Awoo.

Should Sonic ever try to pursue a romantic relationship (or have moments that hint at romance)?

Soniman

Hey, that's entirely possible. You know when?

When SEGA starts hiring fanfiction writers to do their scripts.

SEGA actually did hire fanfiction writers... then they got fired, and the game they wrote never happened. They also hired a DeviantARTist... they have yet to erase that one's mistake (you likely know who I'm talking about).

Also miru WTF? The only way a Sonaze thing can happen is if Blaze's world merges with Sonic's... which I am 100% against.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

SEGA actually did hire fanfiction writers... then they got fired, and the game they wrote never happened. They also hired a DeviantARTist... they have yet to erase that one's mistake (you likely know who i'm talking about).

Also miru WTF? The only way a Sonaze thing can happen is if Blaze's world merges with Sonic's... which I am 100% against.

The first one is Sonic 06, and the second one... is that the mistake in Sonic All Stars Racing?

...I don't get it.

And also, I'm against having Blaze's world merging with Sonic. I think the theories about Sol and Chaos in Rush are canon, and I don't really want to play as a lovey-dovey Sonic and Blaze in a pretty much destroyed world.

No, its Mr. Nega, the guy who wanted to be the next greatest Sonic villain, but couldn't be original, so he ripped off Eggman and said his personality was "like Eggman but eeeviller and cruuuelllerrr".

Ah. Now I get the joke.

So yeah, miru, your fantasies don't seem like they'd happen very soon, unfortunately (to you, anyway) as it may be.

I'm sure he isn't trolling... if he was, he would've been banned long ago. He just has kooky ideas. Or maybe he's like the Joker: deranged serial killer yet never given the death penalty.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I'm sure he isn't trolling... if he was, he would've been banned long ago. He just has kooky ideas. Or maybe he's like the Joker: deranged serial killer yet never given the death penalty.

I don't think you should compare ol' Jokey to Miru. He might get...upset.

Not the good forumer: it's his namesake from the comics.

Or maybe he's like the Joker.

My cliched freakish charm and brutish wit set me far apart I'll have you know! >=(

OH THAT'S RIGHT THERE'S A TOPIC ISN'T THERE?

Edited by The Merry Joker

In reference to the topic of Sonic/Blaze, I think some pretty obvious romantic implications were already made during the final cutscene of Sonic Rush.

They both seem reluctant to leave eachother, and that segment after Sonic says "Wait" in which nothing is really said and Blaze is apparently shocked, it's possible that what Sonic "gave" Blaze was either a hug or maybe even a kiss. However, I've seen other speculations which say that it was a promise of reunion or whatever. Blaze also seems to be fondly regarding Sonic after they've parted ways. And personally, I think the music really sets the MOOD if you catch my drift.

So overall, if these were in fact romantic implications, I don't see any problem in it happening again in the future. It was pulled off nicely in my opinion, and was subtle enough to where it didn't really ruin anything about the game. Although, I wouldn't really want to see any kind of canon relationship happening in the series, mostly for Amy's sake. If Amy and Sonic where to end up being in a relationship, it would kinda eliminate the craziness in her personality. She wouldn't be thought of as that crazy fangirl that chases Sonic all over the place, and with a hammer, no less. Although she might still have that charm if Sonic were to be in a relationship with another girl, I feel like all she would end up doing is try to beat the shit out of whoever that poor girl would end up being.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic/Blaze is likely not going to be a full-blown thing in the future. Maybe a crush or two, but that's it. Sonic is just too carefree and uninterested in serious relationships, and Blaze is just too obsessed with her duties for romance, and she probably doesn't trust Sonic completely. Never mind the fact that they live in different dimensions.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Man, Blaze has come so far as a person because of Sonic, so I'm pretty sure Blaze has a lot of faith and trust in him when push comes to shove.

Sonic/Blaze is probably the most teased pairing in the series, it even transcends the Rush games. Ironic given the fandom tends to pair Sonic with Amy, and Blaze with Silver.

