Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

I kind of want Miku in just to see what this place'll be like.

It'd be so chaotic... and, surprisingly, glorious.

• Thumbs Up 2

A bit of an update!

Things have been surprisingly civil and organized since Miku was essentially disqualified lmao.

I'm a bit sad about it, but on the other hand instead we're looking at the winners being possibly Segata, Ryo and Vectorman, or Ryo, Vectorman and Ristar (depending on if they decide if using the likeness of Segata's actor is a breach of rights or anything.)

I'd be very happy with any combination of those being considered. Everyone please keep voting (for Ryo)!

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thing is, Ristar

and Segata

are in the game, so right there Sumo would be breaking their multiple character rule. Ristar has already been said, by Steve, to present too many problems as a racer (disagree with his reasons, or not, they are what he's said). As for Segata

I'm certain they could not get Hiroshi Fujioka's likeness (as mentioned in the Sonic Talk podcast) and as such gave us the cameo we got where you only see the back of his head from a distance

. So you can probably count them out too.

• Thumbs Up 1

any news on alex kidd and the others?

Alex Kid is in the game, only through modding right now. It's best to assume Billy Hatcher is in the game too, being that he isn't present in Chilly castle with the rest of his pals and his name appears on disc files as some people found.

Can't say anything on other folks yet.

I don't think Billy has been made to work like the other racers though. Could be old incomplete files. Billy just doesn't strike me as DLC worthy. I'd have thought he'd be in the game already or not at all.

A bit of an update!

Things have been surprisingly civil and organized since Miku was essentially disqualified lmao.

I'm a bit sad about it, but on the other hand instead we're looking at the winners being possibly Segata, Ryo and Vectorman, or Ryo, Vectorman and Ristar (depending on if they decide if using the likeness of Segata's actor is a breach of rights or anything.)

I'd be very happy with any combination of those being considered. Everyone please keep voting (for Ryo)!

Hm? Miku disqualified? Where?

I mean, I'm slightly glad, but just curious as to a source. ^_^;

Thing is, Ristar

and Segata

are in the game, so right there Sumo would be breaking their multiple character rule. Ristar has already been said, by Steve, to present too many problems as a racer (disagree with his reasons, or not, they are what he's said).

I think Ristar has a good chance of being considered again if the demand is high enough. I'm not really sure what the multiple character rule is.. but the flagman isn't even there in multiplayer so Ristar could just be replaced with his own self.

As for the problems, it'd be a shame if they were too much :c I think he'd be fine though.

As for Segata

I'm certain they could not get Hiroshi Fujioka's likeness (as mentioned in the Sonic Talk podcast) and as such gave us the cameo we got where you only see the back of his head from a distance

. So you can probably count them out too.

Ah I actually was wondering about that.. was that confirmed in the Podcast then? I thought it may have been a "what if" thing but if they've outright said they can't do it and they can't change the likeness slightly I guess that makes sense.

Still gonna root for Ryo Vectorman and Ristar I think!

Hm? Miku disqualified? Where?

I mean, I'm slightly glad, but just curious as to a source. happy.png;

S0L said on SEGA Forums:

Hatsune Miku as a choice is... Interesting. You realise SEGA don't own that character? tongue.png

Which most people on there took as a sign to not bother anymore, they can only put forward 3 characters the fandom agrees on so they're trying to lessen risks in the characters they choose so there's more chance of making a difference etc.

Edited by SuperLink

It might take a tad bit of coding, but perhaps if Ristar is present in a race, the Outrun flagman could instead appear, seeing as they have his model ready? A rather... far out idea, but plausible to some degree.

Anyone else think Race of Ages is boring and ugly and anticlimactic? I was expecting some beautiful Sega Carnival/90's Boulevard thing and I got ugly Rainbow Road with holographic people that weren't good enough to make it into the sequel. Also jetskis and jets, I guess.

I really hope Vectorman, Ryo and Ristar reach 1000 votes, any other characters getting that many by 1 December seems unlikely at this point, which is a shame, but if any of these three characters got in as DLC I'd be very pleased.

Anyone else think Race of Ages is boring and ugly and anticlimactic? I was expecting some beautiful Sega Carnival/90's Boulevard thing and I got ugly Rainbow Road with holographic people that weren't good enough to make it into the sequel. Also jetskis and jets, I guess.

It's not as good as I had hoped it would be, it's really hard to see any of the cameos, so it does kinda feel like a waste imo, I like the colour orange though, so at least the road looks nice to me.

Hatsune Miku as a choice is... Interesting. You realise SEGA don't own that character? tongue.png

Well, that's kinda sad, anyway, KEEP VOTING FOR RYO AND VEC! I don't think Ristar will left his flagman job so soon, and he's ok there. Sumo will have to bother making another flagman if he become playable, so no. And keep voting for Sketch Turner too!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't had wanted Miku either, I don't get why these people/bots even bother themselves.

What I want is NEW characters, not revisited ones from the other game. If I wanted to play as those characters, I'd play the other game.

YES!!!!

I FUCKING CALLED IT

GOODBYE Miku you screeching cyber-harpy! Hope you like the taste of cutting room floor!

BRING ON VECTORMAN!!!

Yep, in the last hour Ryo's votes shot over 1000, wonderful news! He's very likely to be more heavily considered by Sumo now!

Makes me wonder if the other characters in the game are unlocked after certain dates as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

I also bet Sumo are a bit sad people found out :c it would have been a great little surprise on Christmas if no one had.

(do the people who discovered it feel the guilt trickling in)

Jk, it's a really cool idea either way! Thank u based Sumo.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cooool! And now this a very big OWNED for those who were bitching about Kidd's being DLC when all the data is in the game.

Edited by Seraphinprincess
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Billy has been made to work like the other racers though. Could be old incomplete files. Billy just doesn't strike me as DLC worthy. I'd have thought he'd be in the game already or not at all.

Why wouldn't Billy be DLC worthy? He has a nice stage and was a highly popular character on the last game.

Well, that's kinda sad, anyway, KEEP VOTING FOR RYO AND VEC! I don't think Ristar will left his flagman job so soon, and he's ok there. Sumo will have to bother making another flagman if he become playable, so no. And keep voting for Sketch Turner too!!!

There's not even a need for a flagman, all they have to do is release a patch that removes him from being a flagman when he's out as DLC.

That Alex Kidd christmas unlockable thing is freaking AMAZING. I misjudged Sumo. I sincerely hope that Football Manager and Shogan are the same. Also gives me more hope that there will be more DLC characters!

Billy Hatcher, Ryo, Ristar, Vectorman and I'd be happy. But I'd also love Neff from Altered Beast (as he's in Wreck-It-Ralph and a villain which this game only has 3 of if you include Ralph) and Axel Stone.