Awoo.

Sonic Returns to Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2012 "2013 parade too"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm not sure if it's worth a merge or not, but heres you wanna do it.

So last year to mark 20 years of Sonic, Macy's gave him a spot on their thanksgiving parade... well... he's back!

According to the website for the 2012 parade, Sonic is going to be in the lineup again. Whilst I assumed they would use last years balloon, according to the facts about the Sonic balloon, this one will only have 8 handlers and is a new design. Compare that to last years which had getting on for 20 at least.

Parade kicks off on November 22nd and 9am.

So anyone in NYC going to attend?

Source: Macy's (this site is a bastard to navigate).

• Thumbs Up 2

Wasn't it confirmed somewhere that Sonic'd be in the parade for the next couple of years too? I could be making it up but i'm sure it was posted somewhere...

How many times is it that he's appeared now? The new balloon looks sweet! I wonder how much I can get it for!

Wasn't it confirmed somewhere that Sonic'd be in the parade for the next couple of years too? I could be making it up but i'm sure it was posted somewhere...

Not sure, I don't remember seeing it, not doubting it wasn't said but I don't recall it. Still 50ft Sonic yay!

How many times is it that he's appeared now? The new balloon looks sweet! I wonder how much I can get it for!

Twice, once last year, and again in the 90's where he broke free from his tethers and destroyed a lamp post.

Twice, once last year, and again in the 90's where he broke free from his tethers and destroyed a lamp post.

Oh that Sonic. Such a clown.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Silly Sonic, that lamp post is not a badnik!

• Thumbs Up 3

I was going to say, I'm sure I reported on it, too. I just can't find the link.

EDIT:

Guess I didn't report on it, but I think i posted about it here somewhere.

Since 2009 my team delivered 5 new company benchmarks for product reservations and retail sell in as well as eye catching mass market promotions such as securing three year videogame category exclusive rights at the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade.

http://www.linkedin....a?trk=pub-pbmap

That's awesome. I had so much fun watching youtube videos of the parade last year cause I've missed it while I'm over at a family house for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I get to stay home and watch the parade live on TV this year. :3

Edited by sonfan1984

• 3 weeks later...

You lucky American bastards. First you get Sonic games that aren't slowed down like in the UK, now you get to see this.

You lucky American bastards. First you get Sonic games that aren't slowed down like in the UK, now you get to see this.

Just goes to show that there's nothing like the good ol USA :lol:

So today's the day.

Livestream links.

NBC.com

and... oh... thats all I can find... does anyone know if theres anymore? Any US news channels doing one? Idealy one that lets users outside of the USA watch?

Meanwhile, at Alton Towers...

A reminder.

Macy's thanksgiving parade starts in one hours time. For people outside the US. The NBC livestream might work. I've been able to watch pre-recorded videos on it so it may also let us watch Sonic float down the street =p

Edit: Ok looks like it might not work. Anyone got any worldwide streams?

Meanwhile, at Alton Towers...

... a poorly recorded Roger Craig Smith reminds everyone to observe a group of machines which he dubs "conso-les" before uttering an expression one would use in exciting situations.

If the ride was more of an adaption of the game, it would be more fun than the actual game. Scorpius would scare kids though.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

... a poorly recorded Roger Craig Smith reminds everyone to observe a group of machines which he dubs "conso-les" before uttering an expression one would use in exciting situations.

If the ride was more of an adaption of the game, it would be more fun than the actual game. Scorpius would scare kids though.

It's not supposed to an adaptation of the game of the same name though, it's called Sonic Spinball because the ride was called Spinball Whizzer before the change.

For those who missed it or were wondering what the float looked like at this year's parade, here it is:

PfB1E.jpg

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's not supposed to an adaptation of the game of the same name though, it's called Sonic Spinball because the ride was called Spinball Whizzer before the change.

I know it's not meant to be an adaption of a 20-or-so year old game. Imagine if such a ride were to happen though. Far more terrifying than the Tails Doll could be.

(Unless you click here: http://comickpro.deviantart.com/art/Tails-Doll-79228090.)

DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

I was there to see it. The cheers I heard when Sonic arrived almost made me shed a tear. So much for the most ridiculed mascot in the video game industry.

And here's some footage too:

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 6