I would have thought the [oncrack] part would have been a good enough warning. Besides, Shadow in that story was a controlling nut, probably the absolute dark option in morality terms. I highly doubt he would have let ANYONE, even someone who is probably the only relation he has left, get in his way of forcing his type of "peace."

Although granted, I do see why you would not like that kind of story, and I probably could have made something better, but eh. crackfic.

P.S. not a shadow fan.

Edited by Malpercio

/oncrack

So something like this:

*turns to Eggman.

/end oncrack.

Looks like something straight out of Archie Sonic.