Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

I've tried setting my console to New Year's Day and that didn't unlock anything. Alex Kidd comes with all of his mods, with one of them being a 'Console Mod' with an MD Mega Drive logo on it. The announcer guy calls it the 'Genesis Mod'. I have no idea what it does, though.

I also bet Sumo are a bit sad people found out :c it would have been a great little surprise on Christmas if no one had.

(do the people who discovered it feel the guilt trickling in)

Jk, it's a really cool idea either way! Thank u based Sumo.

Well, we have given it a spoiler warning on the site out of respect. Whether other sites will though is up to them. I need to check the TSS e-mail account more often. Our tipster e-mailed us this info 2 days ago laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I've tried setting my console to New Year's Day and that didn't unlock anything.

Does that mean Kidd is gone again as soon as Boxing Day?

Well, we have given it a spoiler warning on the site out of respect. Whether other sites will though is up to them. I need to check the TSS e-mail account more often. Our tipster e-mailed us this info 2 days ago laugh.png

Yeah true!

And if it was 2 days ago I'm surprised nowhere else has leaked it til this point.

The announcer guy calls it the 'Genesis Mod'. I have no idea what it does, though.

Yeah, its the console mod for old era characters. Weird the speaker says genesis mod (even in Europe) but the logo is the JP Mega Drive one (it says the same whit Sonic's console mod and the others).

Does that mean Kidd is gone again as soon as Boxing Day?

Yeah true!

And if it was 2 days ago I'm surprised nowhere else has leaked it til this point.

No, I meant it didn't unlock anything else. Alex Kidd was still unlocked.

Yeah, its the console mod for old era characters. Weird the speaker says genesis mod (even in Europe) but the logo is the JP Mega Drive one (it says the same whit Sonic's console mod and the others).

What does the console mod do?

No, I meant it didn't unlock anything else. Alex Kidd was still unlocked.

What does the console mod do?

IIRC, It shifts your character's stats to as far to Max Speed and Boost/Low Accel and Handling as balance will allow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, that poll is just confusing as heck now. Principle question I have; why put a character on there to gauge interest if you're just going to turn around and say "whoops, sorry, your votes don't mean jack because the rights aren't actually there"? It's just...why put them there in the first place and mess about with it?

Okay, that poll is just confusing as heck now. Principle question I have; why put a character on there to gauge interest if you're just going to turn around and say "whoops, sorry, your votes don't mean jack because the rights aren't actually there"? It's just...why put them there in the first place and mess about with it?

For some reason they're now saying that Miku is still allowed. What the fuck.

She isn't a SEGA character FFS. There's no Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Bomberman or Crash Bandicoot in the poll, so why is she an exception?

Could someone post a picture of what the character select screen looks like when Alex Kidd is added? I want to see if it makes room for more characters.

I hope Football Manager and Shogun make it to consoles! I mean, they're SEGA IPs. Only thing holding them back would be SEGA itself wanting to keep a few SEGA characters exclusive to one platform. Hey SEGA, I'd pay $5 for two more racers as 360 DLC!

• Thumbs Up 3

Do you take the presents you give to people back off them? I'm not coming to your house for Christmas if so tongue.png

Haha, you'd better accept my invite XD

Can you like do anything about the DLC not being available in Asia?

hmm.. Kidd for Christmas...

It's like all my Christmases came at once!

I'm officially happy now.

"Genesis mod" though? You guys realise that Enchanted Castle was horrendous by comparison to Miracle World, right? o_o

Oh daamnn

you might be onto something there! That's genius.

Well, there is data on the disc called "Billy" so this might be the case ^_^

I must say as much as the World Tour is despised by me, as much as I find the racers roster just there, the track roster and their design is just like perfect.

The NiGHTS track is like NiGHTS 3. The Sky Sanctuary track? An absolute dream. The Skies of Arcadia track? Fabulous. The Ages track? Just so crazy.

I could go on forever but yeah, I'll stop. This is a great improvement from the previous game and is so obvious when you play those levels in this game.

Edited by Faseeh

I'm kinda happy that Alex Kidd is a Christmas unlockable, seeing as I won't be getting the game and possibly my Wii U until Christmas Day. So I guess I'll be getting that message right after turning the game on <3

Billy on easter would be a pretty cool idea. Going with that, I could see Shogun coming out on Chinese New Year, and Football Manager on either regular New Year or maybe around the time football/soccer season starts/ends.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beginning of the season= Football Manager unlock? Or maybe the game's initial launch date?

Edit: Ninja'd

Just throwing it out there, who knows? BTW, if you unlock Kidd and go back to your initial date it doesn't lock the character...right? I'm saying that because my 360 has a weird tendency to go back to it's initial launch date when I'm on my offline Crazee account. I have no clue why.

Edited by Crazizzle
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm really not sure if I want to do this now to have another character or leave it for a month so I have a nice little gift when the time comes. Tough decision.

EDIT: Wonder what happens for players who got the game after this year's Christmas? Perhaps every year on Christmas a player would have a chance to unlock it. If nothing else they can always Google. :P

Edited by Mykonos

That is so freakin' COOL! I'm getting the game for Christmas, so another bonus character right off the bat? Cheers on Sumo's part for including something that even we didn't expect. (On top of that, it also sort of counts as another classic Sega homage, given that Christmas NiGHTS' unlockables work in a similar way.)

S0L didn't put Miku on the list. That poll was created by fans and all the character choices in that poll were decided by fans, although for some reason they all conveniently "forgot" that Miku doesn't actually belong to Sega and was never up for offer to begin with.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

S0L didn't put Miku on the list. That poll was created by fans and all the character choices in that poll were decided by fans, although for some reason they all conveniently "forgot" that Miku doesn't actually belong to Sega and was never up for offer to begin with.

I believe that they were thinking that because Sega already made games for her in Japan, Miku has dawned some sega related material, as well as appeared in other Sega games, that she could still be considered a viable DLC option.