Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

Avatar is my new favorite character....now to try wearing my Super Sonic costume.

Sumo, is there any reason the game includes no explanations for how to do various techniques and tricks? Usually games that omit the regular manuals include an ingame one. It's annoying to have to go online and ask people how to do things. I still don't get how to do rolling start.

You press on the accelerator as the screen fades in and before each number counts down.

You can use it in Custom Game, but we had to omit it from Matchmaking as we can't guarentee everyone will have it!

---

S0L

---

And yet you can pwn anyone with Metal Sonic asdf

Can you set it up so that it's selectable if everyone has the track, but anyone that doesn't have it can't join?

The Outrun/Metal Sonic "DLC" wasn't on disc DLC? I wonder if the Wii U version works since it IS on-disc.

And yet you can pwn anyone with Metal Sonic asdf

Can you set it up so that it's selectable if everyone has the track, but anyone that doesn't have it can't join?

No, because that would omit too many people from every being able to get into a game.

I think I just unlocked the last character (World Tour 360 version)

I thought it may have been Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph and the Sugar Rush track as a bonus but I was hoping the Hornet would make a return, I didnt think it was possible due to NASCAR licensing and what not.. then it struck me that Danica Patrick is in the game, so it's all good!

Icing on the cake! Thank you Sumo!

Props to BlueTidal.

I finally started the Expert Traffic Attack for Seaside Hill... Oh my.

Edited by Crazizzle

Aw, I'd love to play Outrun track online. Is there any way ya'll could make the game see if everyone in the lobby has the dlc? If it notices that everyone does, then maybe it can become available randomly for the room to vote on it like the other stages. Otherwise it wouldn't be avalable for the funs. Kinda like what Castlevania Harmony of Despair does with its online. Wishful thinking I know but at least custom matches can play it. |D

SOL... Idk if this actually concerns you, but I'll mention your name anyways....

So after 30+ hours of gameplay, Every character and Mod, every world tour star, every expert cup beaten, over 7 top 10 Time trials, almost all stickers and all but 3 achievements, my data gets corrupt! I now have 0 unlocked characters, 0 minutes of gameplay, and 0 of 30 hours of my life back. I'm so frustrated I could pull my hair out. The thing I don't understand is, I never shut the system before I get all the way back to the title screen, so HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? UGHHHHHH.

Edited by maltam123

Confirmation that

Shogun, Football Manager and Team Fortress

are PC exclusive.

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7707155

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7707381

Can't say I wasn't expecting this.

I really, really don't get S0L's argument about Mii's and Avatars. They aren't characters, they're quite simply the player. I can't ever see them as unique platform characters regardless of the amount of work that has to go into them. They suck.

As for the others, I can deal with one exclusive on certain platforms. Especially when they're third party. Seeing the others though is nothing short of an insult. Throw any reasoning you like- it's still giving a big set of players a shorter stick than a slect small group. SEGA probably makes more money off of Steam downloads than physical copies, so they want to encourage people to buy that instead of anything else. Works for them, sucks for the consumer.

Edited by Blue Blood

Was expecting only Team Fortress to be PC exclusive, because that was what they told me. I didn't even know about Football Manager or Shogun at time. But I could see it coming, all 3 games are PC only (well, except Football Manager, there's a PSP version of it). Perhaps they should make Football Manager a PS3 content too? Why? Because the PS3 version has less characters than any other version (not counting the 3DS), that's kinda dissapointing.

Edited by Jingle

Football Manager and Shogun not on consoles? Stupid, I say! They're SEGA franchises, they appear to have nearly all the data on the console versions for these characters (I read S0L's reply to this, but I don't see how they could be added with complete data via a download), they're two extra SEGA racers in a game that would benefit from a broader racer roster, charging for these two on consoles would make SEGA money and... what is standing in the way?

If SEGA released the console version, SEGA released the PC version, SEGA owns both franchises then why would SEGA hold themselves back from putting them on consoles? It appears, based on Steve's comments, that they were made for the PC version with money from the PC version's budget. But I wonder how this holds them back. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious why this would stand in the way. Did SEGA sign some deal with Steam, saying they'd get Football Manager and Total War racers? Aside from that, I can't see a reason not to release them to consoles in time.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh! And here is the 360 car, looks like the Batmobile. Now I gotta buy the Batman avatar costume...

Haha I'm in that video, I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. Look for A cool chicken (play as Amy). I got hit with everything on that race and finished 5th.

