Awoo.

Should Sonic ever try to pursue a romantic relationship (or have moments that hint at romance)?

Soniman

I don't like the idea of Sonic flirting. Not to say he's never done it, but for Sonic to do it so as to taunt and frustrate Amy time and time again, I find it contradictory to his personality where he cares about his friends very much. As much as Amy is annoying, Sonic still cares for her. When it comes down to flirting, in the end someone usually gets emotionally attached and ends up getting their feelings hurt. Sure Sonic likes to play around and joke, but not at the expense of someone's feelings. I really can't see Sonic playing with someone's emotions by flirting with them. No one deserves that, not even Amy.

Ya know, Sonic is never going to be able to grow, and be dynamic as a character if people continue to cling to this idea that he should be some kind of paragon of purity without a mean bone in his body. I mean really, what's wrong with a little light flirting on Sonic's part, it's not playing with anybody's feelings if he isn't serious about it, which he obviously wouldn't be. At most he'd just maybe do a cheesy wolf whistle, or compliment somebody on their appearance.

This notion that Sonic flirting is some type of jackass behavior is especially prevalent considering Rouge does the exact same thing, and is far more explicit about it. Yeah, you can make the argument that it's just her character, but I still don't see how Sonic is immune from doing the same thing if it doesn't subvert his status as a nice guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. Maybe something like Generations, except Sonic protects Blaze from the creature.

Edited by -The Joker-

Blaze is also one of the characters least in need of protection, considering she's about on par with Sonic himself...

• Thumbs Up 7

Blaze is also one of the characters least in need of protection, considering she's about on par with Sonic himself...

well, looking at things from another side, Blaze is a bit of an emotional trainwreck... doesn't prevent her from fighting tought...

Not that most fanfic writers care about shit like that, being a princess instantly means somebody has got to protect her.

EDIT: Sorry about that, generalizations and whatnot.

Edited by Popo

Not that the fanfic writers care about shit like that, being a princess instantly means somebody has got to protect her.

I care about shit like that...

• Thumbs Up 6

Hasn't Blaze been tagged as a female Knuckles by some?

If those claims was to be true, then Sonic and Blaze would be constantly fighting...not that I agree with those that call her that. I like how she's afraid of heights, as that's a phobia I share. Anyway, the whole damsel in distress bit, is cliched, boring, stereotypical rubbish. Princess Peach!? Except for that time when she actually saved Mario...

I already mentioned that Amy has saved Sonic a couple of times, and if I'm not mistaken, Amy is the only female character to ever do that.

I'd rather Sonic would not have any romantic ties or love interests. I'm not just talking about Elise here, although she is awful, I also thought Amy was stupid in Sonic CD.

Heck, I think Princess Peach is annoying too, although at least she isn't a furry hedgehog.

well, looking at things from another side, Blaze is a bit of an emotional trainwreck...

Just throwing this out there... but Sonic actually does do a really good job of checking Blaze's emotions.

well, looking at things from another side, Blaze is a bit of an emotional trainwreck...
She seems pretty stable post-Rush.

She seems pretty stable post-Rush.

She was much better for sure. She had a [justified] explosion toward marine. If you ignore the "Suicide Rush" Sonic talked her out of, she did pretty well for herself.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus

Maybe Sonic has a Blaze plush he sleeps with?

Last time I've checked, the Sonic franchise isn't a series of Self-Insert Fanfics...

• Thumbs Up 3

No character in the Sonic universe has a plush of any other character that they sleep with. Period.

Except that Blaze has a Silver plush of course, but that goes without saying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm.

I'm not seeing it.

Edited by -The Joker-
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather not put characters in romantic relationships...

i'm not good at it at all... and people in general tend to be pretty awful writting that in fanfics so...

I mean, everybody goes out of character, it's horrible...

shipping gaves me more reason to hate fan media than to like it.

Edited by Anti Alias

No character in the Sonic universe has a plush of any other character that they sleep with. Period.
I could imagine Eggman sleeping with a plush. No idea what of, tho'.

Himself, because he loves himself oh so much.

EDIT: GODDAMMIT TOBY! NINJA'D!

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 3

Why, Eggman, of course! If there's one thing that man loves more than anything else in the world (and conquering it), it's himself!