Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Ok so I just made an account to post this,

So far I've encountered a few bugs besides the common boost challenge ones. The first one I noticed (not sure if it's really a glitch), was after I beat my first race as Sonic. His eyes seem to be really square and kinda blandly textured. I'm almost positive they aren't supposed to look that way because the Wii U trailer showed them the proper shape and nicely textured. Kinda a small thing to be bugged out about I guess, but I can't help it since he looks super derp everytime I use him. A few other characters look bug eyed on the Wii U version as well.

When performing tricks it sometimes does lets say 3 tricks, when you only really did 2, causing you to fail it. This was really frustrating when I was playing time attack challenges, since any mistake you make trying to beat expert ghosts results in you pretty much failing. Also very annoying when tricks refuse to register and you just fall without the benefit of a trick boost. This Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it really sucks.

Online play has a bunch of problems when people collide into eachother. The physics sometimes I guess you could say break, sending you and usually whoever else backwards or even in the air. (This can be on a straight road by the way) I've left quite a few games because of this. The worst case was when me and another player were fighting to get passed eachother until we both ended up shooting backwards into a wall being stuck there for over 10 seconds.

Another bug online, which can work and has to my advantage, is being able to go through obstacles that players shoot at you. I'm mainly talking about the swarm item. I've drove through at least 3 in a row without any collision detection.

Man... I keep thinking of more and more now that I'm typing this out. The traffic challenge on Ocean View is busted once you get to the 3rd lap. The cars stay on the top track while you are boating down below. I have beaten it on a B rank since it still registered the time gates. I think this bug goes for a lot of things though, I find once tracks change after the first lap, items will still follow the first. Making them useless, this happens a lot on Galactic Parade with the swarm item.

That's all I can think of for now... I know there was another one so if I remember I'll post it later.

Edit: I just remembered! It was the display for what place you are in. I went through a match being in second, but the game insisted I was in first place lol. Changed once I crossed the finish line though. Game also freezes if you access miiverse while in an online lobby.

Edited by FadeAlume

Death Egg Hanger on time trials is bugged.

It still has item pickups on it. Well coins and a super pickup. only problem is if you hit the super pickup it wipes out the boost which you need for the final sprint to the finish.

Already noted this, but yeah. T'was a tad annoying. :I

Ah, bugged on Golden Axe stage again.

I was on Time Trail and just got to the second or third lap and did a jump on a wave, but somehow got extra height and landed on the upper section of the track where the road goes across. That would've been a cool shortcut, but unfortunately, I was still in boat form and couldn't move. I could still role. Flopping about like a fish out of water. lol

I eventually re-spawned back on the water that I was supposed to be on.

Anyone else with the Wii U version come across the glitched "Ranger Rush" event yet? Its the only thing stopping me from unlocking the final character at this point. Can't skip it, either.

Thats this one isn't it?

5826CD53-F97F-4A06-B315-D2C2A8F2ECF1-612-0000011C200027F1.jpg

You're not alone, I've now seen video of this glitch. Unless you're the person who made that video. Looks like this is a Wii-U specific issue over all units.

Nice Close up on the Burning Rangers their...

Yeah, I just had my first Game Freeze today on a loading screen. Also at Seasonal Shrine, I somehow glitched through the ground endlessless on the road before the Torii Gate stairway, it was some freaky stuff.

Also, what the heck is with the collisions in this game? I get bumped lightly on the side and I'm sent bursting off the track, or into a wall, on to a full stop sometimes, doesn't make any sense too. The game should've had a weight class or something.

Anyone else with the Wii U version come across the glitched "Ranger Rush" event yet? Its the only thing stopping me from unlocking the final character at this point. Can't skip it, either.

Yeah, I got it too. Spawned as a boat on some weird grounded spot, continuously respawning but, never onto the actual track.

