Awoo.

Should Sonic ever try to pursue a romantic relationship (or have moments that hint at romance)?

Soniman

I'd rather he be chaste. Less room for controversy on Sega's part.

If all the romantic subtext between him and chip in Unleashed didn't cause any controversy, nothing will.

Edited by Aang

Does every main hero have to be chaste? I mean can, you can least be something of a toned down casanova.

I find it hilarious that Shadow found out who she was with what I assume was the first page of a google search.

Well in hindsight, SA2's writing was pretty mediocre at best. I'd assume they were trying to look for a scene to put the Biolizard as a Chekhov's Gun, and that happened to be the best scene they could allow Shadow and the player to get a glimpse of the prototype before revealing it.

If all the romantic subtext between him in chip in Unleashed didn't cause any controversy, nothing will.

There was romantic sub-context in unleashed? Iv'e played it, but didn't pay too much attention to the story. Where exactly was it? Edited by Uphex

So, let's go down the list of candidates.

Amy: Known stalker and would probably kill any female that so much as breathes in Sonic's general direction.

Blaze: Obsessed with her job, has various issues with expressing herself, and LIVES IN ANOTHER GODDAMN DIMENSION.

Rouge: Known kleptomaniac, possible schizophrenia.

...Sonic should just be gay.

What about Wave? Maybe sonic could move to Blaze's dimension.

Does every main hero have to be chaste? I mean can, you can least be something of a toned down casanova.

Dude, I'm not into romance. *rimshot*

But well, if you make Sonic a toned down Casanova, who are gonna be the girls Sonic attracts? Amy is a given, but there aren't all that many female characters in the Sonic universe. Having all the girls in love with Sonic is gonna make them bland, and introducing more characters just to be attracted by Sonic... You know.

Wave is portrayed as a bad guy,(or at least close to it) and you know why the second would not work.

Maybe sonic could move to Blaze's dimension.

And basically leave his world to a dire fate by the hands of Eggman? Over some girl who doesn't seem to give half a hoot about romance?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wave is just a bitch.

And why would Sonic leave his dimension vulnerable to Eggman?

How about this. Amy dies, the Sol Emeralds are destroyed, and Sonic moves to Blaze's dimension. This leads to Archie Sonic-type soap opera drama becoming the main focus.

• Thumbs Up 3

How about this. Amy dies, the Sol Emeralds are destroyed, and Sonic moves to Blaze's dimension. This leads to Archie Sonic-type soap opera drama becoming the main focus.

tumblr_mdsbkfcR1W1rlrnwdo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

But well, if you make Sonic a toned down Casanova, who are gonna be the girls Sonic attracts? Amy is a given, but there aren't all that many female characters in the Sonic universe. Having all the girls in love with Sonic is gonna make them bland, and introducing more characters just to be attracted by Sonic... You know.

Just use some minor NPCs along with Amy to emphasize this trait. You don't need to write a major character for that. Imagine Johnny Bravo needing every poor woman he came into contact with to be a major lead in order for the audience to understand that he's a womanizer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy cannot just die as she is a main character. And soap opera's will only cause the next game's story to be udder crap.

Maybe sonic could move to Blaze's dimension.

>Sonic Rush Adventure 2

Do we seriously need to use hovercrafts again just for a romantic plot?

I'd rather have better gameplay than romantics.

Maybe Tails can save Sonic's world on his own?

You're just getting desperate now. If anyone else I guess it would be shadow, but he doesn't really care.

Maybe Tails can save Sonic's world on his own?

Maybe Sonic and Blaze just aren't interested in eachother?

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, that's entirely possible. You know when?

When SEGA starts hiring fanfiction writers to do their scripts.

Just use some minor NPCs along with Amy to emphasize this trait. You don't need to write a major character for that. Imagine Johnny Bravo needing every poor woman he came into contact with to be a major lead in order for the audience to understand that he's a womanizer.

Oh, kinda like Sonic Unleashed's hub world NPCs? That'd be perfect! As a hero, Sonic would be admired by lots of people in his world, anyway.

Why?

Well, that's what he did in SA1. In SA2, he leaves Amy with her love interests in that prison cell. Though it was a forced fight, he evaded her In Heroes. Generations, he holds her back from hugging him in the first scene they appear in.

It wouldn't be out of his character or anything.

Well, that's what he did in SA1. In SA2, he leaves Amy with her love interests in that prison cell. Though it was a forced fight, he evaded her In Heroes. Generations, he holds her back from hugging him in the first scene they appear in.

It wouldn't be out of his character or anything.

He's nervous around Amy because whenever she appears she glomps the shit outta him, and has a habit of being pretty clingy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I approve.

I did not think it was possible for your posts to devolve to this point.

First off, why would Amy die?

Second, IIRC, if the Sol Emeralds go bye-bye, then Blaze's Dimension goes bye-bye.

Third, Sonic would not just abandon his own world for Blaze's world for any reason; visit for an adventure perhaps, but never outright abandon it,

Fourth, I'm all up for some more interesting things to happen, but I'm not sure soap-opera drama (whatever that encompasses) will work that well, especially since Sonic Team is having so much trouble writing basic character interactions as it is.

Overall, your ideas are getting more bizarre, and I feel I have the right to question your attachment to reality and general rational thought.

• Thumbs Up 1