Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

Truly you are inspiration to men everywhere.

Real talk, that's sweet if you...now hopefully she can get it before you suffer a nervous breakdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Uhhh, you know you can get check replacements, right? Oh dear.

Tried. Asshole thought she was trying to scam him for cash.  So he refused to verify that yes, he did pay her. 

You guys are probably wondering why I haven't said anything about Rising? Well, remember when I told you that my girlfriend ordered it for me for release? Well, she worked this temp job to help pay the pre-order in full(because a lot people don't spot 60 bucks months before shit comes out apparently) and after a month of earning the money at her shitty ass job and getting released because...well it does say temp for a reason, she finally got enough money to pay off the pre-order and fully purchase the game. And then somewhere in the cosmos, some divine thing decided to send a gust just strong enough to somehow blow the check out of her hand as she pulled it out her purse and into the drain it went. 

She was crying hard as she promised to get me this magnificent game because I give her gifts all the time(I bought her Twilight(I know) and three Sims Games) and she really wanted me to have this bad. She went on about how horrible of a girlfriend she is(she isn't), and how she is the worst girlfriend ever(She isn't). So I had to be understanding boyfriend and reassure her that it was not that much of a big deal to me(It was...but she couldn't know that). But maybe I reassured too much or not enough because she swore that she'd get me this game because...just because. Now I have the money to buy this game straight cash, no problems. I could just buy into, but her little heart was so damn determined and it would be a dick move to buy something that she promised me that she'd do. I also stopped playing the demo when she is around because feelz. I obsess about the game or openly gush how awesome it is...too much because it is a nice gesture and all, but goddamn. I want this game.

Like this is me on the outside:

tumblr_lukfyaMC0v1qc5u4q.gif

But on the inside:

tumblr_lxlgf21DIt1qagms8.gif

So yeah.

Wow that sounds like the best girlfriend ever to me, honestly, it sucks that that happened to her after working up that much money and her boss sounds like a real jerk for not giving her a replacement check, but I hope she doesn't have a hard time saving up the money. Also, sorry if this sounds mean but that gust of wind thing sounds strangely familiar to a cartoon.

By law he has to, it's illegal to refuse a worker a replacement check due to the fact that she's neither a slave nor a volunteer. Are you sure she lost the check in the cartoony way with you witnessing it or maybe she just wanted to keep the cash for herself xP

image_300834_thumb_wide620.jpg

It looks like we have a new character.  Khamsin.  As expected another Wind of Destruction; according to Wikipedia, Khamsin is "a dry, hot, dusty local wind, blowing from the south, in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula."

image_300834_thumb_wide620.jpg

It looks like we have a new character.  Khamsin.  As expected another Wind of Destruction; according to Wikipedia, Khamsin is "a dry, hot, dusty local wind, blowing from the south, in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula."

HOT WIND BLOWING?

• Thumbs Up 2

best birthday present biggrin.png

For Japan,the Blade Wolf DLC doesn't come until May 14 for North America and Europe.  

So I think I know what my favourite part from this game is... well actually two favourite parts, I can't decide what I like more.

1: The third phase of the Minstral fight, the very start of it, when the music goes "I finally found what I WAS LOOKING FOR!" I just really love that bit, in fact I was constantly 'retrying' just so I could hear that change in the music again and again.

2: This one depends if you have the Cyborg Ninja DLC.

Here in the UK we got the Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja DLC included with every copy, and when you activate it all the ingame cut scenes show you with the armor on...

Including the fight with Senator Armstrong. What I loved about this was the segments when you won the QTE's or correctly performed the zandatsu moments. Specifically, when he throws the junk at you. Do that correctly and hit him, he gets thrown under a ton of junk, emerges with his nanomachines going crazy and yells, the camera then pans so you see raiden in the Cyborg Ninja outfit. THAT right there... that moment when the camera pans.

Why that specific second? Well, if you blink you'll miss quite a nice throwback to Metal Gear Solid, it reminds me so much of the first encounter with Grey Fox in MGS, the way Raiden is standing and his movement just reminds me so much of that first encounter with the Ninja in MGS.

And with the DLC armor code on, it just completes the moment. Also I just think it's a really cool idea anyway, whilst it's suppoed to be Raiden, a state of the art cyborg vs a state of the art nanomachine enhanced human... slap on the Cyborg Ninja suit and you have a state of the art nanomachine human fighting a 90's era cyborg ninja... and the ninja is winning!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh by the way.

I also picked up the Metal Gear Rising Vocal Tracks CD from Game as well. It's priced at £11.99... however, it scans through the till as £7.99.

How is this deal possible? Nanomachines son!

