Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

i did it!!!

I switched off the router, so i didn't have LIVE. I went to the main menu and selected 24/12/2012. Alex kidd was deleted. Then, i returned to the main menu and I selected 25/12/2012 17:00 and started the game. Now it's show the mensage about ALEX KIDD and now, i have all modifications for Alex kidd.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Tonight at 00:00 o'clock i was playing to Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed.

The box advertising Alex Kidd is now available didn't shown at the screen TV.

I noticed that Alex Kidd didn't have the special star (number seven) about SEGA GENESIS but i played with with unlocked the other six star but now, I can't unlocked the last STAR, the special Star (SEGA GENESIS)...

I went to World Tour and try select this modification but it doesn't work.

Please, help me!!! What should i do? I'll post a photo soon.

post-1707-0-87513300-1356438881_thumb.jp

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Edited by DERHYUS

Yeesh, I played Dream Valley many times, but this is the first time something weird happen to me their.

Near the end of the nightmare section in Lap1, I do a flip in the gate to get a transform boost when I come out, only to have me flying over the entire area.

I easily one the race, through it wasn't what I was expecting. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Dream Valley seems to be the incomplete level, during the final water section, just after the third or second waterfall jump, most of times you can fly WAY TOO MUCH and get inside mountains that have unfinished collision. This can be used to win a great advance in the race, first time it happened to me I said "ah shit, I'm gonna hit those mountains and loose the ra... OH MY GOD, I'M INSIDE THE MOUNTAIN, I WON!" tongue.png

Edited by Jingle

With all these bugs, I think Sumo should have gone with a beta. Maybe give out keys to forum members. There is no way they could have found all these issues with the scale of the game. There are way too many issues that I have no idea were missed. ..Were levels not play tested (such as the Snake Mouth being too low)?

Here's the thing with the Snake mouth through

I raced their many times against CPU's and never once did I hit the ceiling of the mouth, but when I play online, it happens, not all the time through and it only effects some people during a race.

Yeah. Sumo really outta play tested the game a little more, especially with online, Is their any confirmination that Sumo is working on these problems?

Here's the thing with the Snake mouth through

I raced their many times against CPU's and never once did I hit the ceiling of the mouth, but when I play online, it happens, not all the time through and it only effects some people during a race.

Yeah. Sumo really outta play tested the game a little more, especially with online, Is their any confirmination that Sumo is working on these problems?

I've had it happen in single player against the CPU. And it ruined one of my boost challenge runs. :c

I think it's got something to do with how fast you're going. Not sure if character size or weight are a factor but I've had it happen quite a few times.

Yeah, I noticed that if you're going a high speed then you will bump it.
Edit: I tried the Alex Kidd fix posted above and.. nothing.

I hope I didn't break my game. :/

Edited by Autosaver

Ah, I guess folks should problemly avoid using the Speed Mod in Adders Lair then, especially for characters that already have high speed in the first place.

Either that or slow down before making the jump.

Either that or slow down before making the jump.

My plans exactly. Hit the brakes, make three stunt tricks, and off you go.

Kinda amusing to watch the CPUs and other online players getting hung up on it. =P

Yeah the snake mouth thing happens to me a lot too, and it completely messes me up on the Adder's Lair Boost Challenge. However, apparently this problem isn't present on the left snake, as I've gone through that one with a high speed and did stunts...I dunno, I just don't use the right snake anymore though. Not a bug, but I have about 30 stars I think until I have them all, and I really really do not want to do those expert traffic attacks, but I really want that AGES Console Mod. Any tips to get through the expert traffic attacks? I know about the super glove and stuff, but its still really hard to get through.

You dont have to do every mission to unlock ages, so if you want you can just do the traffic attack missions on easy/medium and then save the stress for last (lol). That's the only tip I can personally give you ^^

Unlocked AGES already, I was talking about his console mod. I'm pretty sure that requires all of the stars.

Edited by Frozen Blizzard

Unlocked AGES already, I was talking about his console mod. I'm pretty sure that requires all of the stars.

Yeah it does, Sorry no tips for you since every Traffic Attack is different, it's just down to memorizing the car's pattern and a ton of trail and error, the ones with items are a tad easier than those without.

Actually, on Sunshine Tour's Expert traffic attack, use AGES, his overall size is perfect for picking up double ammo when drifting which makes stacking up ammo a breeze to take out annoying car's in your way.

Edited by Super Snowiko

Huh that's really weird. My online win/ loss record (Wii U version) has just vanished. D:

Also, I'm at 150 stars at the moment. Honestly starting to wonder if I'll even be able to unlock Reala, much less Ages. 

What the actual fuck?

