Awoo.

Game Tips Thread

The Blue Dude

I just got the game a few hours ago and although it's easy to pick up and play, I'd have to say there is a pretty big learning curve to it especially when compared to the first game.

So I say we get a good tips and tricks thread going to help poor souls such as myself out!

I apologize if I'm going out of line in anyway or misusing the forum in anyway, I'm really tired and can't make much sense of things at the moment. If any mods or admins like they can move or edit the thread to make it conform better.I had to drive all over town after work to find a place that had it in stock early. Thank you Toys R Us of Redlands California. You saved me from driving 40 miles out of my way.

Back on topic though.

I'd like to ask if anyone's mastered the boosting section before the start of a race. I had it once or twice but can't figure it out for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated guys.

The system changed a good bit as to how you do it. I was disgusted with the game until I started getting mods.

I suggest who ever is having trouble with learning the controls use someone with very high handling. The Mods for this are great too.

To be honest, I still have no clue how to pre-race boost. And I'm halfway through the game.

To get the best boost start (and I think this is the same for everyone, I've only played as Amy) you need to press the gas button about everytime the screen goes black. Do it perfectly for all of them and you will get the best boost. Another thing that is important is to do tricks! Whenever you can, you should do a trick! Otherwise you'll be left in the dust. Hope this helps ^.^ See ya on the race track!

Boost feels different, thats for sure.

It takes longer to level up boost, and boost lvl.1 seems less porwerful. Thing is its easier to keep the boost powerup when you do oposite turns, so its a matter of keep charging the boost.

I remember in the first one I keep spamming lvl 1 boost and it was enough to win all races offline (and a lot of races online). This is going to be different here.

The game feels a bit harder than the previous title, for me at least. That's a good thing though, as it'll hopefully improve my driving (game) skills (as a motorist I feel a bit(!) more competent). Thank you for the tip on boosting at the start of races! I'm currently finding Knuckles the easiest to play with, though I'd rather use Sonic. wink.png

I'm fairly certain at this point that to get a boost start you need to start holding the acceleration sometime between the three and the two on the countdown, the exact timing depending on the character.

Edited by lbyrd2

How to win the game:

• Select the Seaside Hill track Ocean view

• Race until you reach the boating section

• Slow down and look for Big the Cat

• Find Big and stare at him

• Lose the race, but win at life

Spoiler alert! I found Big in Seaside Hill, you can hear him talking about Froggy! Lol http://t.co/Tb9QrZDE

— Barry the Nomad (@SEGANomad)

November 16, 2012
  • Thumbs Up 7

Any advice on Shibuya Downtown Traffic event in hard mode? I tried with Tails since he's got the best handling...but I always ran out of time when I just have one door left.

Any advice on Shibuya Downtown Traffic event in hard mode? I tried with Tails since he's got the best handling...but I always ran out of time when I just have one door left.

I remember S0L mentioning somewhere that Knuckles is the best to use for the traffic attack missions. Knuckles' vehicle is slim, and his turns are just right for the job.

Aparently theres a few problems unlocking Team Sonic on local co-op. Not quite sure what they are specifically since the fellow wasn't clear.

But it won't unlock in a custom race, however it will unlock in a GP race and will unlock online.

Also it's more than possible to beat the Ai by doing this trophy yourself without 3 other people... you just need those controllers.

Also it's more than possible to beat the Ai by doing this trophy yourself without 3 other people... you just need those controllers.

It is? o.O

How??

• Thumbs Up 1

Rogue's Landing keeps screwing with me. Aside from that, I'm doing alright so far in getting 3 stars.

Anyone have a full list of how everyone (aside from World Tour mode) gets unlocked? Is everyone World Tour except Eggman and Avatar?

Any idea how the Mirror Stages work?

They're basically reversed tracks, the game does a mirror flip because even text reads backwards.

Good tip i find use amy with best turning for the traffic and tank ones. And sonic with max turning for the ring and boost challenges. (especially for the hard mode on the golden axe boost challenge...holy shit that was painful) .Works wonders when you can properly pull off every turn.

Tip 2: when you do the races on hard mode. Save your all star for near the end of the last lap. Usually the people in front are in a big group and this will save you from the shit storm like wasps.

Also, anyone else find that the ai only aim for you with their weapons. Even when youre 8th the player in front will throw their items backwards all the time... So fustrating...

It was a easy learn for me to become a pro at this game, i use my sega allstars skills in this game, anyone realized that the A.I are pretty easy to beat when flying, like i'm behind and its so easy to keep up with them in flying mode, even in expert.