Football Manager and Shogun not on consoles? Stupid, I say! They're SEGA franchises, they appear to have nearly all the data on the console versions for these characters (I read S0L's reply to this, but I don't see how they could be added with complete data via a download), they're two extra SEGA racers in a game that would benefit from a broader racer roster, charging for these two on consoles would make SEGA money and... what is standing in the way?

If SEGA released the console version, SEGA released the PC version, SEGA owns both franchises then why would SEGA hold themselves back from putting them on consoles? It appears, based on Steve's comments, that they were made for the PC version with money from the PC version's budget. But I wonder how this holds them back. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious why this would stand in the way. Did SEGA sign some deal with Steam, saying they'd get Football Manager and Total War racers? Aside from that, I can't see a reason not to release them to consoles in time.

The PC version is coming out late. They want the PC version to sell. These racers exclusive to the PC version will make it sell. Maybe months later after the PC version has been released, the console version will get these racers.

SUMO must be the worst video game company ever. They're given a selection of the most beloved characters ever and fail on every level to deliver a compelling roster.

S0L's attitude about this whole deal is disgraceful. I hope he hangs his head in shame over his behaviour.

SUMO must be the worst video game company ever. They're given a selection of the most beloved characters ever and fail on every level to deliver a compelling roster.

Are you saying this specifcally because of the PC exclusives? Because that's not Sumo's decision at all- that's SEGA. Same for Ralph, Danica, Billy and maybe even more. The roster is general does leave a fair bit to be desired. There's nothing really out there like the Bonanza Bros from ASR1. But it's not that bad at all. Not by a long shot.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I should note that my bitching above was aimed at SEGA, not Steve or Sumo. ;) Don't want to be a Steve hater. Love Steve. Just a shame that a SEGA rep doesn't frequent the boards so we can know the 411 on some ASRT decisions that are out of Sumo's hands.

That's a silly move on SEGA's part, I understand them wanting the PC version to sell but that kind of DLC would sell well on any version, they're popular franchises! Sob.

That's a silly move on SEGA's part, I understand them wanting the PC version to sell but that kind of DLC would sell well on any version, they're popular franchises! Sob.

I wouldn't complain if they pulled a Metal Sonic on us, actually. Included in one version, DLC in the others. But in saying that, DLC isn't free for SEGA to sell on platforms like PSN and XBL.

I'm saying it because in addition to the roster being small, it lacks diversity severely. In fact the only new additions to the game SEGA wise are Vyse and Musashi and two other ones that barely anyone will ever play as.

In addition to the fact that they're totally screwing over console owners and insulting fans for criticizing them

Best bet is to, as soon as the PC version is announced with Shogun and FM, pester SEGA non-stop for them to add them as console version DLC. Get a petition going, make it clear that people want the characters and will pay cash money for them, and make it clear that fans get that a little PC exclusivity time makes sense, but 6 months down the line why not make even more $$$ on console gamers.

In fact the only new additions to the game SEGA wise are Vyse and Musashi

And NiGHTS, a highly requested char,

Oh, and Reala,

Oh, and Gilius from Golden Axe, one of the BEST Mega Drive games,

Oh, and Gum,

Oh, and MeeMee,

Oh, and Pudding

Oh, and the last unlockable char, which is 3 in 1, and probaly the best racer a racing game EVER had.

Jesus, grow up man. Everybody already understood the situation, and you're still knocking this door.

If we're not getting X characters, that's just too bad, but that's it. We shall see in the future why or why not.

S0L's attitude about this whole deal is disgraceful. I hope he hangs his head in shame over his behaviour.

That was REALLY unnecessary. S0L has set the DLC challenge and he's going to submit the results to SEGA, something he really wasn't required to do, he's doing that for us, fans, but your attitude is disgusting. If I was S0L, I would cancel that whole thing right now.

Edited by Jingle
  • Thumbs Up 5

^ But they are new to All-Stars Racing. Superstars Tennis and All-Stars Racing are two completely different games.

• Thumbs Up 9

They're new to the racing games, so they're new to the roster.

Hell, given that ALL the characters got new transforming vehicles I'd argue they're ALL new. Tails in ASRT is not Tails in ASR. In ASRT I actually play as Eggman a LOT, same can't be said about ASR.

Anyway, tennis is not racing, so I don't get why people don't see characters like Gilius or NiGHTS as new when they are new. I have never raced as NiGHTS, or any of the other Superstars Tennis characters, in an All-Stars game until ASRT. Thus, they're new. Heck, Gilius doesn't even resemble his Tennis version.

• Thumbs Up 1