Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

He looks really funny, plus the game sells really well.

Yeah, but I think the point people are getting at is that none of the hardcore Football Manager fans are gonna be going near this game- or even looking at it, just because you can play as some nameless manager of football.

The series has no characters. Granted, the Shogun isn't a character, but at least shoguns exist, in real life and the game, and have some appeal to players with any interest in Japanese art and history and stuff.

He is funny, though, in a really odd way, simply for being the last thing you'd ever expect to see in this game. SEGA mentioned a while back that they'd be promoting Sonic, Total War and Football Manager digitally, and I guess we know how.

I'd play as Football Manager! From the videos, he looks really quirky. Look at Fighters Megamix, it has tons of goofy additions that could be argued as being characters nobody would play as because they're odd or obscure... yet those are the ones people remember! The AM2 logo, Mr. Meat, Kumachan/Pandachan.

And like I've said, adding Shogun and FM to console versions would only give the franchises more show, and it would be a huge gesture from SEGA showing fans that they truly consider them to be a part of the SEGA franchise. And also already mentioned, it would drive fans on consoles to try the games out on their PC. Hell, I'd give Total War a try now that I've seen Shogun as a racer. But to teach SEGA a lesson, I won't do so until they release the PC characters to consoles. ;)

Funny thing is, the console credits thank the creators of the Football Manager and Total War. lol

Well, recently there have been FM games for PSP every year, so by consistence, the Football Manager character should be exclusive even for the PSVita version.

Let's hope that SEGA will listen at least one of the 7 characters that reached 1.000 votes.

Well, recently there have been FM games for PSP every year, so by consistence, the Football Manager character should be exclusive even for the PSVita version.

Let's hope that SEGA will listen at least one of the 7 characters that reached 1.000 votes.

...and what about PC? They too have FM. In fact, PC has 2013, while PSP doesn't.

Skies of Arcadia has only ever been on Dreamcast and Gamecube. By the "they're PC games" logic, Vyse should have been a Wii U exclusive. Same with the Panzer Dragoon track on the 360.

Funny thing is, the console credits thank the creators of the Football Manager and Total War. lol

They also thank Valve, the creators of Team Fortress.

Skies of Arcadia has only ever been on Dreamcast and Gamecube. By the "they're PC games" logic, Vyse should have been a Wii U exclusive. Same with the Panzer Dragoon track on the 360.

For what it's worth, Skies is probably getting an HD re-release, and if it does it's probably coming to Steam like all of SEGA's other classic ports. And when people say "they're PC games" they mean that the games are, for the most part, only relevant to PC gamers, where as most PC gamers at least own consoles too. Not a lot of people around here even play Total War or Football Manager, and this board's got a ton of hardcore SEGA nuts, myself included. The complaint most people are giving isn't that they really care about the characters or franchise, but that another version of the game is getting extra stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I also think that SEGA characters should be on all systems, but I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

They also thank Valve, the creators of Team Fortress.

For what it's worth, Skies is probably getting an HD re-release, and if it does it's probably coming to Steam like all of SEGA's other classic ports. And when people say "they're PC games" they mean that the games are, for the most part, only relevant to PC gamers, where as most PC gamers at least own consoles too. Not a lot of people around here even play Total War or Football Manager, and this board's got a ton of hardcore SEGA nuts, myself included. The complaint most people are giving isn't that they really care about the characters or franchise, but that another version of the game is getting extra stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I also think that SEGA characters should be on all systems, but I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

I see where you're getting at, but the roster is the worst part about game. Not only the fact that the PC is getting three big exclusives, but two of them are owned by Sega and I believe FM has had a title on consoles. PS3 and vita gets stuck with the short end of the stick while PC gets to be the best version (best roster, frame rate, graphics, etc.). I understand that we get it ahead of them, but FM and Shogun deserve to be across all of the platforms. This isn't Sumo's fault, it's Sega's who only gave them the budget to include them specifically in the PC version.

I see where you're getting at, but the roster is the worst part about game. Not only the fact that the PC is getting three big exclusives, but two of them are owned by Sega and I believe FM has had a title on consoles. PS3 and vita gets stuck with the short end of the stick while PC gets to be the best version (best roster, frame rate, graphics, etc.). I understand that we get it ahead of them, but FM and Shogun deserve to be across all of the platforms. This isn't Sumo's fault, it's Sega's who only gave them the budget to include them specifically in the PC version.

Oh, I'm not disputing that (although I'd hadly call them "big" exclusives, besides TF). I'm just saying that I understand the reasoning of giving that version extra stuff, flawed and unfair as it may be. I also find the "Vyse being exclusive to Wii U" example to be a bit of an extreme comparison.

I think planned exclusive characters are ten times worse than on disc DLC, so I just hate them in all circumstances.Not when games are ported with new features, but when it's planned prior to the game's release. I still am angry about Tekken vs Street Fighter's exclusives.

I get console specific characters for first party guests....but otherwise I find it extremely annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, I'm not disputing that (although I'd hadly call them "big" exclusives, besides TF). I'm just saying that I understand the reasoning of giving that version extra stuff, flawed and unfair as it may be. I also find the "Vyse being exclusive to Wii U" example to be a bit of an extreme comparison.

They are big exclusives when both of the franchises are recognized by Sega to be of the few to still be on disc games.

So yeah both total war and football manager are big parts of Sega's history and have the right be on every available platform as the other franchises.

Besides a lot of people have more than one platform, I for example play total war games on pc but I have the xbox version of this game. I just don't like to be obligated to buy another version of the same game to play as characters that also belong to Sega.

I understand TF case, but that's not same.

Edited by redhellc

...and what about PC? They too have FM. In fact, PC has 2013, while PSP doesn't.

What part of the "even for" words did you not understood? It means that i imply the presence of FM on PC, you know.

They are big exclusives when both of the franchises are recognized by Sega to be of the few to still be on disc games.

So yeah both total war and football manager are big parts of Sega's history and have the right be on every available platform as the other franchises.

Besides a lot of people have more than one platform, I for example play total war games on pc but I have the xbox version of this game. I just don't like to be obligated to buy another version of the same game to play as characters that also belong to Sega.

I understand TF case, but that's not same.

I'd say they're not big in the sense that pretty much nobody was asking for them. That's what really makes them different from Vyse or other SEGA characters.

Otherwise, I don't disagree with you or anything. I'm not advocating this practice, I'm simply saying I get it. Should the Shogun and Football Manager be on the other consoles? Ideally, yes, but that doesn't mean their exclusitivity was done without reason or anything. I get that you don't want to spend money on another version of the game just to play as these characters, but that's part of the point. The PC version of the game is coming out so much later that there pretty much HAS to be added incentive to purchase it, because as fresh and fun as this game is now, the hype surrounding it is going to die down in a few months, and the PC version's going to really want/need some sales from people who've already played the game in order to be worth the trouble.

Short answer: Bullshit? Yes, for fans. Was it done because SEGA are big meanies and don't love console players and didn't give them a complete game? Absolutely not.

Edited by Solly