Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

You're pretty lucky because, the game hard locks on 360 and PS3 as well. We were seeing reports of locks before the Wii U version.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're pretty lucky because, the game hard locks on 360 and PS3 as well. We were seeing reports of locks before the Wii U version.

so far the game hasn't done this to me but it has frozen online before though.

Gets 1st Place in Race Online

Says I'm in Last Place in the Ranking.

WHHHAAAAT?!

Hahaha! I can relate. The other night I was in race online and it was the final lap. I was cruising along in 5th as we approached the finish line, and as I crossed it then the game really fucked up. The race didn't finish and the timer was still going at the top screen but for some reason it said I was in first. So yeah, first place somehow and then when the timer ran out it said I DNF and came last. D:

Hahaha! I can relate. The other night I was in race online and it was the final lap. I was cruising along in 5th as we approached the finish line, and as I crossed it then the game really fucked up. The race didn't finish and the timer was still going at the top screen but for some reason it said I was in first. So yeah, first place somehow and then when the timer ran out it said I DNF and came last. D:

Did this with rabid-noodles too when he used Danica in Dragon Canyon, he managed to clip through the entire flight section of the track, and suddenly spawned in reverse to cross the finish line, winning the race, but when the race ended, he had a DNF lol!

Finally got the game today, played it a lot, enjoyed. Didn't run into any bug, online or offline. The only thing that bothers me are the pixelated textures, but that's not a bug at all :P

Has anyone race on  "Race of Ages" for Wii U. Regardless of its online or offline. It seems to never go to that "flight" section of the level anymore and just the boat part....

That's because people are going right at that divider where the hologram jet skis and planes are. The person in 1st has to go left at the divider to trigger the flying section.

On race of ages, if you're winning the race the flight path pretty much guarantees you'll win the race, it's a lot harder to catch up if the person in the lead takes that route.

As for hard locks. I don't think I've had any lock ups at all from all the time I've played. May have had one after a long gaming session, but I honestly can't remember any. (PS3 Version).

This "disconnection issues" is driving me nuts! Big time!

For the last week I've lost connection on all most all the race. Maybe 2 out of the 3 online games.

Disconnected while in fist place on the final lap!? I never been so mad over a video game before.

I don't know if it's me. But, most of my other online games like Mortal Kombat 9, CoD MW3, Transformers: WoC reads my connection as "Green/Great" and I haven't had too much issues.

Please, address this issues. I finally got 100% on World Tour just now and I would in like to have a online experiences with little issues.

This "disconnection issues" is driving me nuts! Big time!

For the last week I've lost connection on all most all the race. Maybe 2 out of the 3 online games.

Disconnected while in fist place on the final lap!? I never been so mad over a video game before.

I don't know if it's me. But, most of my other online games like Mortal Kombat 9, CoD MW3, Transformers: WoC reads my connection as "Green/Great" and I haven't had too much issues.

Please, address this issues. I finally got 100% on World Tour just now and I would in like to have a online experiences with little issues.

It could be the poor Sumo Servers there using? Being that each game (I believe) run on there own servers... sumo's could just be not as good as other games so it tends to be unstable? My guess on this.

I almost forgot. The final results at the end of online mode is still very buggy.

A few races I've finished had everybody's time reading "00:01:00" and our placements not matching up with the actual results.

It could be the poor Sumo Servers there using? Being that each game (I believe) run on there own servers... sumo's could just be not as good as other games so it tends to be unstable? My guess on this.

Could be.

Edited by Brother Earl

It's Sumo's Servers dude, Network ccrashes tend to happen to most folks in a game, when I hop into a new lobby, a noticed a good amount of folks who I was playing previously also had the same Network error. 

I thought the game uses peer to peer hosting (which is why host migration makes sense). It could just be terrible netcoding.

This racing game has 10 player online doesn't it?

Whats the average these days for online racers? When I first found out how many that was my initial reaction was 'thats a lot' well, a lot for a game like this with all the other stuff going on. I remember how in ASR, playing online would sometimes remove things from the track, most noticably was Ristar in the Death Egg course. But on this one, I don't see much if any difference between whats there in the single player and whats there online.

Mario Kart Wii had 12 players online with all tracks and obstacles available. Nintendo black magic at work though, I'm sure. 7 went back to 8. Not sure if that was due to complaints of too many racers or that 12 just wasn't possible on 3DS. I THINK most games still support only 8-10, so ASRT is in the average range. But, very few have so many moving parts and such. All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart are the only series, that I know of, that do that.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

8 is the average, just like the original Sega All Stars. Mario Kart 7 went down to 8 due to fans complaining about the tracks to wide, and to many players (which meant items up the butt).  So this game is just 2 players over the average mark.

I ran into an odd one yesterday, while working on Ring challenges.  I'd already noticed that the detection was a little odd - sometimes it'll 'pass' me as I skim the outer edge of a ring, but occasionally it'll 'Ring Missed' when I go through dead center - but as I started yet again the announcer went:  "3 . . . 2 . . . 1. . . Go! . . . Ring Missed!'  I didn't notice if I lost a second, but - how do I miss a ring before I even get to them?  I miss enough rings on my own, without the announcer stealing them from me.tongue.png

One more thing....

During Match Making mode; why isn't there "voice icon" next to whoevers talking?

I just now notice that when I was trying to mute a kid yelling "ya gotta get butt r**p!!!" No time to go through the Gamer Cards so I ended up muting my TV. -.-;

Edited by Brother Earl

So, I've played the game a lot and the only bugs I got are texture related. Like Shadow's chest fur, the disco globe on Galactic Parade (it's completely black) and some other ugly pixelations. Oh, also some times the announcer mix up the character's names, like, "Reala is gone All-Star" when is actually Amy or NiGHTS.

Edited by Jingle

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but on the "Keil's Carnage" Traffic Attack Event in World Tour, the Checkpoints and Time Cars stop giving me time after passing the 7th and 8th Checkpoint....is this supposed to happen?