Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Online seems to have a few bugs to. I win quite alot of races so my score thing is pretty high up, so now I get about 9 points for winning a race. I was playing on the Panzer Dragoon level and won quite easily. The score board came up and said I DNF and took away about 100 points. Hopefully that gets fixed quickly.

Not really a bug but isnt the collision between cars inthe online kinda weird? I mean, a slight touch can send you easily out of the track!

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not really a bug but isnt the collision between cars inthe online kinda weird? I mean, a slight touch can send you easily out of the track!

I think the collision seems to be a bit off with some of the obstacles in the flying sections too, like branches, arches etc... Sometimes I go to fly under them and I'm a bit close, but not close enough to hit them from what I can see.

It's just connection issues. It can be quite annoying though, but it's better then control lag I guess.

I hope they fix the collision problems, Expert GP is pissing me the fuck off because of A.I batting me about like a ball, it's not just online, it's collisions/rubbing/ramming PERIOD.

In dream valley boat section there is a rock on the left you can ramp off and get a big jump off of it. i was once forced into the wall and fell through it and i kept falling for so long. and also sometimes when you are exiting the boat section in dream valley, when i transformed it will sometimes turn me to the side like I hit a wall.

My girlfriend got stuck on Race of Ages. She was lagging behind in 10th place, and got stuck right before the track's warp thing. There was an invisible wall blocking one way on the track, and the warp thing would send her to right before the invisible wall, basically an endless loop.

Pausing and unpausing the game seemed to fix it though. This was on Hard during the Grand Prix mode by the by. Funky.

My friend bought a copy of this game with her Wii U. It barely ever boots, and when it does, it freezes on the title screen. Not sure yet if this is a Nintendo issue or a SEGA issue, though.

Hum... the game does needs some fixes. I bet Sumo is already working on a patch. S0L's probaly biting his nails reading this thread tongue.png

Edited by Jango

Uh oh. From what I saw on another forum, the first boost challenge in the Wii U version is broken after patch version 1.1; the checkpoints don't load, neither do the extra boost pads. That either means don't update to 1.1 until after you clear that stage, or don't bother playing World Tour until Sumo or SEGA fix it.

Edited by King Of Awesome

So I added quite a few bugs to the OP. I promise I will do my best to clean up this week by labeling bugs in areas such as "Urgent/Minor/Annoyances/etc" and maybe shortening the bugs with them linking them to the direct post for the full description.

The one I started "Urgent" was the Wii U one due to it being a game breaking bug.

Uh oh. From what I saw on another forum, the first boost challenge in the Wii U version is broken after patch version 1.1; the checkpoints don't load, neither do the extra boost pads. That either means don't update to 1.1 until after you clear that stage, or don't bother playing World Tour until Sumo or SEGA fix it.

Getting this same exact bug on my Wii U copy, but on the Seasons Shrine boost challenge during the Moonlight Park section of the world tour. I think its safe to say that the latest patch that messed things up, since the challenge was working fine for me up until I updated my game a few minutes ago.

Edited by Kireek

In dream valley boat section there is a rock on the left you can ramp off and get a big jump off of it. i was once forced into the wall and fell through it and i kept falling for so long. and also sometimes when you are exiting the boat section in dream valley, when i transformed it will sometimes turn me to the side like I hit a wall.

Oh god, that bug. I haven't played this game yet but I have experienced a very similar bug on two different games on the Xbox original years ago. One game was World Racing: it was pretty rare, but on occasion my car would get forced into walls and end up flying right out of the level. The car would fall infinitely with increasing speed on the speedometer. The other game I experienced it with was Spyro: A Hero's Tail. In this game it was the same thing; get forced into a wall or anything where two perpendicular level structures meet (wall and floor, stair and riser, etc.) and BAM you're out of the level before you know what happened.

In both games it would be stuck like that forever. The level would be gone and you would keep falling. It was very rare and so didn't actually bother me that much. What got me is that it happened on two totally different games.

Weird stuff.

According to GeneHF, of Retro, the game basically forces you to download the patch; the patch that breaks the game's World Tour mode. Jesus, Sumo. I know you guys had a lot on your plate but, how did this happen?

I'm getting worried for the Wii-U version cause of these issues. I might have to hold out on it. sad.png

yeah... same unsure.png

I can definitely confirmed that it's more than the first one, in my copy at least. Every boost challenge I've attempted was F'd that way. Hope it gets corrected soon.

Regarding the Wii-U patch bug.

I can't tell because the camera is so far away from the telly.

But it looks like the track dynamic itself has changed. The boost pads are still there in the stage, but the track has altered in length by a degree thats meant the pads are no longer on it, they're still in the stage, but they're on a different plane to the route the player takes (if that makes sense?).

Theres nothing you can do to fix it, but it's just curious as to why in the patch they altered the track dynamics (if indeed thats what the problem is).

eeep, Scratch that, patch affects all the boost missions so it's not that.

Yeah if today all of a sudden a patch appears for the other console versions, probably best not to download it.

Edit: wait a moment. Can't you delete the patch from your system like you can do on the PS3/Xbox 360? Is there not an area in your consoles dashboard called game data or something? Just delete that and patch be gone!

*wakes up, all is well with the world*

*sees game-breaking glitch in Wii U version*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I really hope this gets sorted before the UK launch next week. After the ONM review score, the last thing the Wii U version needs is more bad press when in reality it actually looks pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eheh, was doing the S-Class Race, did the jump off that rock, flew into the air(through the arch over the track - actually THROUGH the arch, as if it weren't actually solid) and back down so fast, went under water for a fair while still going rather fast, practically bypassed the whole water segment... Then proceeded to do it again for the second and third laps... So I think there's some things to be looked at regarding the higher classes...

Also, all character achievement not unlocking. I'm not doing all the World Tour stuff again... Dx

Also, all character achievement not unlocking. I'm not doing all the World Tour stuff again... Dx

Wait what? Has that been confirmed as a multiple user issue yet?

Ok is anyone else crashing when trying to do the jump on the golden Axe stage? The one where you fly odd the ramp into the snakes mouth. No matter how I approach this it seems to always result in a crash.

Ok is anyone else crashing when trying to do the jump on the golden Axe stage? The one where you fly odd the ramp into the snakes mouth. No matter how I approach this it seems to always result in a crash.

The snake jump on the right with boosters? yeah i smash into the roof of the Snake's mouth and fall down losing all my speed, i mean even Expert A.I do it, so it's definitely a problem, pretty sure i listed it in my big post of bugs.

• Thumbs Up 1