Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

They aren't new to the SEGA Superstars/All-Stars series.

Yeah, they should stop putting Sonic in the games. Shit's getting old now :-/

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope he hangs his head in shame over his behaviour.

Hey didn't you cancel your pre-order and throw a bit of a tantrum because a non Sonic/Sega character was deconfirmed from the roster?

Do you sincerely think Sonic & all-stars racing Transformed is the best racing game of 2012?

Vote for it at IGN

I can't think of many other racing games that have come out this year which are better or more fun than ASRT. The only thing I can think of that might beat it on the popular vote is LBP Karting, but I found that one just a bit too boring. The creating everything is a nice idea, but I want racing games so I can jump right in and start to play.

• Thumbs Up 5

Lol I actually posted that in the spoiler thread? Sorry guys, if it can be removed please do. Reposting it in the main thread now

I was wondering when this would make its way over here.

Something we all need to remember is that these characters aren't being excluded from the console versions, but included in the PC version. They were budgeted as PC characters, they wouldn't exist without the extra money put into them, and they pretty much only hold relevance to the PC audience. And since the game is coming out so much later than the console editions, it'll help to be able to say that this one's got more stuff.

I know, exclusitivity bites, but we can't allow it to piss us off to the point where we say something incredibly stu-

SUMO must be the worst video game company ever. They're given a selection of the most beloved characters ever and fail on every level to deliver a compelling roster.

S0L's attitude about this whole deal is disgraceful. I hope he hangs his head in shame over his behaviour.

This is a really strong choice of words here. I can understand everyone's frustration, but whether you agree with it or not, S0L and many others have already given their reasons as to why these characters are being made for the PC version. Posts like this one comepletely lose me. You are making no effort to comprehend the full situation from anybody else's viewpoint, and you've turned Sumo and S0L into the target of your bitter, impotent rage.

In all likeliness, these characters only being on Steam isn't Sumo's choice. If S0L could just snap his fingers and put all the PC content and more in every edition of the game, I'm sure he would. I'm also sure that, in an ideal world, this game would have every character everybody asked for, and dispense free lolipops upon starting the system. But we know that there are agreements and restrictions going on that we aren't privy to as customers, just as we know that videogame consoles with built-in lolipop dispensers haven't been patented yet.

Getting pissed at S0L, or even Sumo in general over this, is jumping the gun. And the really shitty thing about it is that I don't think you'd be targetting them and making such awful, personal attacks if they weren't so open and involved with the community. That's just spitting in their face.

• Thumbs Up 2

I get that they were made for the PC version, and that they'll debut with the PC version, but my argument was that if SEGA has no plan whatsoever to eventually release the characters to consoles as DLC then THAT would be a stupid decision. Not that they are included in the PC release, but that they would be excluded from being eventual console DLC.

I'd think, if anything, including them in the console versions as DLC in, say, six months would bring a bit of attention back to the console versions and in turn could lead to more sales. Football Manager and Total War are now SEGA franchises, and what better way to bring them into the fold and introduce them to a wider audience then via console DLC? Who knows, maybe people will play as Shogun and Football Manager on their 360, get a kick out of them and in turn try out their respective games. I know that many SEGA fans have tried out games like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia simply because they played the All-Stars games.

---

Also, TheAnvil needs to be ignored. His comments are going too far now.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 7

SUMO must be the worst video game company ever. They're given a selection of the most beloved characters ever and fail on every level to deliver a compelling roster.

S0L's attitude about this whole deal is disgraceful. I hope he hangs his head in shame over his behaviour.

I'm sorry, but this is so pathetic it's hilarious. Let's ignore the phenomenal track design, the tight gameplay, unique mechanics and solid online and structure and just whine like a bitch about the characters, a single element that whilst adds a lot of charm and fan-service to the game, doesn't not define a racing game OR company as being bad.

I'm not one to blurt out like this but seriously dude, shut the fuck up until you actually can back up these accusations and actually critique what's important about the game. All you're doing is whining like some petulant child. Grow the fuck up and deal with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't really care for either of those franchises to be fair, but still sucks we don't get any exclusive characters outside of Mii or Avatar's, and suddenly PC gets 3 exclusives? (5 if you count TF as 3 separate characters) What did console gamers do to SEGA to warrant this business move? :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Regarding the exclusive PC stuff.

I completely disagree with it and I think it should be added to how poor the promotion and some of the decisions on Segas end have been about the game so far (see the promotions topic).

I can understand the mentality "Well they are PC exclusive series." But in reality it's downright stupid. You have a game here which is fun, thats showing off Sega's franchises and characters, which according to an unscientific topic I made on here, has influenced people to check out other Sega franchises... But you're not having the PC characters on consoles because... why?

It's crazy, the work has obviously already been done, yet limiting it to the PC? Ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hum... if the character(s) from the petition end up being made, Sumo should probaly release them with Football Manager and Shogun on consoles, like a pack.

About the exclusivity, I know this might sound like a stupid comparison, but Sonic Colors is Wii exclusive, and yet we have a track from this game on the consoles (360/PS3). How 'bout that? XD

Edited by Jingle

It also isn't like SEGA is promoting their games with the PC exclusives. They're just there. I might understand if there was a new PC title coming out and it came with a code for DLC, but here? Come on now.

Sumo also said that we got 4 more characters because they wanted to increase the roster. Please don't tell me these "4" characters are the likes of Mee Mee and Pudding.

Just to check... everyone is upset because of Shogun right? I mean... is Football Manager really that much of a beloved franchise/character?

Does... Football Manager even HAVE "characters"?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to check... everyone is upset because of Shogun right? I mean... is Football Manager really that much of a beloved franchise/character?

Does... Football Manager even HAVE "characters"?

I don't really care for either. It's the mere fact that the PC version has 2 to 3 extra characters depending on how you spin it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please, tell me more about how a small company is the worst thing ever simply because your silly little bear isn't in their game. Seriously. Stop acting like a spoiled brat. The character roster is interesting and manages to hit high points of Sega history, even if it is filled with Sonic characters. Let's be honest here though, what else did you expect with a game called "Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed"? Odds are it's going to be filled with Sonic characters. The best part though, is that there was a poll to pick three characters to maybe be DLC, and S0L was nice enough to pick the top seven rather than just the top three. Tell me how his attitude is a disgrace again, it's not like he's trying to make this one of the best games ever or anything.

Edited by JetGrind
  • Thumbs Up 4

Doesn't Matter if you care for these characters or not, they'd still make the overall roster much larger with variety from all over SEGA's gene pool, and it's still unfair that PC are getting all these obscure characters while we get nothing lol.

Ah, I figured that was the case. I understand and agree. I just find Football Manager an utterly bizarre choice. Like... who is gonna play as that. Really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, I figured that was the case. I understand and agree. I just find Football Manager an utterly bizarre choice. Like... who is gonna play as that. Really.

Fans of Football Manager.