Awoo.

Just an idea.

Eternal EX

Would it be possible to implement a majority vote system to lock threads when MODS are offline? Like at this very moment, there is a very ridiculous thread going on, and yet people keep feeding to the person. It's like they all know the thread is going to get locked anyways because of how bad it started but they don't care. To hopefully avoid that, I think a majority vote locking system would be useful. Like the more mature members would just vote, if it reaches a certain amount of YES or NO, it remains open or is instantly locked.

Or even give staff members the ability to lock topics. This wouldn't be a bad idea in my mind.

Edited by Eternal X

The Majority isn't always right....

Besides I think the mods have a good enough head on their shoulders that just them making the call on their own is the safest and smartest way to go about doing these kinds of things.

I don't really think we need to implement these kinds of practices just for the rare cases the mods go offline (and really it wouldn't kill us to wait a few hours till one DOES come online).

Edited by Soniman

Besides I think the mods have a good enough head on their shoulders that just them making the call on their own is the safest and smartest way to go about doing these kinds of things.

Not the point I was making. I meant when they aren't online and crap just happens. Being here for 4+ years, I've seen stupid stuff happen when MODS aren't online. And I would think this would be helpful at times.

If the way you guys have treated Miru is any indicator, it's all too possible for threads to get locked for no legitimate reason - if anything it could create a lot of scenarios where threads are locked out of simple disagreement with the OP rather than any actual unsavoury behaviour on their behalf. So no, this is a fucking stupid idea, quite frankly.

It's unfortunate that one troll was able to target the boards during a period of inactivity, but I'm not about to lose trust in the mods because of it. If you want your sense of responsibility fulfilled then you can do so by not feeding the fucking troll in the first place.

Edited by The Cheese
  • Thumbs Up 9

So no, this is a fucking stupid idea, quite frankly.

but I'm not about to lose trust in the mods because of it.

How would that be losing trust with mods? I honestly see it as a way to help.

And yet, since it wasn't locked, that thread made a complete turnaround.

• Thumbs Up 1

How would that be losing trust with mods? I honestly see it as a way to help.

Do yourself a favour and don't distort context like that. Read again and you'll notice the latter remark was made in reference to a completely different point.

And yet, since it wasn't locked, that thread made a complete turnaround.

Of course, no one's gonna see that. Focus on the negative some more why don't you, huh guys?

I apologize for my rather pissy attitude, but the generally negative atmosphere of the board is starting to overwhelm me again.

Edited by Natsuru Senō

Um, no?

Really, I think the Mods are better able to decide whether to lock a topic than the members do, and it goes without saying they make votes in a separate hidden topic as per their job. And besides, this system is all to easy to abuse thanks to the attitude of this forum as it is.

No problem, there have been many ideas of forum democracy stuff passed around but for the most part logistics and actuality tend to give it more negatives then positives....

I mean look at the way Democracy works in America.......yikes.

BTW Remember To Vote November 4th....GO AMERICA!!

• Thumbs Up 1