Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Wait what? Has that been confirmed as a multiple user issue yet?

Last night, I unlocked all the characters. Achievement didn't pop... Thought I missed it but checked the achievement list on Xbox.com this morning, nope.

I think, similarly, there was an issue in the first one where the "Collect all achievements" achievement wouldn't pop for some people. Gonna boot it up again later, see if that unlocks it/whether I have to play as all characters first.

And, whilst I remember it, if doing split-screen and a player is eliminated whilst drifting, that sound effect plays continously until the end of the event or until the other player gets eliminated.(It also manages to drown out background music and other sounds)

• Thumbs Up 1

If people didn't see, Nuckles87 confirmed you can skip a mission if you fail it on C class 4 times. So, people can keep moving for now but, they probably won't be able to unlock Reala or the final character until the next patch rolls out.

I was playing online, Then all of a sudden this loud static(?) sound came on, and then i just fell off the track. as if the road wasn't there at all. And then i just ended up at the bottom of the map.

What just happened?!

What just happened?!

You just got S0Lified!

Sounds like something similar to what happened to me in single player. Was playing the sonic heroes traffic attack course, kept restarting and at one point my car was invisible, but I could tell from how the screen was shaking that I was stuck somewhere under the map.

I've mentioned this on NeoGAF, but we're looking into the Wii U Boost Challenge and Ninja Tag issue (and any other non-race game mode). To cut a long story short there was a problem with the update which went live on Sunday - and we're working to get it sorted ASAP.

360 version does have a Update available now this does address some known Achievements issues. PS3 is due any day now. Some issues were reported to us once the game was into submission, bear in mind we rely on SEGA QA to report glitches and issues as our own internal QA consists of a couple of people who check into issues raised by them.

In the meantime, apologies some glitches made it into the final game. We monitoring threads on all forums and discussing issues as they arise with SEGA.

---

S0L

---

Obviously this is nothing to do with you Steve, and it's the incompetence of SEGA QA but I've found more than just a few glitches... I've found a plethora of stuff just jumping out at me. Mass slowdown when multiple racers are together is a big one I'm sure a few people have willingly ignored but other things such as the rubberbanding from AI just gets under your skin after a while. I'm sorry that your product had such shoddy treatment.

If this is how SEGA want to treat their top IPs then I think they seriously need to think about who they are hiring and the quality of work they are doing as SUMO have put a lot of hard work into this, only for it to be riddled with bugs reported months ago more than likely. Looking forward to that patch.

EDIT: So I was online and just kept falling through the floor whilst the audio was tearing and screeching, this nearly blew my speakers. Come on guys, get it together.

Edited by jackskellinghog
  • Thumbs Up 1

but other things such as the rubberbanding from AI just gets under your skin after a while.

Well rubberbanding is not a glitch. Though I think it needs to be more balanced, atleast for the first AI runner.

EDIT: I guess this is intentional too, but Pudding have a voiceclip that says "Pudding!" but the source of that voice is from Ulala (in the original game).

EDIT2: An another one. In a Hard Race in World Tour I arrived 2nd at the goal and still got the star.

Edited by Ferr

Ok is anyone else crashing when trying to do the jump on the golden Axe stage? The one where you fly odd the ramp into the snakes mouth. No matter how I approach this it seems to always result in a crash.

Happened to me, but only if I do a stunt. Playing the demo btw. Glad Sumo is looking at these threads to pick up problems :)

Edited by Jango

Ok is anyone else crashing when trying to do the jump on the golden Axe stage? The one where you fly odd the ramp into the snakes mouth. No matter how I approach this it seems to always result in a crash.

That gets me a lot. Most the time it helps to cut off the acceleration button before the jump, but not every time. I do it everytime I approach that part, though.

I've mentioned this on NeoGAF, but we're looking into the Wii U Boost Challenge and Ninja Tag issue (and any other non-race game mode). To cut a long story short there was a problem with the update which went live on Sunday - and we're working to get it sorted ASAP.

360 version does have a Update available now this does address some known Achievements issues. PS3 is due any day now. Some issues were reported to us once the game was into submission, bear in mind we rely on SEGA QA to report glitches and issues as our own internal QA consists of a couple of people who check into issues raised by them.

