Awoo.

Why are Classic and Modern Sonic so separated?

Cortez

Mario has also had the benefit of a steady vision. Unlike Sonic Team, the development team at Nintendo haven't had such massive upheavals of their structure and the principal visionaries behind the franchise have stayed to this day. There is also the fact that Nintendo themselves were lucky enough not to get shunted out of the console market and have to go third-party, which I'm sure played a huge role in the issues that occured within Sonic Team and the development of Sonic games.

I do agree and would like to complement this "huge role" part with this one paragraph:

Also, Sonic was more than a franchise for SEGA - it was a position. The mascot, the spearhead. Sonic as a trademark was closely associated with SEGA as a trademark, and Sonic as a franchise, closely associated with SEGA as a company. When SEGA was forced to change their whole marketing strategy, Sonic's position in this strategy was changed as well. Or else, the mascot's role changed. To put it simply, Sonic became a ghost and incarnated another body. Still there, but not quite there. This alone was sufficient to change not only Sonic games and how they were produced, but also how they were perceived. What it meant to be playing Sonic. What it meant to be a part of the group of people who were enthusiasts of Sonic.

Give Modern back a fully functional spin dash, either as part of his normal arsenal or at least as a skill that can replace boost if you feel like it.

Sega did a great job with both Classic and Modern in Generations, so I'm hoping they keep giving us fun, polished gameplay that feels inspired by Sonic's legacy.

But as we can see on these forums, some fans are never satisfied and bitch and moan about everything, even when Sega gets it totally right.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

But as we can see on these forums, some fans are never satisfied and bitch and moan about everything, even when Sega gets it totally right.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Okay, honestly dude, I'm getting rather sick of your patronizing attitude whenever we criticize parts of the game we don't like just because you think it's "totally right." And it's not like we don't even call each other out if we feel someone's wrong or when some actually does sing to bitching and moaning.

Okay, honestly dude, I'm getting rather sick of your patronizing attitude whenever we criticize parts of the game we don't like just because you think it's "totally right." And it's not like we don't even call each other out if we feel someone's wrong or when some actually does sing to bitching and moaning.

I'm frankly sick of you following me around "dude."

If you don't like it, stop responding.

I ignore almost everything you write already.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Still better than Sonic 4.

"It's still better than the worst thing it could possibly be" You just gave a backhanded compliment.

Edited by BeelzeBummer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Your on an internet forum where everyone can see your comments. When you put them out, you subject yourself to criticism whether you like it or not. You don't like people calling your responses out like I am, then why don't YOU stop responding?

But there's a diffference between criticism, bashing, and being patronizing, and whenever someone disagrees and sees fault with what you like you dismiss it as "complaining and bitching". Yeah, there are people who do that and when they do we call them out, but not everyone on these forums do it as you make it out to be.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Still better than Sonic 4.

Why, there's something for Sonic Team to shoot for in the future. I don't even agree with Dio on this, but seriously? "It's better than Sonic 4" is your ace in the whole?

Why, that's a helpful attitude to hold on a forum when you construct a strawman and it is thrown back at your face.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

He'll keep responding so long as he feels like it, if you don't like it you can always just use the ignore function.

And don't make it out like ChaosSupreme has it in for you.

Edited by BeelzeBummer

Why, there's something for Sonic Team to shoot for in the future. I don't even agree with Dio on this, but seriously? "It's better than Sonic 4" is your ace in the whole?

I don't think the physics are perfect, but that doesn't stop the game from being well designed and fun to play.

Give Sega credit for trying or they won't learn from their mistakes at all.

Praise them when they don't deserve it and they won't bother to learn from their mistakes.

if you don't like it you can always just use the ignore function.

How does that work? Cause I'm ready to use it now.

Edit: Figured it out thanks.

How does that work? Cause I'm ready to use it now.

Before you do, understand that I have nothing against you, K?

I'm just asking for you to stop being patronizing whenever someone shows any disagreement and dismissing it as bitching and complaining. Because it's grating and insulting. There's a time to call it out, and it isn't when someone happens to simply dislike what you like.

EDIT: I suppose he's just going to keep covering his ears like that?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

So if someone is taking issue with something, it is safe to assume that the reason they are taking an issue with something is because they don't like that specific thing.

Sure, I think everyone has the right to say or think whatever they want. But one thing I've learned is that the perfect is the enemy of the good.

So Classic Sonic isn't perfect, agreed, I get it. I wish it was a little closer to the original too. But trashing everything Classic related isn't productive either. Doesn't help at all.

Modern is as perfect as it has ever been, but it's sort of like unleashed so it's really stale and sucks? So generations is a bad game now?

And the story is simple so it sucks too?

All this "interesting" feedback is leading to a clusterfuck of a new Sonic game.

Sir, I feel I must inform you that the entirety of Sonic Team is Japanese and, as such, they wouldn't understand a word of what we are saying even if they had the time and the will to come here.

• Thumbs Up 1

With that kind of attitude, is there anything that I am allowed to complain about?

Of course you can THAT'S MY POINT, but when your feedback gets canceled out with really terrible feedback, that's not good for anybody.

And saying feedback is bad like general "this sucks" statements IS NOT suppressing other opinions either.

Sir, I feel I must inform you that the entirety of Sonic Team is Japanese and, as such, they wouldn't understand a word of what we are saying even if they had the time and the will to come here.

Considering that the have Sega of America and Europe with community managers to translate what we're saying, that's not really an excuse. And given that Sonic's fandom is the smallest in Japan while the west loves him, I think they know well enough what we're saying. It says alot about Generations being made in the first place.

That, and there's also translation software in this age, so understanding things isn't as difficult as it was in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that the have Sega of America and Europe with community managers to translate what we're saying, that's not really an excuse. And given that Sonic's fandom is the smallest in Japan while the west loves him, I think they know well enough what we're saying. It says alot about Generations being made in the first place.

That, and there's also translation software in this age, so understanding things isn't as difficult as it was in the past.

The thing is that they are so, so distant from us that I strongly doubt our feedback will ever lead to "a clusterfuck of a Sonic game". I mean, it's not like they don't have their own stuff in their minds, so if Iizuka joined SSMB (and could speak English) he would come and disagree with us and all instead of saying "oh alright I'll take your word for it" and make the next Sonic game based on our thoughts.

Of course, they do know what we are saying, but only at a distance. I'm sure of it. They grasp the general reception, not the in-depth thoughts. So really, if Ball Hog Badnik's worried about three guys in a forum creating impending doom, I think he shouldn't be. Rather, we are the ones who should be complaining.

• Thumbs Up 2

Your attitude stinks and isn't doing you any favors.

Get your shit together or expect swift action.

• Thumbs Up 7