Awoo.

SSMB Pokemon Tournament 2009

Urtheart

The competition is over!

1st Place: Frobman

2nd Place: Pikachu

3rd Place: Flygon

4th Place: Luxray

So you think you are the very best? Well now is the time to prove it. Time to see who the Pokemon masters of the SSMB are.

So let’s get stuck straight in, the games are played as single elimination rounds of 6vs6, lv100 battles using any Pokemon in the Overused category or lower (so no Ubers). We’ll be working on a bracket system, so the winner of each round will go onto the next, however if you don’t make the cut, we might be including some side tournaments for those whom feel like it.

So what do you need to do?

Simply give us your Pokemon friend code as well as your consent for participation, simple as that really.

List of tiers is http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

First rounds start Wednesday 3rd June 5pm (BST UK time)

Member participation & codes (in alphabetical order):

Flygon: 1376 3239 6030

Frobman: 3952 4367 8175

Luxrary: 5070 1213 1153

Pikachu: 1633 0840 7625

Full rules:

1) Battles are to be 6 pokemon lv 100 battles over the WiFi battle option on any version of Pokemon with WiFi ability (Diamond, Pearl & Platinum)

2) All pokemon must be in the Overused tier or lower (no Uber pokemon)

3) All pokemon used must be legitly caught and trained pokemon (no hacked stats etc)

4) In the event of a draw, players should have a full rematch

5) If there is a dispute over results please PM Urtheart (Leafeon), ideally both players should post the result of their match in this topic to confirm the results

6) In the event of disconnection, ideally players should have a full rematch however if both players agree to a result (due to one player being significantly ahead at the time of disconnection) that result can be used

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frobman

• Urtheart

• Daisoku

• Gold

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant, i've been waiting for this. :D

My code and name are in my siggie, please us the second code, my DS isn't accepting my game at the moment, so i'm using my sis's.

Actually, to avoid any confusion, i'm just gonna remove my DS's code from my siggie. :D

Awwww no, Mew and Rayquaza are classed as Ubers? Now that's not fair... :(

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to get another pokemon.

Hmmmm..................

I got it. -starts training-

Mine is in my signature. Totally joining, though I doubt I'll get far. >3>

5pm tomorrow, huh? Would mean I'd have to play after Star Trek DS9 and prepare dinner stuff much earlier.

I'm game!

I'll go with my Diamon teamm so my code's 3952-4367-8175

Mind you, I might end up doing stuff at the same time, so in case I'm late for a match, it should be known that I might be called to do something quick (and also, I'd have to go all the way downstairs to connect, due to stuff done to our router recently, too)

Well looks like that's it then, too keep it even I'm not entering.

So the first round is (drawn at random cutesy of Microsoft Excel!)

Frobman Vs Flygon

&

Luxray vs Pikachu

Friend codes are now in the first post, simply report back here when you've managed to battle.

I suppose a second round will occur straight away rather than later, right?

You don't have to start your round at 5 on the dot, some people might not be available, that was just the deadline for entering, you'll have to sort it out between you when your matches are.

And yes once you know the winner of the rounds and there are no disagreements you may go on to the finals without me saying go, in case I am not around, (also can those who lose each round have their match for 3rd and 4th).

Ah! How the hell did I not see this?! >_> Guess I'll enter one of the side tournaments if there are any.

Good luck to all who are in the tourney. Any of you have Platinum and plan on sharing the battles with the VS Seeker?

Edited by gunthetra

Well, so far, I think my opponent's not around. Now I dunno whether to keep on waiting or get it on with, or else it might be like some sort of free time grand prix or whatever.

Ah! How the hell did I not see this?! >_> Guess I'll enter one of the side tournaments if there are any.

Good luck to all who are in the tourney. Any of you have Platinum and plan on sharing the battles with the VS Seeker?

If there is enough interest we'll do it again soon, sadly I got pants all notice to actually get this up and running.

fff. I woke up late. -bashes head against keyboard- If I held anyone up, I am terribly sorry. D:

fff. I woke up late. -bashes head against keyboard- If I held anyone up, I am terribly sorry. D:

No problem. Reconnecting again now.

My FC is in my sig/trainer card. And yes, my Shiny is legit.

Yes but I'm afraid you're too late, the rules stated by 5pm, try again next time, if there is enough interest we'll bring it back asap.

I'm ready! I'm waiting for my opponent.

Edit: The match is over. I won with 2 pokemon left.

Edited by Pikachu

One match over already? Mine's yet to start, whenever that'll be.

Heh, got owned by Salamence and Charizard. xD

Good match, either ways! Thought you were gonna take some of my Pokes down easily.

EDIT: Oh, and way to tell them two of my Pokemon~!

Now time for the next match, thus being the finals. Ready when you are!

Edited by Frobman

Good match, either ways! Thought you were gonna take some of my Pokes down easily.

EDIT: Oh, and way to tell them two of my Pokemon~!

Aw, thanks. xD That Flare Blitz was just unbeatable.

And I think that's how it goes, Luxray. I myself have never been in a tournament besides Brawl, and they lay that out for you. >3>

Fair enough final matches are:

Frobman Vs Pikachu for the title!

Luxray vs Flygon for Bronze.