In the meantime, apologies some glitches made it into the final game. We monitoring threads on all forums and discussing issues as they arise with SEGA.

---

S0L

---

Didn't get a noticeable patch, but did a few races.and the achievement popped!

EDIT2: An another one. In a Hard Race in World Tour I arrived 2nd at the goal and still got the star.

Edit: Wooops, I understood you didn't get the star.

Anyway, that happened to me in Expert Mode xD

Edited by Seraphinprincess

Well rubberbanding is not a glitch. Though I think it needs to be more balanced, atleast for the first AI runner.

EDIT: I guess this is intentional too, but Pudding have a voiceclip that says "Pudding!" but the source of that voice is from Ulala (in the original game).

All characters that have had previous actors have mixed voice clips of old voice actors and new, apparently we wouldn't notice it.

Anyway, that happened to me in Expert Mode xD

i guess is just lag

All characters that have had previous actors have mixed voice clips of old voice actors and new, apparently we wouldn't notice it.

I dont mean that, Im saying Im fairly sure Pudding uses a voiceclip extracted from Ulala in the original games, not from Pudding.

Edited by Ferr

Just experienced the glitch where the sound goes static and the floor doesn't, well, work. Just a constant stream of falling into nothing and then re-spawning to do the same.

First real glitch I've experienced.

Just experienced the glitch where the sound goes static and the floor doesn't, well, work. Just a constant stream of falling into nothing and then re-spawning to do the same.

First real glitch I've experienced.

That happened in the Burning Rangers race we did? I've had that glitch happen a lot to me in match making.

That happened in the Burning Rangers race we did? I've had that glitch happen a lot to me in match making.

Yeah, wasn't really expecting it to make the floor not work because it still worked for a bit after the static noise.

Signed up here to report another bug:

In the Wii U version, while using the "advanced" control scheme for the Wii U gamepad, the Hot Rod weapon cannot be used properly. The moment you touch the button, it fires off the "burst" and you cannot get the turbo boost. It works fine under the default control setting.

I have the 1.1 patch, if that helps. I'm not sure if this also occurs in the unpatched version or not.

Edited by Tero

Getting yet another game breaking glitch in the Wii U version.

Managed to scrape my way to the very last event in World Tour, despite not being able to do any of the boost challenges. However, I've hit a brick wall; the final mission begins on land, in a section of the track away from the other racer, with my character's vehicle in boat form. Even when I can get the boat to move on land, I'm not able to get out of the small area that the race "begins" in; I'm trapped.

Edited by Kireek

Managed to scrape my way to the very last event in World Tour, despite not being able to do any of the boost challenges. However, I've hit a brick wall; the final mission begins on land, in a section of the track away from the other racer, with my character's vehicle in boat form. Even when I can get the boat to move on land, I'm not able to get out of the small area that the race "begins" in; I'm trapped.

Which mission? What character?

Bullshit, you can't even touch the final event without say... the collective stars from the boost challenges, there's at least 8-9 of them across the entire World Tour.

Bullshit, you can't even touch the final event without say... the collective stars from the boost challenges, there's at least 8-9 of them across the entire World Tour.

Is "Ranger Rush" not the final event? Its the one right before the final unlockable character. I currently have around 130 stars.

No, it's not because you need 160 stars for Reala and 165 for the final character, then you need 200 for Race of Ages Mirror, then 230+ for the final challenge.

TL;DR version - You won't get anywhere without those Expert Boost challenge stars.

No, it's not because you need 160 stars for Reala and 165 for the final character, then you need 200 for Race of Ages Mirror, then 230+ for the final challenge.

TL;DR version - You won't get anywhere without those Expert Boost challenge stars.

Interesting. I'm looking forward to whatever the final challenge may be.

In any case, the "Ranger Rush" event is very much glitched on the Wii U version.

Can we get a photo of that bug?

Only I just tried it on the PS3 version and you're supposed to start on water.

I haven't even gotten to Race of Ages Mirror race yet, i'm currently sitting at like, 186 stars or something, because i'm hellbent on getting this last star on expert Shibuya DownTown traffic attack, i fucking hate these challenges.