Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

This game has so many glitches. If you're lucky, you'll stumble upon something amazing.

So me and my friend were playing the other day. He was Amigo and I was NiGHTS. We had just finished a mission on Seasonal Shrines.

For those who don't know, the results screen shows your characters' vehicles parked, which they are then free to jump out of and perform a victory pose.

Except this time Amigo starts driving off into the background. I howled with laughter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got about two freezes after retrying some missions with a friend. I now figure the game just does not want you to continuously retry missions; the last time I reported about this, I remember it was on the Joe Musashi race which me and my brother had to re-attempt a few times.

Also, Shadow getting hit by nothing in the Skies of Arcadia ring race was genuinely annoying as fuck. Going around that last bend near the mountainside was just randomly causing damage, in turn costing us the mission once.

Yet another I just remembered: going for the final plane-to-car Transform boost on Galactic Parade's Battle Mode registered as a death a few times when Sonic hit the road. Imagine my rage at being eliminated for no reason.

Edited by North Pole Nepenthe

Yesterday was the first time I encountered the invisible wall in online mode. Only three people managed to passed it while the rest of us got DNFs.

All I got to say about the many bugs I've been encountering lately is this:

I actually thought this game was going to have a ton of bugs. There was no way Sumo could make a game this big without bugs.

Is it bad that I didn't got any freeze, glitch transformation, glitch victory pose, either online or offline AT ALL? And my save file has more than 20 hours, I also have all the 232 stars. I restarted the traffic attack missions many times, sometimes right after starting it, it never froze or anything. Never did in co-op mode, tho. Maybe I've bought a good copy? biggrin.png  I don't know. Like I said, the glitches I saw are texture related, and these even aren't real glitches, is lack of polishment by Sumo team (sorry XD). Besides that, the snake's mouth and the online colision are the only real problems.

Edited by Jingle

The PS3/Vita version doesn't have any freezes like the other versions. I can't remember also any glitched victory poses or transforms either. It's again the best version although we had less characters.

There were still a number of glitches though (no game can be bug free), mainly the sound glitches that every version has, Adder's Lair Snake head and for the Vita version only, the boat vehicle going out of whack when you do too many flips in the air.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

It's never bad to not have glitches, it's just nice when you do have them to know you aren't the only one.  Speaking of textures (this is the Wii U version) is Pudding supposed to look like she's made of metal?  She has some tinting to her but a very strong metallic sheen - but only some of the time.  Amy often looks weird, as if her pink parts are lit up from within, even when her face and dress are in shadow.

Those things don't bother me much, although they might if I was a particular fan of either character.  Since the (second, US) Wii U patch, my game has played just fine.

The PS3/Vita version doesn't have any freezes like the other versions. I can't remember also any glitched victory poses or transforms either. It's again the best version although we had less characters.

There were still a number of glitches though (no game can be bug free), mainly the sound glitches that every version has, Adder's Lair Snake head and for the Vita version only, the boat vehicle going out of whack when you do too many flips in the air.

Yeah, I believe the PS3 versions was the main platform, so all the other versions are ports. I hope Sumo hurry up with SEGA and release the new port to fix the 360 and Wii U versions.

As for the Vita, I also noticed that, but it happens on the PS3 version too, apparently you can't do many flips too fast, you have to take care lol

Oh yeah, Amy has a texture glitch too, in some tracks her skin color is out of tone, usually brighter. That is very visible in Shibuya Downtown and Galactic Parade. Thanks, Thrippa smile.png

Also about Amy, her socks (??) are grey, instead of white.

Edited by Jingle

Yeah, I believe the PS3 versions was the main platform, so all the other versions are ports. I hope Sumo hurry up with SEGA and release the new port to fix the 360 and Wii U versions.

As for the Vita, I also noticed that, but it happens on the PS3 version too, apparently you can't do many flips too fast, you have to take care lol

But when I try to do a multiflip (or more) with Sonic in let's say Graveyard Gig in the air, it's like Sonic's car dives in to the water, and when the vehicle gets out of it, the vehicle faces the wrong way. This has screwed me up several times.

This never happened to me before on the PS3 version, especially doing a multiflip.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about doing flips on a boat vehicle.

EDIT 2: Forgot to say, on the Vita Version, the Snake Head on Adder's Lair is fixed.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

The Pro Controller feels really awkward to use. I swear the flying mechanics aren't as tight as the gamepad. Also, why did Sumo forget to turn on Rumble for the controller? Can you please get this fixed?

Edit: Also, I think the Advanced configuration is still broken.

Edited by Autosaver

Has anybody else had an issue with the Laser Ghost sticker? It says I have to revive myself three times in a battle on matchmaking. Well, I've revived myself four times in a battle before and it still hasn't unlocked. (Not an easy feat since the lobby on Arena mode is usually filled with... well, just me, by myself, waiting for someone, ANYONE to play.