Doing Emerald GP Mirror Mode, and racing in Dream Valley. On the third lap, I suddenly lost the ability to use items period! The game recognised that I was picking them up (because the announcer was calling out the weapon names), but the weapon icon stayed blank and I couldn't fire anything. 

I finally got the Laser Ghost sticker, even though I've revived myself three times in matches, sometimes even four, numerous times before.
Not sure why it finally worked tonight. It was always a pain previously because nobody was ever on Arena, but I think that Holiday sales must have been relatively high because all of the rooms in arena seem to be packed right now. If you ever plan on getting Laser Ghost, I'd recommend you do it now while there are actually other players online, and before they actually get good. XD
Don't be like me and waste hours just wishing at least three people will happen to want to play arena at once.

Edit: Now that I think about it, tonight was the first time I triple-revived in Monkey Ball Park. It never worked in any of the other three stages, which sucks because those are more popular, thus you'll be voted into them more often. I dunno, I know other people had issue with Laser Ghost as well. Just try it in Monkey Ball Park I guess?

Edited by Willick Bogey

I finally got the Laser Ghost sticker, even though I've revived myself three times in matches, sometimes even four, numerous times before.

Not sure why it finally worked tonight. It was always a pain previously because nobody was ever on Arena, but I think that Holiday sales must have been relatively high because all of the rooms in arena seem to be packed right now. If you ever plan on getting Laser Ghost, I'd recommend you do it now while there are actually other players online, and before they actually get good. XD

Don't be like me and waste hours just wishing at least three people will happen to want to play arena at once.

Edit: Now that I think about it, tonight was the first time I triple-revived in Monkey Ball Park. It never worked in any of the other three stages, which sucks because those are more popular, thus you'll be voted into them more often. I dunno, I know other people had issue with Laser Ghost as well. Just try it in Monkey Ball Park I guess?

I got it in monkey ball park also. I had three other controllers and killed then revived myself three times. I invited my friend to the arena and he won while I got the achievement

Man, I'm really having trouble finding people online in the Wii U version. It's really hit and miss.

I have found the game seems quite prone to crashing when both me and my brother try to play online through the same console. 

Aw, I just came across that Laser Ghost glitch. Killed and ressurected myself three times, but no grant. sad.png

Did you happen to do it in an arena other than Monkey Ball Park? From everyone I've spoken to I'm really starting to think that's the key for some reason. :/

Did you happen to do it in an arena other than Monkey Ball Park? From everyone I've spoken to I'm really starting to think that's the key for some reason. :/

I think it was Rooftop Rumble...so they may have a point. 

I've run into some bugs lately in the Vita version, here are 2 I found:

DZe2e.jpg

After crashing while using Night's All-Star move at Graffiti City the camera starts focusing on her ass for some reason.

EKKGf.jpg4dTdA.jpg

In the Sticker Collection if I place the select thingy in certain places and then switch the page to the Bonus Stickers I can see some new stickers. Are those supposed to be unlockable or something? I can see those 2 in the pics, 2 Alex Kidd ones, a cartoony NiGHTS and some others.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was looking up walkthroughs for World Tour on expert difficulty, and I came upon this interesting glitch. I'd never use this glitch, but it's interesting nonetheless. Not sure if this has been posted before though.

Edited by Frozen Blizzard

I just saw some players applying weird tricks to beat the expert ghosts in some tracks. For example in Sanctuary Falls. I saw a random player's ghost jumping out of the track on the middle way of that 3 way line at the beggining of the race. I was like, "WTF he just killed himself..." I decided to try and yes, you CAN land on other part of the track, skipping a lot of it, and finish a 1 minute race in 30 ~ 40 seconds. The trick is to take the finger off the gas and turn your car with the left analog to the right (assuming you're playing the normal mode). It's really easy to do once you get used to it... or almost. I tried it online, but I accidentaly failed to make the air turn and fell to my death. Finished the race in last haha

Also saw a guy's ghost taking the third lap way earlier in Graveyard Gig. I couldn't do this glitch, tho.

Edited by Jingle

Finally got 110% last night after 67 hours and 44 minutes of gameplay. It still says Ralph is my "favorite character" though, which is irritating because I don't even slightly like him, nor do I ever play as him. I only did enough to unlock all of his mods.
Oh well, this game overall left a poor taste in my mouth and I'm not upset about the prospect of putting it down now. Tonight I think I'll play the first All-Stars Racing and I'll have a jovial time.

I seriously hope they release another patch for the Wii U version soon. Every single time my brother and I try to play online together through the same console, the game will freeze without fail. Sometimes it'll be in the first race, sometimes we'll get through a few before it does, but it always freezes.