Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

all a good Sonic game needs is Sonic playable, vilian (i perfer Dr Eggman) the boost, homing attack and good gameplay

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Concerning Next Gen, I admit while the level design itself was hit and miss, it was probably some of the most creative attempts at character based variations and pathways. Heroes barely tried anything with all four stories almost exactly the same route, and while SA1 had cool twists and turns here and there, most of the creative effort seemed to be mostly on Sonic's areas, with everyone else just getting a shorter, slightly tweaked version (eg. the first half of Gamma's story, almost ALL of Tails' story). Next Gen however customizes much better pathways and gimmicks according to each character making almost each variation new and different. I wished they had focused more on this aspect, rather than just having you forced to switch characters between pathways all the time.

Which is stupid. The player shouldn't have to go out of their way to look down at the gamepad figure out how the controls work. They should just be on the TV screen.

Looking down isn't going very far out of your way.

Yeah, unless your speed running or just have to keep on going through (which you shouldn't on your first playthrough anyway) it really isn't that big of a deal to stop press the question mark and read the instructions for one second, sure they could've just placed them around the place but it shouldn't be that bothersome to look (and im a pretty impatient person so I don't really know why its such a big issue).

I never understood why it bothered some people so much. Yeah, I can understand people wanting them on the TV screen, but when they were on the screen, people got upset as well because Omochao was speaking them so as to not stop the gameplay. It is now on the gamepad and silent so you don't have to listen to him.

I'm just so used to general platformers and other things like this, that it never really bugged me.

I can understand people wanting them on the TV screen, but when they were on the screen, people got upset as well because Omochao was speaking them so as to not stop the gameplay.

The thing about that is, by Sonic Generations, people already knew how the gameplay worked, so tutorials seemed unnecessary. Now we have a brand new gameplay system, with tutorials put where no one would ever think to look.

What was wrong with how Colors and Unleashed did it: optional question circles right there in the level that displayed tutorials right on your TV screen? Why couldn't Lost World've just done that?

maybe something like lost world 3ds would've helped where you could have the tutorials on or off if you wanted (really hated how in the way they were so now I just leave them off).

Sonic Lost Worlds has the worst plot-line in the history of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Hi!

Here at SSMB, we foster a very vocal environment and would appreciate if you took the time to type at least a few sentences worth of explanation as to why you feel this way.  Single-sentence posts, or posts with no depth or reasoning, are not permitted on this board.

Hi!

Here at SSMB, we foster a very vocal environment and would appreciate if you took the time to type at least a few sentences worth of explanation as to why you feel this way.  Single-sentence posts, or posts with no depth or reasoning, are not permitted on this board.

Sorry. You're right. Well here goes nothing:

The amount of cringe inducing dialogue and voice acting in the game is beyond disbelief. 

If I hear Sonic say "Baldy Mcnosehair" one more time I am going to snap. Sonic has never been so uncool as he is now, it's as if Disney's boy marketing department were hired to "update" Sonic's image.

Aye, Bad dialogue felt like a recurring element ever since Sonic Adventure all they until Black Knight, which I think may have had something to do with poor translation. If there's one thing the Colors writers constantly excel at, it's writing fairly competent dialogue that doesn't make me facepalm 24/7, aside from a couple of shitty jokes here and there. Dialogue felt like one of the biggest strong suits of Lost World's story for me.

Sonic Lost World had awesome dialogue. Probably some of the best dialogue in the series, if you ask me.

And I don't know why you put "dialogue" in quotes. Good or bad, dialogue is still dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Lost World had awesome dialogue. Probably some of the best dialogue in the series, if you ask me.

And I don't know why you put "dialogue" in quotes. Good or bad, dialogue is still dialogue.

Agreed. If we're talking about legit bad dialogue, Shadow the Hedgehog excels in that category greatly. As well as 06 for mind-numbing awful plot lines.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic has never been so uncool as he is now, it's as if Disney's boy marketing department were hired to "update" Sonic's image.

At what point in the past 10+ years was Sonic actually cool?
  • Thumbs Up 1

At what point in the past 10+ years was Sonic actually cool?

Black Knights and all the handheld Sonic games up to Rush Adventure.

Edit: Plus SA1 and 2

Can't speak for Lost World since I haven't played it, but I think "underwear to be worn by salad" is a huge improvement over the vapid "gritty" dialogue of Shadow, or the empty, unemotional dialogue of Heroes.  I like that the games don't take themselves too seriously these days, and while I wouldn't mind a more serious plot, I certainly have little problem with the "less cool" Sonic.  I mean, cocky Sonic is nice, but I love the slightly dorkier Sonic (without the Jason Griffith level of voice acting) that has a lot more patience and compassion.  That's just my personal preference, though.

I like that game.

me to. i also like Shadow the Hedgehog. i didn't like how they repeat the lines over and over. i also didn't like how their favorite word was DAMN. DAMN doesnt bother me since in Japan kids can watch the animes with swears (which is why words in Sonic X sometimes comes out like curse words) but it seemed like they over do it just to be cool. Shadow is already good character without "damn" words every frame

me to. i also like Shadow the Hedgehog. i didn't like how they repeat the lines over and over. i also didn't like how their favorite word was DAMN. DAMN doesnt bother me since in Japan kids can watch the animes with swears (which is why words in Sonic X sometimes comes out like curse words) but it seemed like they over do it just to be cool. Shadow is already good character without "damn" words every frame

Still better than "Baldy Mcnosehair" and "dude, dude, dude!" Sonic has become a lame surfer idiot who hangs out at the beach everyday.

Hence Disney's boys marketing department. 

It kind of isn't (mostly because they say it at literally every possible moment even when you die) and sonic only really said baldy mcnosehair once in lost world (lets ignore colors for now) and it wasn't like the line was out of place, it didn't feel forced and it showed some continuity between the games, I know it may not be ideal but a more lighter tone dialogue is nice to have.

Still better than "Baldy Mcnosehair" and "dude, dude, dude!" Sonic has become a lame surfer idiot who hangs out at the beach everyday.

Hence Disney's boys marketing department. 

he only says baldy nosehair once in Sonic Colors