Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

Does anyone else find it a little unfair that the Avatar got so much cooler of a vehicle that the Miis? Not really complaining, just want some input

Does anyone else find it a little unfair that the Avatar got so much cooler of a vehicle that the Miis? Not really complaining, just want some input

Well... the Avatar car was based on the XBOX 360 S, which in and of itself is a pretty cool looking console. I've yet to see footage or photos of the Mii car, but given how boring the Wii U looks, perhaps Sumo didn't have much to go on for a design?

Yep it does seem a tad unfair, that Avatar car looks so sweet, heres a video (the only one Ive found)

It does look not TOO amazing, but the Mii has yellow shirt and the vehicle is yellow, I guess that means the cars color depends on your mii? I guess that can somehow make up for it but still...

EDIT: If the color thing is true (it seems like it, why would it be yellow anyways?) at least you can change your miis color to red, and pretend its the classic outrun car xP

Edited by dabbido

Well... the Avatar car was based on the XBOX 360 S, which in and of itself is a pretty cool looking console. I've yet to see footage or photos of the Mii car, but given how boring the Wii U looks, perhaps Sumo didn't have much to go on for a design?

Haha all of this gens console designs are boring, you Xbot :P

Haha all of this gens console designs are boring, you Xbot tongue.png

Haha! Hey now! I didn't say that I was in love the 360 design. In fact, it's a very funky looking console. But as such, it lends itself more to a better looking console inspired car than the Wii U would. In any case, seems the Mii car isn't based on the console anyway so the comparison is moot. In fact, the Mii car looks a little bit like the squashed Ferrari from the OutRun logo:

outrun_logo.jpgctVrK.png

Oh! And here is the 360 car, looks like the Batmobile. Now I gotta buy the Batman avatar costume...

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Haha! Hey now! I didn't say that I was in love the 360 design. In fact, it's a very funky looking console. But as such, it lends itself more to a better looking console inspired car than the Wii U would. In any case, seems the Mii car isn't based on the console anyway so the comparison is moot. In fact, the Mii car looks a little bit like the squashed Ferrari from the OutRun logo:

Rex openly said it was based on the Outrun logo car TBH. Let me find the exact quote...

• Thumbs Up 1

Rex openly said it was based on the Outrun logo car TBH. Let me find the exact quote...

Nailed it! That's a cool homage. Is the All-Star move based on the 3DS Find Mii game?

---

oh yeah, gotta hate on the Wii U a little. Er, uh, if they used the Wii U console for inspiration the Mii would have ended up driving this:

White_van_fs.jpg

heh heh... heh... heheh... heh

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dunno they could've gone in interesting directions with this a Nunchuck inspired-boat, wiimote car and a tablet hovercraft..

Edited by kalion

Yeah, I prefer the Mii car due to OutRun. Now if only there was a Mii version of the girl from OutRun next to me. Also yeah, the All Star is based off of Find Mii.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

Regarding the Christmas day unlockable...

On the PS3 version, you can race online as him....

Oh the reactions I'm getting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Regarding the Christmas day unlockable...

On the PS3 version, you can race online as him....

Oh the reactions I'm getting.

You are so evil. :V

I uh seem to have found a new love on OutRun Bay in general.

After the Limited Edition copies outrun (biggrin.png) out, would they consider releasing OutRun Bay and Metal Sonic as DLC or something? For people that missed out on the PS3 and Xbox editions of course. I know the Wii U version has both of them already in.

AAH YES THE DLC WORKED I LOVE IT. THIS TRACK AND METAL SONIC. I LOVE YOU SUMO.

Really, it's awesome. Just wished there was a terrorist attack and we could fly or something like that, lol, the track doesn't change much, something I loved about all the other tracks.

And wish the models of the people were a bit more polished.

I thought the OutRun track was refreshing, since it had the old style of the first game in that the track didn't transform, but it still had a vehicle transforming gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 3

Alright I just came first and beat everyone else by over 10 seconds and score loads of reverse hits with weapons! Lets see how many points I got!

....9?

And the guy in third place got... 50?

How exactly does the point system work?

lol now I came 2nd and scored 0...

How exactly does the point system work?

It's like a comparison thing, by how much you do better or worse. Like if you got 10th the last race and you got 5th, you'd get quite some points. Vice versa, the opposite applies. If you got 1st all the time, or last all the time, the change won't be that much.

Hope that made sense

There's something weird that happens to me in OutRun Bay. There's some water ski that keeps flying quickly hundreds of feet into the air, then immediately dropping down below the water, repeatedly. Straight up, straight down. Doesn't happen every time I play, but it is certainly amusing when it does.

Edited by Mykonos

Speaking of OutRun's Stage... Anyone find the Flag Man?

He should be somewhere to the left on the sidewalk,next to the finish line, dancing it off like there's some prize waiting for him.

Noticed him immediately when the race would start.

Edited by Godot

Wish the outrun track could be played in matchmaking sad.png

You can use it in Custom Game, but we had to omit it from Matchmaking as we can't guarentee everyone will have it!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

Avatar is my new favorite character....now to try wearing my Super Sonic costume.

Sumo, is there any reason the game includes no explanations for how to do various techniques and tricks? Usually games that omit the regular manuals include an ingame one. It's annoying to have to go online and ask people how to do things. I still don't get how to do rolling start.