Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

FUCKING GLORIOUS

Good thing I actually waited, a PC release is sweet music to my ears.

FUCK.YES!

Imagine if it has all the DLC already in it and actually ties into the main story ala Deus Ex Human Revolution Wii U!

THIS. MADE. MY. DAY.

Too bad I might not get to play it on the PC, because I doubt my laptop is strong enough to handle it. But, if it is... >=3

Finally got around to playing the Bladewolf DLC, it's pretty good but I did have some issues with it. I was expecting a bit more variety in his move set, something at least comparable to Sam's multiple combo enders, charge attacks, double jump, air dash, and taunt mechanic. I also wish we could unlock his "Raiden" armor as a skin, it looks so much better than his generic LQ-84 look. However BW can stealth kill (with style) and his final boss is completely original with a badass new song so it's at step above that cheap rehash of Senator Nanomachines in Sam's.

• 2 months later...

Bump.

http://bit.ly/15JohO3

So theres this really detailed survey being passed around on Facebook about MGRR, asking about stuff that Konami would ask right down to "If there was a sequel would you buy it?".

Don't know if its from Konami officially or not but it wouldn't kill ya I guess to spend a half hour filling it out. (it is long so get comfy.)

Bump.

http://bit.ly/15JohO3

So theres this really detailed survey being passed around on Facebook about MGRR, asking about stuff that Konami would ask right down to "If there was a sequel would you buy it?".

Don't know if its from Konami officially or not but it wouldn't kill ya I guess to spend a half hour filling it out. (it is long so get comfy.)

Reminds me of that Epic Mickey 2 quiz asking for a potential sequel.

I'd totally take a MGR 2.

MGR2 but as a prequel with Gray Fox?

Pretty please?

Rising originally was going to feature Grey Fox, but Kojima wanted to save him for a project that he would personally direct.

MGR2 but as a prequel with Gray Fox?

Pretty please?

I'm praying that Gray Fox will make an appearance in MGSV. Maybe even as playable DLC, like he was in MGS: Special Missions.

This could be a good idea, because Gray Fox became the cyborg ninja shortly after the events of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. So if he appeared in MGSV they could really add to his back story, before giving him is own game MGR2.

I would also be happy for Raiden to appear again in a sequel to MGR.

Edited by -Bender-

• 3 months later...

It seems more like free DLC is now bundled with the game. 

I TAKE THAT BACK IT'S UP FOR FREE RIGHT NOW 

Edited by Smoky Progg

The downloads for me finished, and I've been playing Bladwolf for a bit.

He controls kinda clunky and his blade mode is inaccurate but he has some badass attacks.

Edited by -Bisharp-

DLC is not going to be free in Europe...

Well ta muchly....

That kind of sucks, I wonder why its not going to be free there.

Current details are.

US = Free on both PS360.

Asia = Free on bother PS360.

Europe = Free on Xbox 360. Not free on PS3... this is due to the PSN+ promotion in which the game is free.

However the ps blog guy said he's looking into it.

• 1 month later...

So yeah, even though I haven't beaten Armstrong yet, I think I have enough experience to grade the bosses on Normal Mode for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Thus, we begin with...

METAL GEAR RAY: Very easy boss fight, although that is not surprising since it's the first boss. Really slow and generally predictable, but a cool fight spectacle-wise. WE CUT THE DAMN THING IN HALF WHILE RUNNING DOWN A CLOCK TOWER! HOW IS THAT NOT AWESOME?!

Jetstream Sam Round 1: You can't win anyways, so moving on.

Blade Wolf: Brutally hard if you don't know how to use the parry attack right...and also didn't know the Lock-On feature existed. It doesn't really help that I had little understanding on how to kill the Gekko he summoned, so that tore a hole through my health quite often.

Mistral: Really easy. This was the only boss I didn't die to at least once. Having all of those dwarf gekko around with their health packs is like giving out free candy.

GRAD: I was brutally slaughtered many times by this mofo. Being in a really small room with a giant thing that can cover the distance of the room with ease did not help. Once I figured out how to parry (yeah, I forgot to parry, how embarrassing) its attacks, it went down eventually. A personal note for ease's sake: When it gives you the sign to go into blade mode, DON'T DO IT. When the shields go down, it gets much faster and hits far more often. Unless you are looking to bulk up your score, I found this to be the easier path.

Monsoon: Rather easy once you can parry most of his attacks.  He doesn't hit too hard until he starts throwing the giant spinning trash wheels, and even then being able to parry will go a long way.

Mistral/Monsoon Double: Very easy this time around, especially with the polearm and sai on hand.

Sundowner: If you don't bother with the shield and just run around him to hurt him, he is piss easy. Kind of underwhelming to be honest.

Jetstream Sam: Kinda easy, though he does hit hard when weaponless. However, this boss took fewer attempts than some of the trickier bosses.

METAL GEAR EXCELSUS: Really easy, especially since I found out that the boss cannot hit you with both blades if you move to the absolute furthest corner of the map, and you can also jump over the horizontal blade if need be. Otherwise, just parry and dodge.

Armstrong: Think Sundowner except hits like a truck, is really fast, and REALLY TESTS YOUR ENDURANCE. Seriously, make sure you are not tired before facing this guy, or you are getting your ass handed to you a lot.

Overall, other than a rough start, this game was well worth the price, although I doubt I will replay the game that often since I don't like having to go through entire stretches of level just to reach the boss fights.

I brought this up a few times in the statuses but do you guys know of the unlimited BP glitch in File R-01? (Mistral's level).

Its helped soo much in getting these weapons maxed out.