Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

I'm not sure if this is a bug, olr some unexplained gameplay feature that isn't explained at ALL...like most stuff in this game...

Sometimes, when I play World Tour missions like Battle or Versus, the game will suddenly declare mission failed even though my time did not run out and I'm right behind the other racer(s). They didn't cross the finish line, I didn't lose a life...I just fail. For no reason.

360 version, btw.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, olr some unexplained gameplay feature that isn't explained at ALL...like most stuff in this game...

Sometimes, when I play World Tour missions like Battle or Versus, the game will suddenly declare mission failed even though my time did not run out and I'm right behind the other racer(s). They didn't cross the finish line, I didn't lose a life...I just fail. For no reason.

360 version, btw.

I've only ever been knocked out of Battle Races from losing all my lives, but considering it's a race I wouldn't be surprised if you failed if you were lagging behind. With Versus, you have a little gauge in the the lower left of the screen. The further ahead you are the closer you move to the green section of the gauge. It will start flashing if you maintain your lead and then the opponent will be knocked out. Vice verse for the red section of the gauge.

Just posting here to confirm that the hot rod bug (using the Hot Rod Item results in the burst activating immediately while using the advanced control scheme for the Wii U Gamepad) still exists in version 1.1.1.

I am glad to finally be able to complete the boost challenges though.

I want to relate a little bug:

I only unlocked Amigo and AGES voluntarily. Dr. Robotnik (or Eggman as American people says) and Avatar are unlocked when i played the cups but...

When i consult my stats on my driving license my "favorite" character who the game says is Ulala... That's is wrong because i rare play with ulula, in fact, i usually play with Avatar, Tails, Dr. Robotnik and Metal Sonic. This bug i think it made because i unlocked AGES, and the Avatar position will be the ulala position when i unlocked all characters... i think but i don't sure however, i'm absolutely sure that i don't usually play with Ulala so, she can't be my favorite character.

Do you know what try to say?

Thank you.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

WHY

Anyways I've not been able to join some networks then and now online, so yeah, that's a bug.

Also, Golden Axe Ring Race glitched out for me a little, tried to barrel roll, hit the thing, something was coming my way again, clearly barrel rolled, didn't work. Ehhh...

I want to relate a little bug:

I only unlocked Amigo and AGES voluntarily. Dr. Robotnik (or Eggman as American people says) and Avatar are unlocked when i played the cups but...

When i consult my stats on my driving license my "favorite" character who the game says is Ulala... That's is wrong because i rare play with ulula, in fact, i usually play with Avatar, Tails, Dr. Robotnik and Metal Sonic. This bug i think it made because i unlocked AGES, and the Avatar position will be the ulala position when i unlocked all characters... i think but i don't sure however, i'm absolutely sure that i don't usually play with Ulala so, she can't be my favorite character.

Do you know what try to say?

Thank you.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Yeah, that happened to me as well. It says my favorite is Ralph when I rarely ever play with him, almost never actually. I sent a ticket to Sega about it and they said they would relay it to the developers. We'll see if they meant that.

I do hope that other glitches get fixed first since there are a lot which are really ruining the game for some people, but hopefully this one will be addressed at some point as well.

From EGM's review of the game.

Last, but definitely not least, on my list of gripes is that between races during the loading screen, your Xbox will sometimes get black screened. At first, I thought this was just due to using an older Xbox, but I have also played on my limited edition Gears of War 3 console and had the same behavior occur. It only seems to happen between races and when it does the only fix is to turn off the Xbox, using the power button on the front, and then turn it back on. This is by far the worst of the issues and one that needs to be addressed quickly. Sega has made a fantastic kart racing title in my opinion, but players will not stick to a game that crashes their Xbox on a regular basis. I can say that this has happened to me 5 out of the last 7 days. Though it only happens about once a day, that is still way to much and something that should have been caught before the game was shipped.

Can anyone confirm if this is an issue with the game itself or the actual console's fault? Because I'm starting to get more console freezes as the days go on. Just tried playing this game today. The console froze while loading the voting screen. Turned the console off, turned it on, went into Lucky Dip. Console froze again in between finishing the race and waiting for the voting to start again. That was a really fun Lucky Dip room too! ;-;

Not even my other games make my console freeze, like at all. It's only with this one and it's really annoying.

Edited by Coral

The Vita & PS3 versions never froze while I was playing online/locally. I even left my PS3 on for days. So it depends on how Sumo had ported to other consoles.

