Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

On PS3 at least, it works by matching up the code that appears on the spine. So DLC is essentially region-locked. BLES code or something...

For example, I imported LittleBigPlanet 2 for the cheap and nasty bookends and had to download the extra bits from the US store. These will work with the disc but not with the PS+ download off the European store. Nor will the US disc version pick up on any of my UK DLC from the first game.

So if you bought it in Singapore then it should work on that region's store. Unless you made an American/Japanese/European account or something. Not sure how the PSN is down there (Does it share with other places?). The unfortunate thing with making this work is that you don't "own" the license on your account at all.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

I wonder if the Team Fortress characters will stay exclusive to the PC version? I'm not that bothered but I'd still pay for them as DLC for the 360. Kind of annoying that they're on the disc and you can't use them.

It'll be even worse if Shogun and Football Manager are PC exclusives; I don't really know or like the characters, but I want all I can get my hands for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah i kinda want to go online and use

alex kidd

just to see people's reactions but at the same time i don't want to ruin the surprise for people who decide to play it after xmas.

Edited by RobotFaker

Ah i kinda want to go online and use

alex kidd

just to see people's reactions but at the same time i don't want to ruin the surprise for people who decide to play it after xmas.

You can't use him online, when you sign in to your xbox it automatically sets to the right date and makes him unusable.

You can't use him online, when you sign in to your xbox it automatically sets to the right date and makes him unusable.

I'm on ps3, you can.

Not that you should do it though.

Edited by RobotFaker

Wow, i honestly never saw a so intelligent use of the date of the console since Batman Arkham City and Metal Gear Solid 3: neat move, Sumo.

ibgUrZhk6hR4Xb.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L, what's the status on Miku's eligibility? I'd like to hear from you on this. She doesn't belong to Sega so she has no real chance, right?

S0L, what's the status on Miku's eligibility? I'd like to hear from you on this. She doesn't belong to Sega so she has no real chance, right?

S0L made various comments on SEGA Forums saying he's not discounting anyone, and that it's a waste of time to tell other people who they shouldn't vote for.

Just to be clear I'm not ruling anyone out...

My point was that if you spent your time campaigning for a character you want instead of arguing about a character that you don't want - you've got more chance of increasing your characters vote...

It's also pretty pointless going 'I hate that character you like' as you're not going to change someones mind. It's even more pointless here where we haven't ruled anyone out.

As someone wise once told me 'Don't argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience'.

But then... What would I know smile.png

---

S0L

---

In a nutshell.. he's not saying people shouldn't vote for Miku, and he's probably not going to.

Edited by SuperLink

Oh well.

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, with her safely not in the game.

It's not going to end well if Ristar and Vectorman stay around the 600-700 mark as they are doing now :(.

It's not going to end well if Ristar and Vectorman stay around the 600-700 mark as they are doing now sad.png.

That is worrying, but I don't think they'll stay there. They're close to 1000 with over a week to go.

Pete in the TSS comments has confirmed that changing the date to unlock Alex Kidd works on Wii U, too. You just have to make sure to be offline when you start the system, otherwise the system auto-sets to the correct date.

http://www.sonicstad...#comment-142203

Catching up...!

Did you also post about that on the SEGA forums? The DLC codes are tied to the regional stores, so EU store for EU disks, US store for US disks and so on. We had a chap in Oz who uses a EU store account and he had to change to the Oz store for the code to work.

I'd try that, although the disk is region free, the codes aren't. I *think* once it's in the machine it'll work regardless, so it's just a case of checking that and you should be off.

Never made an account on the SEGA Forums.

I bought the Japan/Asia version and I'm pretty sure as it has asia.playstation.com on the back of the box ad has a lot of Japanese words on it.

I'm using Playstation Asia, and I'm pretty sure all of Asia has just one store (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll go check out the Japan store.

The DLC last time... I bought the Japan/Asia game and downloaded it from PSN Asia so yeah.

Now the hell do I navigate to the Redeem Codes thing in Japanese? XD

So I guess everyone who bought the Wii U version bought the worst version. Sucks, guys. I feel sorry for you.

