Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

One thing I immediately wonder is if this will start it's own sort of series? Like, if it will be a MGS Rising 2 or something.

Also what the hell did Kojima say there near the ending of it...? "There will be many raisings", I dont understand his engrish.

Many "risings", I'd imagine he means. Does indeed sound a lot like he's making out Raiden to be his very own series right now. Whether or not that's a good thing, I'll have to wait for some gameplay footage to know for sure, but I'll bet the fanboys are pissed at the concept of ONE Metal Gear Raiden, let alone a whole fucking series. XD

I'll wait until I see some screens, but this is Kojima we're talking about. It's going to be epic.

Although, was the 'Sony fanboy tears' thing really necessary? I've not seen any Sony fanboy rage at all since this announcement - in fact everyone was kind of bracing for a Kojima announcement at Microsoft's conference, so it wasn't exactly 'Megaton'. If Kojima/MS had announced it as exclusive, however... my lord, there would have been chaos. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

They're crying because they lost their exclusive. Doesn't anyone remember this video?

I'll just say it before someone else says it (apologies in advance!): ITT: Butthurt Sonyfriends :P

Now that's over with, a surprising amount of people seem to hate Raiden, what's up with that? Personally if this were to become a full series, I think they would chnage the actual game's name. To have MGS:R2 would just be a little too much, they may as well change the "Solid" part. As long as the "Solid" part stays, this is a spinoff of Snake's series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes? I know that. So, where are the crying fanboys then? Read what I said again and make sure your reply is actually relevant this time. (Hint: The important bits are in bold, so you don't have to try ;))

Although, was the 'Sony fanboy tears' thing really necessary? I've not seen any Sony fanboy rage at all since this announcement - in fact everyone was kind of bracing for a Kojima announcement at Microsoft's conference, so it wasn't exactly 'Megaton'. If Kojima/MS had announced it as exclusive, however... my lord, there would have been chaos. :P

They're crying because they lost their exclusive. Doesn't anyone remember this video?

I'll just say it before someone else says it (apologies in advance!): ITT: Butthurt Sonyfriends :P

That's a slightly different affair. There have been Metal Gear games on the Xbox before, even on the Gamecube. A lot of fanboys had their hearts set on the fact that FFXIII wasn't going anywhere, given it's been primarily a Sony franchise since 1997 (also lol, Youtube).

Killemoff has already detailed that everyone knew a Kojima 360 game was going to be announced anyway, so it was hardly a surprise. What we didn't know was whether it was a new game or a port of MGS4. I'm glad it's a new game, because that way it's not as if the 360's playing catch up at all or anything.

And I'm not butthurt at all, do you really know me? :P I'm simply saying, where are the butthurt Sony fanboys? And was there a point even bringing it up, other than to display yourself to be a Microsoft fanboy? Doesn't exactly make you look good when you go "LOL LOOK AT ALL THE SONY FANBOYS CRYING SWEET MILKY TEARS!". Hardly a humble 'win' is it?

Since when has defending common sense been an act of fanboyism?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thats another big franchise Sony has lost exclusivity to. Which means that people will tie to a console more and more due to its interface and features... oh dear Sony.

I'm glad "Solid Snake" is now done with. Well I assume he is?!?!

Even if he said it would be, he has a thing about back tracking and doing another one. I swear 2 was suppose to be the final one he would do lol.

I didn't play MGS4, is Raiden no longer a twat?

That's a slightly different affair. There have been Metal Gear games on the Xbox before, even on the Gamecube. A lot of fanboys had their hearts set on the fact that FFXIII wasn't going anywhere, given it's been primarily a Sony franchise since 1997 (also lol, Youtube).

That's true, although I guess it's the first time it will ever be released on another console at the same time, alongside the PS version. Not to mention the Ecksbawks port of Substance was awful.

And I'm not butthurt at all, do you really know me? :P I'm simply saying, where are the butthurt Sony fanboys? And was there a point even bringing it up, other than to display yourself to be a Microsoft fanboy? Doesn't exactly make you look good when you go "LOL LOOK AT ALL THE SONY FANBOYS CRYING SWEET MILKY TEARS!". Hardly a humble 'win' is it?

Since when has defending common sense been an act of fanboyism?

Wasn't commenting on you at all Knux, just saw the subtitle for the thread and thought I'd chuck it in before anyone else said it ;P To be completely honest I'd only read the first post before making my own.