Make sure you can do as many tricks as you can, go through any boost as you can.

For tight turns, you sometimes got to let go of the driving button but hold on to the drift button, I see a lot of people online crashing into the wall in tight turns.

pull of a mario kart tactic and keep your glove when you are in first, when you see there is no chance of getting away from an attack or a hazard use it.

when drones is coming at you and you try to block it with a power up, don't shoot to early, I seen it before but the drone will dodge it and hit you. Hit when its right behind you.

Use a character and a mod that suits you. A lot of people are better off with speed with poor handling skills and people are better with good handling with a bit of speed. For me I'm better of with having average handling skills with great speed and great Boost, acceleration mod is not important to me. I think it's best to have great Boost, speed can ruin you in some tracks (Graveyard Gig, Chilly castle)

Also avoid bumping someone from behind, you will give them a good bump away from you and give them speed and leaving you behind.

For tank events, you can take your time to beat them, since there is no time limit or laps. If you're finding yourself low on health or ammo, you can slow down a bit to collect them. It's what I usually do, especially with health. And careful dodge most projectiles at the same time.

lol, I noticed alot of players having trouble on very sharp turns in levels like Burning Depths, Graveyard Gig, and of course, that nasty S curve at Chilly Castle

Here's a tip folks, let go of the acceleration while drifting to make those sharp turns to avoid hitting the wall and loosing your drift boost.

I have tried all characters that have:

Speed 2~4

Accel 3~5

Handle 4~5

And I can't do the expert of any traffic races. Only Ocean Outrun is impossible for me to do, I finished the others.

More so, Ocean Outrun Hard is simply dead on impossible to do because even tho I take all the time bonus on the 3rd lap the 12th, 13th & 15th checkpoints are ridiculously too far from each other.

I always did those missions starting with the glove in case I mess up somewhere near the beggining and when I feel safe, I never use it until I'm dead on sure that i'm gonna crash.

But I wonder if it's better to get the crash migitation to get slowed down less IF I bump into a car...

Like people said, take Knuckles and learn 3 things only:

Green time cars

Blue cars

Where to boost between the cars

Once you got that memorized you'll be fine, it took me 4 days but I've completed them all.

---

Also, yes for the start boost, press the acceleration button at the moment the screen goes black.

---

For the sharp turns, you can either release the acceleration button then press back to regain your speed or take any character with at least 4 handling.

---

With some skills, you can push the other racers to the wall and they will slow down even more then using any weapon, mostly during a drift.

---

It took me a couple of tries but when a drone is tracking you down, try to get a drift boost at the last second when you see the drone icon bright red & flashing, you'll perform a boost escape.

---

No matter what... NEVER STAY BEHIND A RACER for multiple reasons:

He might use a weapon on you.

A drone might be chasing him but hit you since you were in its way.

Someone else is targeting that racer to shoot ice balls/fireworks/fishies.

If you shoot that racer you'll just help him/her regain its speed by pushing him.

He/she will take the item box that you needed to win a race...

Etc, etc, etc....

---

On Hard & Expert difficulty, I have tried them all 3 and doing a lvl 2 & 3 boost is so useless it's funny because they will match your speed or go even faster. Also you'll just be waisting time and safety of not scratching the wall and loose your speed. It's best to just go on lvl 1 drift boost as much as you can and at any given moment.

---

Personally, I find meme on standard or Samba on standard to be the best for any ring challenges as I can boost while turning with ease.

Besides what have been mentioned... please... seaside traffic challenge is simply impossible to do... in my case at least...

Edited by Unholy Sønic

For that S curve at the end of Chilly Castle, upon coming off the ramp do NOT transform boost unless you're insanely good. You'll have a lot more room to ease into the turn. In addition, slow down a little if you're not using a character/mod with at least 3 or 4 Handling. I use Knuckles Standard mod for this level typically but only because I like either a balance of stats or heavily speed based characters.

No matter what... NEVER STAY BEHIND A RACER for multiple reasons:

He might use a weapon on you.

A drone might be chasing him but hit you since you were in its way.

Someone else is targeting that racer to shoot ice balls/fireworks/fishies.

If you shoot that racer you'll just help him/her regain its speed by pushing him.

He/she will take the item box that you needed to win a race...

Etc, etc, etc....

One more addition to this list. There is no tailgating mechanic like in Mario Kart DS/Wii/7, so you don't get an increase in speed by keeping directly behind a foe so there's absolutely no reason to be there.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m