Yes. As much as I loved the DLC petition movement and the fact that Sumo is going to pitch the top choices to Sega, I would love them more if they worked out these bugs. This game is amazing. Probably the best kart racer I've played in a long time and gives me DKR nostalgia to boot. It's also a horrible glitchfest online and occassionally locks up your Xbox. Seriously. There is no excuse for how many bugs this game has unless they didn't bother to properly test it. That's the frustration talking there, for the record.

• Thumbs Up 2

X360 here, had a lot of black screen freezes after onlines matches like you. Some on offline too.

No probs with other games atm

Happen to me an awful lot yesterday.

However once I raced in GP first before going online and the freezing stopped

X360 here, had a lot of black screen freezes after onlines matches like you. Some on offline too.

No probs with other games atm

Same with me. Also, I just finished and got first. It gave me 7th (last). I lost 102 rating and went from number 18th worldwide to being 55. Please fix this sumo

Same with me. Also, I just finished and got first. It gave me 7th (last). I lost 102 rating and went from number 18th worldwide to being 55. Please fix this sumo

It does that sometimes. Believe me when I say that a lot of us have been there. Other times it'll mark everyone's time as I think 1 minute across the board, randomly shuffle everyone into a place and rank everyone that way. I'm sure Sumo will work out a way to fix everything eventually in a patch, or at least make things a bit less hilariously bad.

Has anybody been able to get the Triple A sticker on Wii U version? I think mine's bugged, because I have won 3 matchmaking games in a row, yet it hasn't unlocked. Plus it's got a counter of 4/25.

I sure do hope that I don't have to try and win 25 matchmaking events in a row. :/

This is on the european version 1.1.1 if that helps.

Had a crash after me and my bro beat the Joe Mushashi time trial battle (luckily it saved), and another one as we tried to load another challenge. Other than that, it's just been random lighting issues for me, like the rocks on Seasonal Shrine's results screen bugging out, or Shadow's white fur being completely black for no reason.

Has anybody been able to get the Triple A sticker on Wii U version? I think mine's bugged, because I have won 3 matchmaking games in a row, yet it hasn't unlocked. Plus it's got a counter of 4/25.

I sure do hope that I don't have to try and win 25 matchmaking events in a row. :/

This is on the european version 1.1.1 if that helps.

Well I got mine okay on the Xbox version, but some stickers for some reason are bugged for some people. I don't think it's a version specific problem since it happens with some people sometimes on random versions apparently, just like how some people have the unfortunate luck of getting glitched achievements.

I know for a fact that the win 20 and 50 matchmaking events are not consecutive wins, so they should unlock eventually by just winning a certain amount. I guess if anything, try winning 3 in a row again and see if it'll pop. I've heard some people have problems unlocking the Puyo Pop'd sticker while others (including me) have had trouble getting the 'be revived in battle mode' sticker even though we have been revived. Hope it works out for ya and welcomes. :3

I have alot of problems getting on wifi with Wii U sometimes. Sometimes I can never find a match. Sometimes when I do find it, it randomly cuts off in the middle of the race. Is anyone else with this version having this problem?

I know about the population issues. Do you know hot to configure your NAT settings in your wireless router? Online games sometimes have issues getting through overly secure connections.

So... the Starlight Carnival track will still randomly fuck up the game, and prevent my Wii U from even turning off. This is the third time this has happened, and it was the same track. What the fuck? This is starting to get on my nerves...

I've only had the game crash that way once, but it was on Starlight Carnival too. Had some other random crashes as well. It's really annoying. The power button issue is the Wii U itself though, not the game.

Weird, I ALSO had a Starlight Carnival crash yesterday.

And yes, the game will hardlock the Wii U so the only way to get around it is to unplug it.

It seems to like hardlocking every platform it's on. I wonder if the game will be stable on the 3DS.

Starlight Carnival never hardlocked on me on the PS3 and the Vita. It's either that I'm pretty lucky or what you said is false.

In fact, the game never froze on me in any of these platforms. There were sometimes annoying sound glitches though. On the Vita for example, when the race is about to start, the announcer doesn't say anything and the race starts. Straight after the race begun, the announcer then says "GET READY, 3, 2, 1, GO!"

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

I know that on some days, certain stages will be unplayable for whatever reasons online. One time on 360, the game refused to let people play on Carrier Zone, a Network Error happens immediately if the stage is picked. Doesn't happen anymore, through another stage may be affected.