• Thumbs Up 4

and she probably doesn't trust Sonic completely.

?

He might be the only person she does trust completely.

Anyway, I think people sometimes tend to look at the whole relationship thing at too narrow of an angle. Serious or otherwise, it doesn't have to be designed in a way that slows Sonic down. Using Blaze as an example, she is a gal who understands responsibilities and had more than shown a respect for what Sonic stands for. A potential relationship there could simply be enjoying each others company once in a blue moon, and knowing there is a supportive shoulder to lean on at all other times of the month. There could be a mutual understanding that Sonic is the kind of guy who puts his life on the line twelve times before lunch, and Blaze is committed to her job. None of that would have to change.

A relationship doesn't have to completely re-write what these characters stand for. In fact, it can help to establish them by highlighting important roles (Like Sonic's carefree-ness and Blaze's loyalty to her duty). It doesn't have to be a hold hands 24/7 deal, or lovey-dovey drawl getting in the way. It can be harmless and it can be complementary to all characters involved.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus
  • Thumbs Up 3

If we count in Amy in it, this could be an excellent plot line for a whole game. Think of it this way.

Sonic is just Sonic and has a lot of admirers. Sonic then sees Amy and his spine tingle of awkwardness. He doesn't want her in his vicinity and Amy ask why. Sonic talks about the past and Amy asks then what she could do to repay him. Sonic gives her a mission to destroy Dr. Eggman's plans instead of him this time and then the game takes off, with plenty of stages and missions to go through that can either increase or decrease the romantic tensions between Sonic and Amy by your own choices you make throughout the game.

An Amy Rose game would be the ultimate choice to sum up this whole thread.

"Sonic gives Amy a mission to destroy Eggman's plan"... that seems like a very bland and shoddy plotline.

Gotta love how the two most likely candidates for Sonic are Amy & Blaze, so does that mean there's something of a love triangle going on?

Gotta love how the two most likely candidates for Sonic are Amy & Blaze, so does that mean there's something of a love triangle going on?

Elise wants in on that

• Thumbs Up 2

Elise wants in on that

WE NEVER SPEAK OF THE SHE-DEVIL, EVER

now a foursome on the other hand..

Edited by Ragna Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not if Sonic has a hidden love for Amy, because, you know, she's a hedgehog just like him after all.They both want their relationship to fall into place, which isn't the case at the moment. Sonic want Amy so bad and Amy want Sonic so bad, but something's clearly a miss here. That's why Sonic send her out on an equally epic adventure as he's been through, because he's gnarly that way.

Through this game, Amy's ovaries starts to drop and she becomes tougher and less clingy and that will attract Sonic a hell lot more, but that's up to the gamer to decide.

So it's like Shadow the Hedgehog, yes, but with Amy instead and a whole lot more character development and romance included.

And her interactions with other female characters and NPC's must strictly follow the Bechdel Test. Period!

I'm really tired of hearing the whole "Sonic is just shy" or "he secretly likes her" excuse people try to throw to justify this shit. Sonic NEVER has a problem with expressing his feelings, if he needs to say something, he doesn't care who listens or knows, and has no problem acting on said impulses. So, please tell me how a guy who has no problem expressing his thoughts on something suddenly too shy, and nervous to tell a girl that he likes her?

Secondly, if Sonic truly did love Amy, why would he put her own well being in danger and send her on a mission to beat Eggman, knowing full well that she's nowhere near as capable or experienced with fighting the guy as he is, all to prove some silly little love for him?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Amy may've got hidden powers that she never discovered
That would be as senseless as the sudden invisibility in 2006.

and she may also have a hidden "super" form in contact with the chaos emeralds. *hint* *hint*
Not everybody needs a super form. Edited by Homem

Well, Amy is... Amy, undeniably a love interest, and Blaze from what I can tell seems to be a very official romantic option too.

I think we have a very official love triangle going on there.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I would rather see Sonic get paired up with a chili dog than with anyone else...

• Thumbs Up 5