So have I done something wrong? I've tried it in all of the battle arenas, with multiple characters, and every time it's just been me against whoever is on. What am I missing here?

360 version by the way.

Hi,

my 360 version keeps crashing a lot in the loading screens. Maybe 20 times so far.

It was even more often when I installed the game to harddisc, after deinstalling it's a bit better.

These crashes often appear when theres a glitch in the track or I have to repeat a challange and than go back to the menue.

Really annoying if the game crashes in grand prix mode after the fourth track.

Other glitches I noticed:

- Screech sound if player 2 is eliminated

- rings disappear at the end of the ring-challange in the after burner track

- trees flickering in shinobi track (good to see after the race)

- boost marks sometimes dissapear (noticed it 2 times)

- game freeze in "chase the chao" minigame

- a friend of mine respawned in a part of the burning rangers track where he kept driving backwards. No chance to drive forwards.

I was farming coins at Ocean View just a bit ago, after I had enough I went to finish the race... and I guess the track collapsed on itself or something .. no racers could get through to finish.. we were all bouncing around from 1st place to 10th..

colapse.jpg

Same thing happend to me.

Can anyone tell me if one of these issues is fixed by a patch? My xbox isn't online because of my bad internet connection,

so the only way to patch seems to be by copying a patch to a USB drive and keep it plugged in.

On the Afterburner track, are you sure you're turning the right way?  The rings form a loop at the end, but they disappear if you try to take a shortcut to the finish rather than going around the loop the long way.  If you're seeing the rings actually in front of you vanish, then I haven't run into that one.

No idea if it's been mentioned already, but some characters I have completely leveled up don't have the little crown next to their icons on the chracter select screen.

Vyse and Metal Sonic, for example, have the crowns next to their mugshots, but Gillius doesn't for some reason.

I'm playing the Wii U version, by the way. Anyone else have this problem?

No glitches here. 

Edited by Solly

No idea if it's been mentioned already, but some characters I have completely leveled up don't have the little crown next to their icons on the chracter select screen.

Vyse and Metal Sonic, for example, have the crowns next to their mugshots, but Gillius doesn't for some reason.

I'm playing the Wii U version, by the way. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you unlock Gillius's Arcade mod in World Tour?

Did you unlock Gillius's Arcade mod in World Tour?

Oh, whoops. You' right. 

You just reminded me I need to get back to traffic attack. sad.png

Edited by Solly

And incidentally, the Wii U version doesn't seem to freeze online.

...Amusing.

I've just had mine freeze completely twice when trying to do two-player local online (if that makes sense; both me and my brother using the same console with me on a Pro Controller and him on the gamepad to play online).

Not sure if that's a problem with the game or because my Internet has been shite lately, could be a mixture of both.

If you play the Rogue's Landing ring race in multiplayer, there are several sets of trees around the end of the track that won't draw on the Wii U version. My bro and I spent 10 minutes getting to the end and crashing into thin-air before we fired it up in single player, found the invisible obstacle we had been hitting, and managed to beat it.

If you play the Rogue's Landing ring race in multiplayer, there are several sets of trees around the end of the track that won't draw on the Wii U version. My bro and I spent 10 minutes getting to the end and crashing into thin-air before we fired it up in single player, found the invisible obstacle we had been hitting, and managed to beat it.

This is a common issue and I doubt it is Wii U exclusive.

I think I said something similar about the Outrun Bay level not drawing up a fence in multiplayer making it very confusing when you can successfully merge onto a path. I know the original game did something similar, but it is much worse here. The problem here is that the objects being eliminated from the game are essential to the gameplay like trees and fences. This will cause people to crash and tumble.

...Why are the objects being erased but not the walls? At least get rid of the walls if you want to erase the object.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no idea what is causing this, but sometimes when I do an air-roll. it just goes in the complete wrong direction. This has screwed over several time trial runs and it's really getting on my nerves.

Yeesh, I played Dream Valley many times, but this is the first time something weird happen to me their.

Near the end of the nightmare section in Lap1, I do a flip in the gate to get a transform boost when I come out, only to have me flying over the entire area.

I easily one the race, through it wasn't what I was expecting. Anyone else had this happen to them?

With all these bugs, I think Sumo should have gone with a beta. Maybe give out keys to forum members. There is no way they could have found all these issues with the scale of the game. There are way too many issues that I have no idea were missed. ..Were levels not play tested (such as the Snake Mouth being too low)?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really having trouble finding any matches online in the Wii U version now. It just seems to search forever.

Again though, I suppose that could be due to my Internet being godawful these last few months. That said, I'd managed to race online okay up until last night.