'Sides, I'll probably have a PS3 before this comes out anyway, and I'll decide on which version to get through a strict series of pros and cons.

EDIT: Kojima says Snake's story is over. He won't make another game based on Solid Snake unless Konami demand him to. That doesn't count out Naked Snake/Big Boss though; who most are assuming will have something to do with the PSP title being announced today (probably)

Edited by #385 Jirachi

Knux is rite, there's as many "Sony Fanboy Tears" as shed by their MS counterparts back when Bioshock 2 was confirmed to be on PS3 too, 'cept this time the prior game hasn't been ported. Hence, no "exclusive" has been "lost" - in fact, doesn't this pretty much confirm MGS4 ain't gonna go anywhere ever? Past this E3 it'll be too late to bother with and KojiPro is busy with all this new shit.

So let's leave the retarded thread taglines back at gamefaqs and talk about the new Metal Gear games. Yes, plural, seeing how that PSP game has been unofficially confirmed for days. Between Sony's conference today and Konami's tomorrow we should be getting more details.

I'm glad "Solid Snake" is now done with. Well I assume he is?!?!

MGS4 ended Snake's storyline. He might appear as a cameo in either person or voiceover depending on when the game will be set, but that's all.

I didn't play MGS4, is Raiden no longer a twat?

What's the problem with Raiden as a character? I can understand people are (still) angry at him for replacing Snake and sure he doesn't reach that level of badassery, but Rose was the annoying one in MGS2, Raiden was just fine.

Anyways, to answer your question: he's the cyborg ninja now and this fact is incompatible with being a twat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Should have seen Kojima's page when he announced it.

It overflowed with hundreds of people cursing and raging. There's your fanboy rage, it's ludicrous really.

EDIT: http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/20...77.html#comment

I'll remove the topic subtitle though :U

Edited by Otsego Rotom

Rose was the annoying one in MGS2, Raiden was just fine.

'Did you say "nerd"?'

Raiden is a dick and you know it.

• Bad Quality Post 1

'Did you say "nerd"?'

Raiden is a dick and you know it.

"We've managed to avoid drowning!"

Nah, Raiden's hilarious. Love 'im to bits.

.... Wow. I'm gonna have to read all that after my exam, I'm laughing already. Geez I can't believe there are still people like that >:v

Edited by #385 Jirachi
  • Thumbs Up 2

Should have seen Kojima's page when he announced it.

It overflowed with hundreds of people cursing and raging. There's your fanboy rage, it's ludicrous really.

EDIT: http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/20...77.html#comment

I'll remove the topic subtitle though :U

Wow. I take that all back. That's a depressing find. >_> Luckily all the game sites I go to don't have any of that going on. Thanks for sharing anyway, just didn't want people on here to come off like dicks - mention Sony fanboys crying and such and there's a danger that you stoop yourself to their level really. Fanboys are really just better off ignored. Or smacking upside the head. :D

I personally hate Raiden, I try to like him, I really do, but he just urks me. The problem is he was sprang on us in a bad way, when he came on he forced Snake to the side. He was a wuss and, to quote Arnold, a girly man. He was running through Arsenal naked! Also Rose didn't help any either. His personality was just not very interesting.

Then came MGS4, it seemed like they were just trying to force him to be bad ass. Which made it worse. While I admit he was cooler, but still had that air of suck to him. Some of his lines were corny, but MGs does have corny lines sometimes. Also he wore high heels, so theirs that.

My biggest complaint is that if he is the main character you either are going to get the wuss from MGS2, or the Cyborg Ninja. I would prefer the wuss, because if you play as the ninja the gameplay is completely changed. Your now this super strong and agile guy who can slice right through anything.

As a side note, Raiden was introduced in order to pickup more female gamers, that was his original target audience. During a focus group for MGS one of the girls complained about the old guys and not caring. So yeah.

Edited by Kiljoy

Ehh... I like Raiden. I don't see what's to complain about a wuss, besides he's hardly a wuss, he just has some relationship problems in MGS2. He's pretty brave for a soldier who wasn't genetically created for battle. :/

And, I think the entire point of this game is to offer some different gameplay. We can't expect MGS gameplay, we're going to be getting something new; and I think that's excellent. Every franchise is getting something new these days. It's about time.