And with the DLC armor code on, it just completes the moment. Also I just think it's a really cool idea anyway, whilst it's suppoed to be Raiden, a state of the art cyborg vs a state of the art nanomachine enhanced human... slap on the Cyborg Ninja suit and you have a state of the art nanomachine human fighting a 90's era cyborg ninja... and the ninja is winning!

Shame the Gray Fox DLC was only a preorder bonus here in America. They should had released it with the original cyborg body (you know the MGS4 skin) so everyone would be "OH YAH!"

Edited by MarisaStolethePreciousSSMB

How hard is it to write a replacement check?

When you are a dick, it is pretty hard.

By law he has to, it's illegal to refuse a worker a replacement check due to the fact that she's neither a slave nor a volunteer. Are you sure she lost the check in the cartoony way with you witnessing it or maybe she just wanted to keep the cash for herself xP

The keyword in this discussion is temp. Yes, you are absolutely right that employer can't refuse employee a replacement check. However, a temp usually isn't listed and because so many people leave the place that she worked out, why would they bother? If we took it to court provided that we have legal fees(and we don't because that would cost more than the check we were replacing), we'd have to prove that she worked there in which the employer could contently say, "who are you, people?" So yeah. As for her lying to me, I saw the check which was supposed to also pay for her rent(I ended up having to pay half of that because she ain't stay over at my place...sheeeyat) and food as well as this game. And I also saw her working, which wasn't that hard because she looked like a sexy secretary.  

In hindsight, we probably should have done it in his office...

Enough about my problems, so is there a game of the year edition coming out with all the dlc or something?

Edited by turbojet

Enough about my problems, so is there a game of the year edition coming out with all the dlc or something?

I wouldn't expect to see a GOTY edition anytime soon, if at all. The BladeWolf DLC hasn't been released yet and while the game was successful I don't think the sales and review scores are high enough to justify a re-release.

So, I'd just like to say for the record that I've never been a Metal Gear fan. So, when I first heard about this game, I just shrugged and moved on, not even remotely caring about it. Then, about a week ago, I started to get strangely curious about the series, leading me to watch a few gameplay videos from the series (By the way, those Codec calls with the Colonel in Arsenal Gear towards the end of MGS 2 are freaking creepy at times. .__.). So, I decided to watch a playthrough of Rising (thus spoiling the entire story, but I don't care) and after I was done, I said something I never thought I'd say in regards to the Metal Gear Series;

I want this game.

Seriously, it looks like loads of fun and Raiden is an absolute badass in this. Too bad I have neither a PS3 or an Xbox 360 to play it on. =< (Note to self, save up money and buy a 360)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that was kind of a let down.

It was cool to play Blade Wolf I guess, but it wasn't nearly as much fun as being Sam.  And much like Sam's DLC, it really doesn't provide much backstory; you could probably have worked most of it out from the screenshots alone. 

Half of the story is set in VR and the other half is the first level of the main game in reverse, and no, you don't get to fight Raiden.  The boss was pretty fun, but the character you fight was pretty pointless.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY

I thought Blade Wolf was pretty neat.  A fair bit better than Sam, but shorter too.

The story is fairly simple and straight to the point.  Wolf gets prepped for the next mission, Wolf tries to escape, and promptly gets put in his place.  It never really struck me that Wolf was being treated as a slave, makes me care about the guy even more.  Other than that, you have Wolf being his typical snarky self.

As for gameplay... yes.  Yes, yes, 1000 times, yes.  

The first problem with Sam was that he couldn't stealth kill; Blade Wolf can, and he does it with style.  A Mastiff?  Nothing throwing a few knives after back flipping off of its face can't fix.  Oh is that a Slider?  Tackle it into the fucking ground.  More Mastiffs and Cyborgs?  Stab them through the back with your tail.  Is that a Gekko?  CHAINSAW IN ITS FACE.  Taking the stealthy route is immensely satisfying as Blade Wolf, and unlike Raiden, stealth-ing it out actually rewards you (you get rankings for the fights anyways with a Hunting bonus for all the enemies you stealthily kill).  

The second problem with Sam is that he felt too restrictive and weak most of the time (unless you want to take the chance and taunt your enemies a bit).  Blade Wolf is fragile as hell, but goddamn is he quick and powerful.  He works very much the same way I like to play Raiden; they can't hurt you when they have a sword in their throat so keep the pressure on them.  Mastiffs', Gekkos', and GRAD's armors are chump change in comparison to Blade Wolf; you can take them out in no time flat.

Now, Blade Wolf doesn't have much in terms of bosses.  In my playthrough I fought another Blade Wolf, which I think is optional, and... er whoever the fuck the new guy is.  New guy is a shitty character, but his boss was fun.  Love how they incorporated Blade Wolf's stealth into the fight, and the finisher was sweet.

I got my money's worth out of it personally.  Blade Wolf's just too damn fun to use.

Edited by Nix