If it can be properly patched it'll prolly be the best version, but the glitches definitely have hurt the game's initial performance.

Edited by SuperLink

Just unlocked the final character, it's pretty awesome.

Anyways, I'm guessing future unlocks such as Alex Kidd will be added through future patches, so the next time we get a patch for this game with a suspiciously large file, we'll know, right?

Just unlocked the final character, it's pretty awesome.

Anyways, I'm guessing future unlocks such as Alex Kidd will be added through future patches, so the next time we get a patch for this game with a suspiciously large file, we'll know, right?

Alex Kidd isn't a patch. He's already on the disc and automatically unlocked on Christmas Day, but you can unlock him now by changing your system's date offline. I think someone said the trick still works online on PS3, though.

Alex Kidd isn't a patch. He's already on the disc and automatically unlocked on Christmas Day, but you can unlock him now by changing your system's date offline. I think someone said the trick still works online on PS3, though.

Did it work before the patch?

I know Alex Kidd is already on the disc, but I'm talking about actually unlocking him, it just seemed like the patch made it possible to unlock him, since nobody found out about it until after the patch.

Excuse me if I've forggotten something amazingly obvious here... but take a look at this screenshot I found on another site.

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-21%20at%2015.30.39.png

Now... how is this possible?

That is clearly the tank mission in world tour, you can see both the tank and the heart power up and you can even see one of the missiles being shot at the tank.

But how is it that Sonic is in his flying/all star form? You don't get power up boxes on that mode, nor does that stage itself have any flying sections, not to mention that the tank missions are always driving on land.

So how is this possible? Every other photo from it looks like it was taken from someones camera against the TV as apposed to official screens.

Taken from this place.

http://www.holymoly.com/gaming/reviews/review-sonic-all-star-racing-transformed-much-much-better-youd-expect65145

• Thumbs Up 2

Did it work before the patch?

I know Alex Kidd is already on the disc, but I'm talking about actually unlocking him, it just seemed like the patch made it possible to unlock him, since nobody found out about it until after the patch.

I don't know. Our tipster e-mailed us the info 2 days ago, but obviously the patch has been there since launch day, so there's no way to find out unless someone here buys it new and doesn't download the patch. I wouldn't have thought the patch would have anything to do with the console's calendar unlocking a character already on the disc, though.

I can test this! I've not downloaded the patch yet!

Edit: Alex Kidd can be unlocked without the patch. Just tested it on the PS3 version, you do not need the patch to unlock him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Excuse me if I've forggotten something amazingly obvious here... but take a look at this screenshot I found on another site.

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-21%20at%2015.30.39.png

Now... how is this possible?

That is clearly the tank mission in world tour, you can see both the tank and the heart power up and you can even see one of the missiles being shot at the tank.

But how is it that Sonic is in his flying/all star form? You don't get power up boxes on that mode, nor does that stage itself have any flying sections, not to mention that the tank missions are always driving on land.

So how is this possible? Every other photo from it looks like it was taken from someones camera against the TV as apposed to official screens.

Taken from this place.

http://www.holymoly....oud-expect65145

~0:34

Beta content maybe? Video editing to make it more epic? 100% sure is from this trailer anyway.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know. Our tipster e-mailed us the info 2 days ago, but obviously the patch has been there since launch day, so there's no way to find out unless someone here buys it new and doesn't download the patch. I wouldn't have though the patch would have anything to do with the console's calendar unlocking a character already on the disc, though.

It was? I only recieved the patch yesterday(I think) which was 200+ MB which seemed like alot to me, sorry if I said anything crazy though.

I can test this! I've not downloaded the patch yet!

Please do, if it's not too much to ask, I'm really interested in knowing wether it's true or not.

Edited by Lentastic

I also bet Sumo are a bit sad people found out :c it would have been a great little surprise on Christmas if no one had.

To be fair, Sumo was being trash talked in the other thread for including "On Disc-DLC." I think it calmed a ton of people down.

• Thumbs Up 2