Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unpopular Opinion: I think the songs from all of Knuckles stages in SA2, bar Meteor Herd, are complete shit.

That's what makes them so great.(In a way)

Unpopular Opinion:Also, I had fun with 06(Well, in Sonic's stages, and some of Shadow's/Blaze's stages, Silver and Amy can die in a fire).

Fun is an opinion, just because the game is ass doesn't mean you can't have fun with it.

Unpopular Opinion: I think the songs from all of Knuckles stages in SA2, bar Meteor Herd, are complete shit.

That's unpopular?

That's unpopular?

I know right?

But seriously my unpopular opinion is that I think the first sonic riders is highly better than zero gravity, mostly because the gameplay feels really gimped in it and while the board selection is better there all pretty useless due to some limitations and the game feels like it has less freedom than the first one (though the music in it is eons better than the first's). 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know right?

But seriously my unpopular opinion is that I think the first sonic riders is highly better than zero gravity, mostly because the gameplay feels really gimped in it and while the board selection is better there all pretty useless due to some limitations and the game feels like it has less freedom than the first one (though the music in it is eons better than the first's). 

I don't think this is unpopular either.

I don't think this is unpopular either.

Really? I always thought most people liked the second one more.

Really? I always thought most people liked the second one more.

I think there are people who like Zero Gravity, but there are definitely people who think it's inferior to Riders, probably more than you were thinking.

I dunno how unpopular this is, but I thought Riders was very average, and I couldn't care for the subseries in general.

I feel that Riders would been pretty good as a standalone series, but as an extension to the Sonic series, not so much.

But then again, I probably wouldn't have even purchased it without the Sonic brand, so I guess maybe I'm wrong.  I liked the first and second (haven't played the third) decent enough, but they weren't by any means spectacular nor do I necessarily have a particularly strong desire to see another one.

I liked the first and second (haven't played the third) 

Tip of Advice: Stay away from free riders unless it's for the intent and purpose of ripping textures/models/music/effects/etc.

Tip of Advice: Stay away from free riders unless it's for the intent and purpose of ripping textures/models/music/effects/etc.

So I've heard, but my completionist obsession would probably provoke me to buying it if I had an Xbox and Kinect anyway.

So I've heard, but my completionist obsession would probably provoke me to buying it if I had an Xbox and Kinect anyway.

The kinect is probably a waste of money anyway. If you live in a cramped area or in tight spaces, it's a big waste unless you can make room to set it up and play. I also don't know any games worth it.

• Thumbs Up 3

"The Eggman Mech Stages are better than Tails."

I could never really see that much of a difference between the two to the point that I saw one better than the other. I mean they play the exact same and the goal is the exact same. All you do is shoot and try to get to the end of the level. What's weird is that I can see a difference between the speed stages and the treasure hunting stages and say that one is better than the other,but for the Mech stages it's a totally different story.

I could never really see that much of a difference between the two to the point that I saw one better than the other. I mean they play the exact same and the goal is the exact same. All you do is shoot and try to get to the end of the level. What's weird is that I can see a difference between the speed stages and the treasure hunting stages and say that one is better than the other,but for the Mech stages it's a totally different story.

I think people consider them better because they fit Eggman more than they do for Tails.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think they are talking level design wise. Tails' level design to me is mostly boring. Eggman, in my opinion, has stages that are much more fun than Tails.

I think they are talking level design wise. Tails' level design to me is mostly boring. Eggman, in my opinion, has stages that are much more fun than Tails.

Probably stems from the fact that Tails wasn't supposed to be playable originally, while Eggman was in the game from the get-go. However, once popular demand started rising for Tails, Shadow, and Rouge to become playable, they probably had to program the levels pretty quickly, hence the difference in number of levels and variance in quality.

Does make you wonder how short the game would have been with only 3 characters!

I'm sure they'd just give the other levels to Sonic/Knuckles/Eggman.

Yeah I can see that, it's pretty obvious which levels were added for the new characters, namely the mirror levels, dry lagoon, mad space, egg quarters, final chase and one of the Route *** levels, or the opposite.

I guess cannons core would have been Eggman>Eggman>Knuckles>Knuckles>Sonic.

Although thinking about it it would have been cool if the implemented a two player co-op system for cannons core, given everyone is meant to be rushing to the core you could have Tails AND Eggman for the first two parts working together and then Rouge AND Knuckles for the next two. I mean it is implied that everyone is there, given how another character is present not 10 secondsater in the next part, just thought it would be a cool idea, don't know if it would work

Unpopular opinion: I think the shooting levels in SA2 are boring regardless of which character I'm playing as.

...Not really an unpopular opinion tbh.

• 1 month later...

Unpopular opinion:

Ryan Drummond kinda sucks. Like really, even by Adventure Era standards his acting was just awful, to me. The voice failed to fit Sonic almost as much as Jason's did (probably a more popular opinion right thar'), I feel, and in all brutal honesty, I'm glad we got Roger Craig Smith in Sonic Generations regardless of the rumors that Drummond would be back. Rog' hasn't had a lot of time to show his acting skills as Sonic, but he does a damn fine job with his other work, and his tone really suits the Hedgehog in my opinion. I know a lot of people feel really passionately about Mr. D, but even as someone who grew up with him as Sonic, I always thought he didn't work, even as but an urchin. I've always just found him mediocre at best.

*daring escape in the Jokermobile*

• Thumbs Up 2

Unpopular Opinion: I'd happily buy an entire game based on the mech levels in SA2 (preferably starring Eggman, of course). Seriously, I had so much fun in those stages, and with a little refining, they could be truly great.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unpopular opinion: I think Sandopolis Zone is the best level in the entirety of Sonic 3 & Knuckles while I think Hydrocity is the worst. No, I am not kidding. I love Sandopolis so much due to its unique gimmicks and level design, yet roll my eyes when I see "Hydrocity Zone act 1".

Unpopular opinion: I think Sandopolis Zone is the best level in the entirety of Sonic 3 & Knuckles while I think Hydrocity is the worst. No, I am not kidding. I love Sandopolis so much due to its unique gimmicks and level design, yet roll my eyes when I see "Hydrocity Zone act 1".

45948-oh-snap-gif-mRzq.gif

Damn! That has got to be one of the most unpopular opinions I've seen here!:P 

Just curious, what is it about Sandopolis you like so much? And what is it you don't like about Hydrocity?