Awoo.

Cutest Sonic Moments?

Multikaris

What moments im Sonic games do you think are the cutest?

For me:

*Chip's Death. Greater love hath no dog than he who lays his life for his friend. The death speech was the best part. "I will always be with you, as part of the Earth you tread". I especially love his quickly Sonic got over losing Chip. Which is, to say, pretty much instantly. I also love the song afterward, Dear My Friend.

* Pretty much everything that Classic Sonic did in Generations and the actual classics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tail's Voice in this scene right here always puts a smile on my face simply because of how fudging adorable he sounds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing Tails finally get some character development by the end of Sonic Adventure, then getting all embarassed and giddy for beating Eggman by himself. His "I did it all by myself!" made me smile. :}

• Thumbs Up 7

Seeing Tails finally get some character development by the end of Sonic Adventure, then getting all embarassed and giddy for beating Eggman by himself. His "I did it all by myself!" made me smile. :}

Speaking which, I always loved how at the end of Team Sonic's story in Sonic Heroes, Sonic gives genuine props to Knuckles and Tails for helping him out, Knuckles has dumbfounded/bewildered look on his face (like he honestly wasn't expecting it) and Tails gives an embarrassed chuckle, I thought that was cute.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 6

This came to my mind first:

[/media

I find this this cutscene here from Sonic and the Black Knight both cute and heartwarming. It is also filled with excellent characterization of Sonic. Despite him having to accomplish Lady Nimue's tests within a limited amount of time, those circumstances could not and would not prevent Sonic from helping out the crying and distressed child. He was going to help that child no matter what. Sonic kneeled down to the kid's level and comforted the kid with a genuine pat on the head, and promised he would help get his parents back after fighting the dragon, a humbling gesture I find very cute. smile.png

Watching this clip made me remember how funny it was that Caliburn follows Sonic...instead of you know.....Sonic holding Caliburn in his hand.

These pictures of Tails in the Sonic 2 endings look really cute.

sonic2-6.gif

s2end.gif

Edited by NightwingFox

I hate the Model used for Classic sonic in the Generations renders but his in game model is frikken adorable.

I vote for that scene in Sonic Free Riders where Sonic offered to rerace Jet after it was discovered that Jet's board had a mechanical failure. It showed in one cutscene the kind of competitor Sonic is.

Edited by SeñorCardgage

-It may be cliche, but the usual shtick of saving innocent animals from robot prisons is sort of cute to me. I consider myself a bit of an animal person, so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, since many heroes tend to get the antagonizing treatment from fans (eg: Mario "slaughtering" those "poor" Koopas and Goombas), it's twice as cool and heroic in Sonic/Tails/whoever's case since they're not only not actually killing enemies since they're usually non-sentient robots (and besides, the exceptions like the Biolizard and Iblis' minions tend to be completely mindless anyway), but they're also regularly freeing critters at the same time. And that's... great, to me. I don't know why, it just is.

-The part in the Sonic CD intro in which we see what Robotnik's done to the Little Planet, and Sonic's determined frown and subsequent heroic leap towards the mechanized sphere. No witty lines, just getting the job done, and it ties into the manuals' persistent belief of Sonic not standing for injustice since in this scene, it looks like that's literal. Things like this are a sort of understated way of showing that Sonic is a classic hero, no ambiguity about it, despite what many fanfics warp him as.

-The title screen in the Game Gear version of Sonic & Tails/Sonic Chaos. This is an odd one, but something about Sonic's confident smile mixed with Tails' somewhat awkward thumbs up makes me warm inside. Also, thanks to an amusing chime-in from my friend, we now associate Sonic's pose with "Bathroom's that way, mate."

-Sonic's Emerald Get smile in Spinball. Not so much that in itself, but rather because it shows that even in a frankly fucked up place like Robotnik's Veg-O-Fortress, Sonic still keeps calm and carries on.

-I know this doesn't really count since it's Puyo Puyo, but I always thought the ending music in Mean Bean Machine was cute. It's one of the most optimistic and happy tunes I've ever heard.

-Doing Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Tails. S3&K is my top favourite game, Tails is my top favourite Not-Robotnik character, so it's a perfect match. I don't know what about it makes it cute exactly, I think it's because Tails is younger than Sonic and a little more insecure, and yet you still brave on the many regions of Angel Island (a far cry from Westside Island in Sonic 2) and take on Robotnik all on your own, and become a wonderful hero. It's a Kirby effect, and shows that you don't have to leave the important stuff to "the grown ups".

-Upon being released from his cage in Atomic Destroyer, Knuckles immediately made amends with Sonic and shook hands. He knew he was the one of the two that fucked up - and fell for Robotnik's tricks again - and he was willing to swallow his pride for it because that wasn't what mattered at the moment. It also serves as another point for why I never saw Sonic and Knuckles as "rivals".

-Tikal's pacifism. Seriously. At the risk of sounding like a hippie, pacifism makes me swoon like a motherfucker. It's a weakspot.