In online mode, we were playing the roulette track, game whas showing I was second but didnt see anyone in the map more advanced than me. Suddenly when everyone were in lap 2 the timer appeared like if someone already won. I was like wtf. Obviously the timer arrived at 0 and the game shown I arrived first but with no time because of timeout, like everyone else too. So I won in lap 2 with no time :/

EDIT: Ok, now I WON an online race and at the end it said I came last and took me a lot of points. WTF!

Edited by Ferr

I don't know if it has been mentioned cause I didn't bother to read all 7 pages of post but I have encountered a bug where....

At some unfortunate times, in some tracks, I get stuck in the wall during my drifting and the wall... won't let go of me until I stop completely and then restart driving.

Another one where I was in Dreams Valley, at the waterfall section; I was on my all-star mode and compare to all the other times I wasn't all-star mode... I was send off track each and every water fall part that I went down.

Sometimes when I'm flying, like in Rogue's Landing, at the first turn when you go air mode, I wanted to drift and everything was alright but at the moment I went straight, BOOM, the plane was somehow stuck in an invisible curved wall where the plane was stuck in a diagnogal position & going super slow until I did a stunt, causing me to loose 5 places.

Is it also normal that in Adder's Lair, when you take the right snake mouth jump & you goo super fast you just... bump on the upper part of the snake's mouth and fall off but never happened on the left snake?

In the Races of AGES tracks, sometimes I can go over some non-fence area to take short-cut and sometimes I get stuck right on the yellow bar, do a couple of slow-motion flips & then fall into the pits while on all-star mode, its fall, fall, fall.

On the Eggs Hangar, when I take the lower route where you must jump down a long curve, at the part with the multi-bumps road, even tho im on the side, and that i'm perfectly driving, it's always off-tracking me but mostly when I land on the last cut road on the back tip of the track.

Did any of that happened to anyone?

And sorry if some of them have already been mentioned.

Edited by Unholy Sønic

I noticed on XBOX 360 that if i receive a shock when i finish the race, my pad rumbling and don't stop. I need to waited message screen was over in order to i can enter in a new race and then, pad is normal.

I don't know if i explain well.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Not sure if anyone had this problem on Wii U version but when I go online to race Races of AGES track, it would keep beeping then freezes. Its enough to freeze and cripple the Wii U till I have to unplug it -__-;

Wow that's a pretty big..um... Glitch to miss now isn't it? And why can't they do the boost events? Something wrong with those too?

I am so sick of the game not being able to tell who wins on an online race. It takes forever for me to get 100 points on matchmaking and it's so frustrating losing them all because the game failed to register who won, even when I was miles ahead, this needs to be fixed fast or the number of people on matchmaking will drop quickly.

The points don't even matter! They reset when you switch the game off anyway, jesus sick of all this complaining over "losing" virtual "gottagofastandwin points"

• Thumbs Up 1

Urm ok... so I'm not sure if S0L checks this topic or not...

But I think I might have found a glitch in the PS3 version of the game and due to the nature of it, it possibly affects the Xbox 360 version too.

It's quite a big one. It basically awards players the yokozuma trophy (beat all staff ghosts) after only beating a handful of ghosts/none at all... so should I post it here or not? Since it doesn't really affect the game as you need to beat the ghosts anyway for the triple star license.

I can PM you the details S0L since I'm not sure if this is what happens, but based on what two people have just told me I'm quite sure theres a glitch on it.

The points don't even matter! They reset when you switch the game off anyway, jesus sick of all this complaining over "losing" virtual "gottagofastandwin points"

... Matchmaking has points, it's the exact same as Mario Kart 7, everyone starts of with 1000 points and depending on you're position in the race changes how many points you win or lose. It's basically the online ranking system for this game and they are posted to the leaderboards, so they are important. Custom game points don't matter but matchmaking points do matter for most people. Even if they didn't matter, the game shouldn't have such an issue in being able to tell who wins in an online race.

Urm ok... so I'm not sure if S0L checks this topic or not...

