Awoo.

Should Sonic ever try to pursue a romantic relationship (or have moments that hint at romance)?

Soniman

Oh god, you guys and your fucking specifics, fine. Celibacy, happy?

He's 15.

Even in today's much more... physical culture I'm not even sure that tag applies.

How about we just say "Sonic isn't dating any of the few girls we've seen in the series because they're either too young, too far away, or too crazy."

• Thumbs Up 1

How about we just say "Sonic isn't dating any of the few girls we've seen in the series because they're either too young, too far away, or too crazy."

YES!

no..

the romantic tension with the girl of "too far away" kind of breaks my idea of Sonic being too celibate.

Forget the romantic tension of a long-distance relationship. You really think a 15 year old's being completely celibate when he's away on long international vacations for months at a time?

I'm pretty apathetic on the subject, though I think that Sonic shouldn't be in a serious relationship, a "nudge-wink" with Amy at best.

He's 15.

Even in today's much more... physical culture I'm not even sure that tag applies.

Well if he's boning chicks while he's abroad, he's damn good at hiding it.

This works for me!

He's 15.

*depending on game

Sega can't decide whether he's 15 or 16 or 17 or whatever as memory serves...

Well what did you expect? Its not like they were gonna make a Elise a recurring character or have a long term goal for her to be in a relationship with Sonic.

You really think SEGA plan out their games like that? They barely keep continuty between games. That is a really a stupid point to make.

Just because Sega's prone to bad writing doesn't justify it. I'm saying that if he's in a romance with someone, by Enerjak's spiked gloves, make it with someone he's actually known for quite a few years.

Also, throwing the term "stupid" around tends to incense emotions. Why can't we respectfully disagree instead?

I'm sure back then we wouldn't have had stupid people claiming it was beastiality.

I'm certain most people who claim that are saying it as a joke. Jokes do not necessarily have to be funny to everyone to be jokes, though.

That sounds really terrible.

This also classes as a joke. I'm not seriously proposing Shadamy.

Rouge is crazy? Paranoid? Perhaps, if Heroes is anything to go by... but crazy? Nah...

Dude, he's selective, which 15 year olds are experts in.

Being in the Friend Zone Act 1 all the time will make any 15 year old a whiny emo, which he isn't, so he's probably scoodlypooping off-camera somewhere.

If he's in the "friend zone", then that implies that he's interested in a romantic relationship (if I understand wikipedia's explanation correctly). But maybe he just isn't interested in a romantic relationship (I'm 16 and I've never been interested in a romantic relationship, for example). So he's not necessarily scoodlypooping (not entirely sure what that means but I get the drift) :P

I'd also like to point out that while this speculation about Sonic's off-camera/personal life is totally fine with me, I can be fairly sure that SEGA/Sonic Team hasn't written down anything on the subject, internally or otherwise. In other words, nothing we say about it is true or false because there is very likely no information about it in Sonic Team's internal character profile/documentation for Sonic the Hedgehog. Just something to think about while we discuss this.

Edited by Frogging101

Rouge is crazy? Paranoid? Perhaps, if Heroes is anything to go by... but crazy? Nah...

There was that time where she attacked the chaotix for no reason.

and that time she forgot she could fly.

and that time she decided to go undercover by using her REAL NAME.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd also like to point out that while this speculation about Sonic's off-camera/personal life is totally fine with me, I can be fairly sure that SEGA/Sonic Team hasn't written down anything on the subject, internally or otherwise. In other words, nothing we say about it is true or false because there is very likely no information about it in Sonic Team's internal character profile/documentation for Sonic the Hedgehog. Just something to think about while we discuss this.

Indeed.

There's a reason I propose the next cartoon tie in with the game world and clarify ambiguities and such.

But I digress.

I'm certain most people who claim that are saying it as a joke. Jokes do not necessarily have to be funny to everyone to be jokes, though.

Considering the nature of the "joke" is to literally point at something and say "that is bad" which doesn't allow the listener any assurance that the person is being satirical, whenever the definition of bestiality (or necrophilia) is actually clarified, I've never personally seen someone come back and say "I was joking." This leads me to believe the majority of the people who have said this "joke" in the past really were being serious and are subsequently ignorant as to what bestiality actually is.

Well, there's that whole kleptomaniac thing and the delusion that "all the world's jewels are mine to keep." I mean, that seems kinda crazy to me. xP

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never personally seen someone come back and say "I was joking." This leads me to believe the majority of the people who have said this "joke" in the past really were being serious and are subsequently ignorant as to what bestiality actually is.

But if you SAY it's a joke it kills the joke!

But if you SAY it's a joke it kills the joke!

Or, people who aren't comedians should stop trying to be comedians, especially with "material" that is six years old and already proving itself to be far from timeless. xP

Considering the nature of the "joke" is to literally point at something and say "that is bad" which doesn't allow the listener any assurance that the person is being satirical, whenever the definition of bestiality (or necrophilia) is actually clarified, I've never personally seen someone come back and say "I was joking." This leads me to believe the majority of the people who have said this "joke" in the past really were being serious and are subsequently ignorant as to what bestiality actually is.

Probable given how crazy things can get in the fandom.

I always mean it as a joke, though, and I'm fairly certain any of my friends do.

Alas, anecdotal evidence isn't useful.

Or, people who aren't comedians should stop trying to be comedians, especially with "material" that is six years old and already proving itself to be far from timeless. xP

still, no matter how shitty the joke, the joke laws still apply.

still, no matter how shitty the joke, the joke laws still apply.

Any and all joke laws are subservient to the Sarcasm Rule and Poe's Law, so if people don't want to be hassled with definitions, write better material.

Or at least, don't actually turn it into a debate where you double-down or reframe the joke as "necrophilia" instead.

So, let's go down the list of candidates.

Amy: Known stalker and would probably kill any female that so much as breathes in Sonic's general direction.

Blaze: Obsessed with her job, has various issues with expressing herself, and LIVES IN ANOTHER GODDAMN DIMENSION.

Rouge: Known kleptomaniac, possible schizophrenia.

...Sonic should just be gay.

Edited by Aang

Yeah, because the males in the series are more mentally stable--....

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, because the males in the series are more mentally stable--....

Well, Tails is, but he's eight.

I guess Knuckles is the most mentally st- wait why am i discussing this

I feel like being pandantic today, so...

There was that time where she attacked the chaotix for no reason.

Well everyone picked a fight with the other teams, despite everyone going after the SAME GUY! No one was particularly bright in Heroes.

and that time she forgot she could fly.

If we wanna be realistic about this, it's kinda hard to fly when you're falling backwards...in space...where there's no gravity...

Yeah, fuck physics. laugh.png

and that time she decided to go undercover by using her REAL NAME.

I'd say in her defense that no one knew who the hell she was at the time, but that's still stupid no matter how I slice it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd say in her defense that no one knew who the hell she was at the time, but that's still stupid no matter how I slice it.

I find it hilarious that Shadow found out who she was with what I assume was the first page of a google search.

I'd rather he be chaste. Less room for controversy on Sega's part.

• Thumbs Up 1