-Even if it resulted in a certain line that's rightfully laughed at, Tails being willing to talk in a civil manner to Robotnik after the latter almost killed Sonic. Even if Robotnik's too busy talking about his own warped visions (hey, I have my own little fanon, you have yours), it's a proud display of how even after an immediate revenge reaction courtesy of the second Tails VS Eggman boss fight, he's still ultimately very forgiving.

-This will sound weird, but somehow the Mega Collection music comes off as cute to me. The Games/Manuals ditty in particular makes me think of all the whimsical, exciting zones out there in Sonic's universe, all there for you to dilly-dally around in.

-Music Plant Zone. It's so happy.

-Some of Tails' moments in Heroes, like being scared in Hang Castle (even if it did bring that awkward discussion about Shadow), showing that even now he's still the same slightly fragile soul he's always been, which of course only makes him all the more heroic since he's actively facing his fears. There's also his embarrassed reaction to Sonic thanking him and Knuckles for their assistance. I always like my protagonists to be modest.

-Tails' (notice a recurring theme yet?) reactions to Rouge's playful teasing in Battle. On one hand, he's a bright mind, so it's not like he's completely blind in this situation like most his age probably would be. But on the other hand, he's so confused and unsure of what to do about it, so he just kind of takes it and tolerates it shyly.

-Tails (take a shot) pulling a Good Guy Greg and deciding to fix G-Merl up and basically turn him into Emerl. Like the SA2 example, proof that Tails is one of the most understanding and forgiving of the cast, which I can always appreciate.

-As with Mega Collection, Gems Collection's music is this to me, especially the relaxing Manuals one. Same deal, makes me imagine all of the pretty worlds in Sonic's universe, be it actual real ones or crap ones I've thought up in my mind.

-Sonic being understanding of Blaze's secluded personality in both Rushes. Being a jolly good fellow aside, you wouldn't think the posterboy for coolness and outspoken nature would be all that kind towards someone who's a lot more of an introvert, so that was a nice surprise and once again proves that there's more to Sonic than just "saying cheesy lines".

-The fact that Darkspine Sonic didn't turn Sonic into the expected Superpowered Evil Side trope. I've said a few times that I really don't like Dark Super Sonic from Sonic X since - while I don't like that whole cliche anyways - it especially doesn't work with a guy like Sonic. Darkspine, on the other hand... yes, he's a lot more angry. Yes, he's beating up Erazor more violently than you usually see from him. But nevertheless, he's still the same Sonic we know and love, and no silly "dark powers" are going to change that. Darkspine is viewed in-game as an unambiguous good thing, and even with the violent beatdown, he is only beating up, still not actually full-on killing... granted, that was because he would give the genie a terrible fate and give him a lamp lava bath, but you get the idea.

-Marine. Screw those wascally haters, I loved the shit out of Marine, and to this day I'm still wangsting that she's yet to fully return in the games.

-For all the problems Chronicles had, I did like it when Tails (hahahaha, thought I was done with him?) concocted a device that would send the Nocturnous back with no injuries, and subsequently his disapproval of Robotnik's desire to "hurt them just a little bit". Even with potentially murderous forces, Tails cares about everyone's well-being. Aww.

-Just like the Darkspine example, the Werehog form not fucking up Sonic's mind. A lot of people were disappointed that Sonic didn't "go crazy" in this form, but I was relieved. After so many fanfics in which Sonic gets warped into a monster - as well as Dark Super Sonic's existence - the Werehog came along and said fuck you. The best part of course is that Sonic wasn't even aware that he should have been pulling a Hulk. The guy's just all-around good. And, for better or worse, that's adorable to me.

-Colours. All of it, son. Sonic and Tails acting like brothers from other mothers, the Wisps and their beautiful homeworld, saving said aliens from the now-alien boogeyman Robotnik... *gushgushgush*

-Classic Sonic's happy dance upon getting the best ranking in Generations. It's almost as endearing as the Crash Dance.

There's probably more, but that'll do for now.

• Thumbs Up 7

Some people posted sentimental moments too, so why not?

The true ending of Sonic Adventure. How could you not cry seeing Tikal fly away with Chaos 0? TT_TT Or the little Chaos' noises, it's so cute. The music helps a lot too. Also, Tikal's voice is the cutest thing *-*

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

*Chip's Death. Greater love hath no dog than he who lays his life for his friend. The death speech was the best part. "I will always be with you, as part of the Earth you tread". I especially love his quickly Sonic got over losing Chip. Which is, to say, pretty much instantly. I also love the song afterward, Dear My Friend.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 3

Watching Classic Sonic celebrate when we get an S-Rank in Generations; it's so adorable. Also (even though it isn't from a game) Sonic and Tails' relationship in AoStH. Their brotherly partnership was probably most prominent in AoStH and it was really cute. Tails is also just cute in general in that show.

Sonic-Tails bromance in general is cute, it was just really prominent in AoStH.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails's yawning animation in Sonic 4 episode 2, how he looks so sleepy and his ears flop forward really make it.
  • Thumbs Up 7

For some reason I find this music to be cute with the chao singing in the background.

Also I've always found Sonic and Tails bromance to be really cute especially in Colors. It always makes me smile.

• Thumbs Up 1