EDIT: Oh and about slicing through everything, obviously gameplay has to be taken into account. Just because Snake can ride missiles in cutscenes doesn't mean he can do it in gameplay. Same goes for Raiden cutting through everything as if it were nothing. The gameplay's going to be great. This is Kojima's first chance at something new in a while, and you can bet he's going to love it as much as we will.

Edited by #385 Jirachi
  • Thumbs Up 1

lol I don't think it's fair bringing up Snake backflipping off a missile, even metal gear fans make fun of that.

The thing is I don't want the gameplay to change, their aren't many stealth games out their, and most of them don't do it very well.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol I don't think it's fair bringing up Snake backflipping off a missile, even metal gear fans make fun of that.

The thing is I don't want the gameplay to change, their aren't many stealth games out their, and most of them don't do it very well.

I doubt that sneaking elements will be completely vaporized in this game. Even the "Jump In" parody on the trailer had it named "Sneak In". You never know.

EDIT: @Dread, nah I'm sorry for bickering off like that to begin with :u

Edited by Otsego Rotom

We knew this was coming, but it's cool to hear it said by the man himself, in broken English.

I feel like I've got more time to catch up on MGS4 now.

As for Raiden, I don't know what happened last game but I never had too much of a problem with him. Most of the issues I had with the second game came from the shitty translation-localization job they did compared to the first. They really lost something between those two games. For such a dialogue heavy series, the delivery and awkwardness of their lines was really messy. It's got a lot to do with why the ending of MGS2 makes little to no damn sense. I heard the new game was no improvement.

But yeah. Raiden is alright. Liberian child soldier. Kind of creepy actually. He doesn't even think about that stuff. For me, his pretty boy exterior was a front. The dude is a cold blooded killer. He's a cyborg too, but I don't know about that yet.

Edited by Weedle

What's the problem with Raiden as a character? I can understand people are (still) angry at him for replacing Snake and sure he doesn't reach that level of badassery, but Rose was the annoying one in MGS2, Raiden was just fine.

Anyways, to answer your question: he's the cyborg ninja now and this fact is incompatible with being a twat.

QFT. Rosemary is so annoying. I wish she would just die. Raiden needs more respect, and I don't see why people are still hating on him in MGS4.

As for MG Rising, I think it will be a cool game.

Just thought I'd let you guys know there was a bit of talk about it on Konami's press-conference. Not much but some insight. This is from G4TV's live blog feed.

3:33

Raiden shown. Here comes Rising!

3:33

Trailer time.

3:34

Same one that played at Microsoft's press conference so far.

PS3 LOGO confirmed on the title screen.

This is multiplatform people.

PS3 / Xbox 360

3:35

This is the "next series of Metal Gear" for the next-gen consoles.

3:35

This is a stealth espionage action game, but the main character will be Raiden.

3:36

Kojima is testing a new method of game development. More of the American way: using the same game engine for multiple titles.

Rising will be created by the "up & coming youngblood" at Kojima Productions.

PC also confirmed!

PS3 / PC / Xbox 360

.... Wow. I'm gonna have to read all that after my exam, I'm laughing already. Geez I can't believe there are still people like that >:v

It's called cognitive dissonance. Yep, it even has a name!

Legendary developer Hideo Kojima has revealed that he will be taking a back seat in the development of Metal Gear Solid Rising, and will instead focus his efforts on the forthcoming PSP exclusive entry, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Kojima who confirmed once and for all that Rising will also be headed to PlayStation 3 and PC said that he has handed the development torch over to young bloods for the game, which stars floppy haired cyber-man, Raiden.

"We're creating Rising with Kojima Productions' up-and-coming young bloods, because the game is for the young bloods as well, a new experience,

Edited by Lugia

Eh kind of figures, he doesnt want his whole plot that was all solved in MGS4 to be ruined by some nobody in peace walker, besides i think he pefers working on the big boss game over the raiden game. it doesnt mean rising will be ruined he will still be teaching the new comers about the "ways of kojima" and will still take an active role in it just he wont be the "big boss".

On a side note, do you guys think the AFD 2009 trailer was a secret annoucment for MGS: Rising?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4FPfaFfNFs

hmm, interesting that this game won't hav emuch Kojima involved in it, I wonder what a KojiPro game would be like without the man himself behind every tiny aspect.

could be a good thing. :0

could be really bad

There's a good reason for that. The main team that he works with have always called him back to work on the games with them. If he trains up a new team without any direct involvement, chances are they won't end up calling him back to work on every future game in the MGS:R series.

• Thumbs Up 1