Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Did you play a Battle Race by any chance? I noticed that happened a lot to me in there too. I think it probably ranks people not just on winning the race but also knocking off other players' health.

Nope. This was a normal/standard race.

Otherwise, I'd suggest waiting around for the second place person to be kind of close to you and then cross the finish if you're smoking the competition.

Seems risking. Guess it'll do till it gets fix.

And so today, I've decided to permanently shelve Transformed. What a horrible glitch of a game. Starting off by having to buy a second copy because the first one wouldn't work, to unplayable missions, horrible online, and even causing my Wii U to freeze up completely.

I'm done with it.

You probably should have just waited for the patches.

Also, did you unplug the AC adapter from the Wii U when it froze? Supposedly fixes the freezing

well i'm back here again unfortunately. Was playing online again, Chilly Castle as NiGHTS and on the last lap I got an All Star but when it wore off I transformed into a boat ON THE ROAD! I was stranded and got a DNF -100 points.....

• Thumbs Up 1

well i'm back here again unfortunately. Was playing online again, Chilly Castle as NiGHTS and on the last lap I got an All Star but when it wore off I transformed into a boat ON THE ROAD! I was stranded and got a DNF -100 points.....

If this is true, it's hilarious.

So I may have hit a wall somewhere.

I was doing the boost challenge on the Super Monkey Ball track in the second world of World tour. I knew I had to skip it, but... The game isn't letting me. Even after I switch to two or three different characters the game wouldn't let me. Is this a bug within a bug? Or am I doing it wrong?

Do it on C-Rank. You don't switch characters or quit, just fail 3-4 times.

That's the thing... I tried that. C-Rank. One character, and it never let me fail the challenge. I did this for hours and nothing happend.

..FOR HOURS? LOL

That probably should have been the indication to shut off the system and try it again.

I had the same problem last night - 5 consecutive fails on Easy with MeeMee and then (since it wouldn't let me skip) five consecutive fails on Easy with Ulala. Then I gave up and turned it off for the night, but I could neither skip on the replay/quit screen or advance on the map screen. This morning I'm still unable to advance.

Is online getting worse?

I'm was noticing this while playing online last night. The bugs were way worse with vehicles not transforming, crashing into vehicles or walls sending you off the level (and when I mean off the level I don't mean off the track, I mean literally off the level), winning first place and turning out you got 4th for some reason etc etc

With some of the bugs offline, I started wondering. Did anyone from the forum that went to Sumo to test the game encountered some of these bugs while there? Don't get me wrong, I still stand by my opinion that this is a marvelous game. And even though I know some bugs are going to get by, some of these bugs keep occurring so much I wondered how they missed it.

Edited by Jaime Bond

With some of the bugs offline, I started wondering. Did anyone from the forum that went to Sumo to test the game encountered some of this bugs while there?

Without giving S0L a heart attack and risking my NDA.

I can't really talk about what we did... well not without runing it past S0L first, but what people think we did isn't exactly right.

All the clues as to what we did are in there, however saying that, any conclusion you may have is likely not accurate unless you were there to experience it. As someone who actually applied to it and got on there, even my expectations as to what I'd be doing were not accurate... well... they were but at the same time it wasn't.

I don't think they had enough time to master this game like the original.

At least things are getting fixed with patches.

Without giving S0L a heart attack and risking my NDA.

I can't really talk about what we did... well not without runing it past S0L first, but what people think we did isn't exactly right.

All the clues as to what we did are in there, however saying that, any conclusion you may have is likely not accurate unless you were there to experience it. As someone who actually applied to it and got on there, even my expectations as to what I'd be doing were not accurate... well... they were but at the same time it wasn't.

Ah yes, I did think because of the NDA you guys might not be able to answer. It does give me an idea but like you said I'm probably wrong.

Oh well, here's hoping the bugs will be fixed in the near future.

A glitch I ran into a little while ago. XP

I don't mind graphical glitches in the game. It's the online related problems I can't stand too much.

• Thumbs Up 2

A glitch I ran into a little while ago. XP

I don't mind graphical glitches in the game. It's the online related problems I can't stand too much.

That has actually happened to me too. Once I got stuck like that too, I couldn't go back to the lobby or the main game.

^ Whoa, it's even flying and picking up items and everything! Lol, I wouldn't mind that kinda glitch.

I ran into a bug today that wouldn't let me out of voting. I could change my vote up until the timer went down, but after that all I could do was press each choice and have a fun sound. After the lobby timer went to 0 to begin the race, I still remained in the voting room. It was such a fun Lucky Dip room too! I was forced to quit to the main menu to get out. :{

Quick update on the Wii U Update for the US version, this should finally be live in the next few hours. You can check if you've got it by going to the options screen where it will show v1.1.1 in the bottom left corner.

Apologies again that it's taken so long to run through the machine, but hopefully you'll notice a few tweaks and improvements too!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

Quick update on the Wii U Update for the US version, this should finally be live in the next few hours. You can check if you've got it by going to the options screen where it will show v1.1.1 in the bottom left corner.

Apologies again that it's taken so long to run through the machine, but hopefully you'll notice a few tweaks and improvements too!

---

S0L

---

What are the tweaks/improvements? O.O

Edit: Yeah, I heard about some Traffic Attack difficulty changes and stuff. But any "game" fixing bugs/improvements?

Edited by Autosaver

I've not had time to go through the whole topic, so chances are someone might have posted this one before. But just started playing the game again to see if I could get the rest of the stickers/mods and got a glitch I'd never seen before, which I've dubbed Lemming Mode:

Happened near the end of Lap 2 of Rogue's Landing where there should normally be a transform gate so you can continue via air, but for some reason the gate had mysteriously vanished this time and so the AI racers just kept hurtling themselves off a cliff over and over because there was no way to continue.

Edited by Lucky
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey Sumo, could you check this out for us?

Several people have been saying (including myself) that the Pro Controller's rumble isn't working. The GamePad is perfect but I swear the Pro HAS rumble so I'm not sure why it isn't kicking in.

Edit: Apparently the patch didn't come out yet...

AND IT IS 10:15 PM

Edited by Autosaver