But I think I might have found a glitch in the PS3 version of the game and due to the nature of it, it possibly affects the Xbox 360 version too.

It's quite a big one. It basically awards players the yokozuma trophy (beat all staff ghosts) after only beating a handful of ghosts/none at all... so should I post it here or not? Since it doesn't really affect the game as you need to beat the ghosts anyway for the triple star license.

I can PM you the details S0L since I'm not sure if this is what happens, but based on what two people have just told me I'm quite sure theres a glitch on it.

Strange, I got the achievement after beating all expert ghosts on the normal tracks. I have yet to tackle the mirror expert ghosts yet. I have the xbox version though so that might be the case.

Strange, I got the achievement after beating all expert ghosts on the normal tracks. I have yet to tackle the mirror expert ghosts yet. I have the xbox version though so that might be the case.

You've not done the glitch then. Not going to say how you do it, but based on what you've just said you've definately not done it.

Nevermind... no point keeping it a secret anymore since it's been posted on xbox 360 achivements in detail, it's going to be all over the place soon.

First of all you need to have beaten at least one of the expert ghosts.

Then you need to go to Sunshine Tour Mirror and beat the expert ghost on that.

Trophy pops up once you beat the ghost and return to the main menu.

It unlocked early for me after I beat Sunshine Tour too. However it was only one away from the target I figured that it was just a mistake or that the DLC track had messed it up.

It's not unlocking for everyone, but Sunshine Tour Mirror is the key to getting the Yokozuma trophy early. This has been confired for both the xbox 360 version and PS3 version.

Note: you will still need to beat the ghosts in order to get your triple star license.

I have had quite a few issue with the on-line mode on the 360 version.

The big problem I have is disconnecting issue. I get dissconented half the time I play on-line. Not sure if it's just me, but it need to be addressed.

Another issue is on-line Boost Race. In Temple Trouble, I finsh the race in 1st place but the ending results put me in 7th(out of 7 players.) This issue happen again in Roulette Road. Only this time I cross finsh line in first place on the 3rd lap but I was showed the "Lap 2" icon. I was still in control of my character and the HUD reading "1st place; lap 3". The game ended after the "30 sec." warning with me in "DNF 3rd" (out of 5 players. Two of them DNF as well.)

Also; what's the deal with 4th and 6th placed players earning more Rating points (+100) then the 1st and 3rd placed players (+10 or +40)

You've not done the glitch then. Not going to say how you do it, but based on what you've just said you've definately not done it.

Nevermind... no point keeping it a secret anymore since it's been posted on xbox 360 achivements in detail, it's going to be all over the place soon.

First of all you need to have beaten at least one of the expert ghosts.

Then you need to go to Sunshine Tour Mirror and beat the expert ghost on that.

Trophy pops up once you beat the ghost and return to the main menu.

It unlocked early for me after I beat Sunshine Tour too. However it was only one away from the target I figured that it was just a mistake or that the DLC track had messed it up.

It's not unlocking for everyone, but Sunshine Tour Mirror is the key to getting the Yokozuma trophy early. This has been confired for both the xbox 360 version and PS3 version.

Note: you will still need to beat the ghosts in order to get your triple star license.

Well, since people will still need to beat all the ghost's to earn the triple star license, this glitch is not as bad as it could of been. Still sucks though, hopefully sumo will remove it.

Also; what's the deal with 4th and 6th placed players earning more Rating points (+100) then the 1st and 3rd placed players (+10 or +40)

It's probably because they have a lower ranking then the people who came in first, if you have a low ranking you can get alot of points really fast. As you're ranking increases the points you get from you're winnings decrease. I only get points for coming in first place, if I come 2nd I lose them. Edited by CallieMacN

In Roulette Road (Wii U - The stage from the original game), the game spazzes out with clipping errors. It seems like the walls stretch all over the screen. I'll try it again later when I unlock the stage. I just managed to bump into this while online. REALLY distracting.