Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

So yeah... the guest is from TF2. I told you it would make lots of people like it, since I seen lots of Team Fortress players here, and yeah, this time he is a video-game guest. I didn't told the platform, because it would be easier to deduce and I didn't want that, but anyway.

Also, the final fan service. What is it anyway? I'm excited.

Edited by Jango

I love how much more personalized each of the stages are. Little details that don't detract anything from people not familiar with the franchise but mean a lot to people who love the franchises. I feel the fanservice in the stages is MUCH better this time around than in the last game.

A few of my personal favorite fan service touches so far:

-Galactic Parade is full of them, but if I had to name my top two it would definitely go to the bit where suddenly Aero Chasers appear on the field and starts shooting lasers down isles, and when on the final lap the giant ship appears out of nowhere like it does in that one stage in Colors and interrupts the track, leading to you racing through the ship.

-Burning Depths makes a lot of subtle references to Burning Rangers, but I adore the inclusion of Chris being your navigator and updating you on the status of the facility as things like flooding and fire outbreaks occur.

-Dream Valley breaking into different nightmares each time you enter was a very nice touch! And I love the final one where Wizeman has you in a realm of utter darkness with all of this chaos flying around as he barks at you that you can't win, you will never escape, and the likes as you try to make your way to the gate out.

-Having all of those classic House of the Dead bosses in the Graveyard Gig level is huge fanservice to me, though to be honest I'm a bit surprised how some of their designs can get by with the game's rating intact. XD; Not that I'm complaining. Also having each lap build up to Zombiko and Zombia's wedding and having them kiss at the end is cute~

There's more, but all I wanted to comment on for now.

Edited by Agent York

Clicking through the streaming videos that were archived. Professor K! I didn't see him, but I heard him give a little commentary throughout the JSR track. Did Sumo Digital actually manage to get the original Professor K voice actor in for some lines? I don't recognize them from the games.

Clicking through the streaming videos that were archived. Professor K! I didn't see him, but I heard him give a little commentary throughout the JSR track. Did Sumo Digital actually manage to get the original Professor K voice actor in for some lines? I don't recognize them from the games.

Edited by Agent York

Prof K has too much of a unique voice to be a soundalike. I'm guessing either clever reuse of lines or new stuff. At one point he refers to the game, but these might be from the Deathball scenes in JSRF?

Question for S0L. In this vid Amy is just too pink! It looks weird.. Did you miss that? Will it stay like that in the game?

Thank you!

Yo spoilerz peeps, over at the racer roster thread I need help in adding cameos. Only looking for unique characters. Not enemies/NPCs who appear in multiples. If you comment over there, spoiler tag your findings.

Yo spoilerz peeps, over at the racer roster thread I need help in adding cameos. Only looking for unique characters. Not enemies/NPCs who appear in multiples. If you comment over there, spoiler tag your findings.

I'm certain Billy is somewhere in the town, unless I mistook one of those lookalike chickens for him. I spotted Chick Poacher, Rolly Roll, Bantam Scrambled at one moment during the feed:

y6QBv.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Did someone already recorded the OutRun Bay track? I need Splash Wave remix injected in my veins.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

rolly.png

Yeah it's definitely her because if it was Billy then why include Chick Poacher and Bantam Scrambled without Rolly? Billy must be somewhere else.

So it looks like California and Canada broke street date from what I'm seeing.

If we all could be smoking what you guys are, I'm sure we'd get it early everywhere too.

Only asian game shops break street date around here.

As I said in the roster thread:

I have a few cameos I've spotted so far that definitely should be added (cameo spoilers):

-Wizeman (NiGHTS into Dreams) appears in the last lap of the NiGHTS course and has spoken dialogue, should definitely be added.

-Chris Parton (Burning Rangers) is the character who is talking to you over radio who navigates you on what is going on, just like her role in Burning Rangers.

-Gillwing (NiGHTS into Dreams boss) makes an appearance flying around the first nightmare world in the NiGHTS course.

-Puffy (NiGHTS into Dream boss) makes an appearance bouncing around the second nightmare world in the NiGHTS course.

-Rolly Roll, Chick Poacher, and Bantam Scrambled (Billy Hatcher) all make appearances near the beginning of the Billy Hatcher course.

-Aero Chasers (Sonic the Hedgehog). Normally I wouldn't count enemies, but these guys from Sonic Colors (and Unleashed, and Generations) actually play a pretty cool and integral part of the stage by doing exactly what they do in the games.

-Shou Amabane and Tillis (Burning Rangers) can be seen at the very beginning of the Burning Rangers course, and throughout it as they start boosting ahead at the very beginning of the race and appear multiple times throughout it all.

-From House of the Dead, a few big baddies appear. The ones I recognize are Death, Lovers, Hangedman, and Tower.

Those are what I can think of and recognize off the top.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks! I'll add what I can. Might list off non-unique enemies below the character list, as I can think of quite a few

My jaw nearly fell to the floor when I heard Sanctuary Falls' pre-race intro music on that stream last night.

Major kudos to everyone at Sumo for making this game so incredibly worth waiting for.

So it looks like California and Canada broke street date from what I'm seeing.

Good, the street date was bullshit anyways. I don''t wanna have to wait until the 20th.