Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

It doesn't do that offline. I wonder what the hell that was about.

WAIT

Were you in the server several hours ago? =o

Oh, no, sorry. I guess I could have worded that better. I was just expressing my confusion over what happened to you. What's going on with the online?

Not sure if this one's been said but every time I play Dream Valley and get to Lap 3, upon reaching the point where you transform into the boat you get flung into the right wall for no reason. Again, this has happened every time I've played on this stage due to no fault of my own. Especially due to the fact that it's a boat section and the control is a little looser, it becomes hard to ease back into the flow again.

Dunno if this can be classified as a bug but, I unlocked the Virtual Trickster achievement... and I didnt even do it. AI did it with my character while it was showing the race results in an online match lol

Oh, no, sorry. I guess I could have worded that better. I was just expressing my confusion over what happened to you. What's going on with the online?

When I was playing splitscreen online, the screen started to have a seizure all over the track. I swear I could see the environment spring toward in tiny little boxes (clipping?). I'm not entirely sure if this was a special occasion as I don't have the track unlocked yet for offline. But yeah, it was terribly distracting and it was very hard to keep up with the action.

Sometimes, when I get hit at the end of an event or anything that causes the controller to vibrate...it keeps vibrating through all the menus and won't stop vibrating until I enter ANOTHER event and actually start racing. It vibrates even during the boost start segment.

Sometimes, when I get hit at the end of an event or anything that causes the controller to vibrate...it keeps vibrating through all the menus and won't stop vibrating until I enter ANOTHER event and actually start racing. It vibrates even during the boost start segment.

I though I was the only one with that problem.

For me, getting the Takes AGES sticker and achievement on the Xbox 360 requires a race first before it's logged as done. I don't know if that's a problem, but it's a little buggy.

I wonder how many bugs the patch fixed?

Hopefully the ones that are the biggest. Example: Crashing the Wii U enough to rip the power code out and the missions that everyone can't complete.

For the Outrun course, is there supposed to be an invisible wall between the sand and the road? It is annoying when you want to turn back onto the road near the end but find out you bump into a wall.

I don't know if anybody has experienced this but in samba studios I was in boat form when I activated my all-star move and when it ended I was on road but instead of transforming into a car I transformed into a boat and started grinding on the floor(at least I got to know that the boat form doesn't work on the road)tongue.png

I even taken a photo with my phone because I couldn't believed it(if someone wants to see it I can upload it here).

Edited by redhellc

I went through a glitch similar to this one, though I was playing as Tails and he was dancing while the car was spinning in the results screens. More glitches like this one please.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the Outrun course, is there supposed to be an invisible wall between the sand and the road? It is annoying when you want to turn back onto the road near the end but find out you bump into a wall.

Were you playing on splitscreen? The last part of the barrier between the roads doesn't appear in multiplayer.

I went through a glitch similar to this one, though I was playing as Tails and he was dancing while the car was spinning in the results screens. More glitches like this one please.

Lol, that is kind of hilarious XD

I don't know if anybody has experienced this but in samba studios I was in boat form when I activated my all-star move and when it ended I was on road but instead of transforming into a car I transformed into a boat and started grinding on the floor(at least I got to know that the boat form doesn't work on the road)tongue.png

I even taken a photo with my phone because I couldn't believed it(if someone wants to see it I can upload it here).

Yup! That's happened a few times with various people (me included, on the Billy Hatcher level... xD). I took a photo too (somewhere earlier in this thread, at least)!

Does anyone know if Seasonal Shrine is glitched online? Everytime that place is picked, I always get kicked for some reason. That is like the only place that I can't play in online without a guaranteed network error. Every other time, it's only random disconnects mid-race or before a race starts. Kinda annoying.

Another thing is game freezing. Made a room to race against tenchibr one time, but as soon as I picked the stage, all I saw was the background of the seaside hill place and some music playing in the background. I couldn't actually do anything besides stare at that background. The Xbox home button worked and I could still send messages to friends, so it wasn't my console I don't think.

Edited by Coral

I can play Seasonal Shrine in online just fine :/

About the second thing, if your home button worked guess it was just connection problems. I noticed, when the game is creating the track and someone leaves, it takes a lot of time to start.

I have yet to have a successful Seasonal Shrine race as well. :/

I also have a very strange issue, not one which is game-breaking by any means, but one which I find personally very annoying. On my license it says that my favorite character is Ralph and I really don't know why. I hardly ever play as him. I played through pretty much the whole game with Shadow and continued to play as him long after he was leveled up completely, it showed him as my favorite character for a long time as it should have, but then I decided to level up other characters. For some reason after Ralph became completely leveled up it started showing him as my 'favorite character' despite the fact that I only played him enough to reach that level. No matter how much I play as other characters it just keeps showing him. Has anybody else had an issue like this?

This is on the 360. I certainly hope peoples' more serious issues get resolved long before this is even addressed, but it just kinda bugs me. :/

Edit: I noticed earlier in this thread another user reported this issue, should I even bother sending a ticket to Sega or Sumo about this?

Edited by Willick Bogey

My game froze again today. Was doing the race in Grafitti City in World Tour when it stopped working during the pause screen. Restarted the game and when I went into World Tour, it tallied the stars I got before choosing that location. I decided to not play that one for awhile and instead thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to use my new stars to unlock characters. Unlocked Reala and Ages but... the achievement didn't pop immediately. I tried time attacking with Ages and Reala but nothing. It wasn't until I decided to try to replay that stage I froze on with Ages, coming in second place and losing the S rank challenge, that the achievement popped. Thank you Lord! I went to the options screen right after that, changed the volume for random things, exited to save, then did that again to force save again. Hopefully my World Tour star progress isn't messed up now because if it is... I will be so sad. ;n;

I can play Seasonal Shrine in online just fine :/

About the second thing, if your home button worked guess it was just connection problems. I noticed, when the game is creating the track and someone leaves, it takes a lot of time to start.

Maybe it's only some people. I noticed in the tournament thread that Faseeh said he's had the problem too, or at least some people during their test room. Maybe it's the occassional server hiccup? Dunno why it only affects some people though on that specific stage.

As for your second point, yeah I guess it could've been just that. I really don't know what else it could be.

I have yet to have a successful Seasonal Shrine race as well. :/

I also have a very strange issue, not one which is game-breaking by any means, but one which I find personally very annoying. On my license it says that my favorite character is Ralph and I really don't know why. I hardly ever play as him. I played through pretty much the whole game with Shadow and continued to play as him long after he was leveled up completely, it showed him as my favorite character for a long time as it should have, but then I decided to level up other characters. For some reason after Ralph became completely leveled up it started showing him as my 'favorite character' despite the fact that I only played him enough to reach that level. No matter how much I play as other characters it just keeps showing him. Has anybody else had an issue like this?

This is on the 360. I certainly hope peoples' more serious issues get resolved long before this is even addressed, but it just kinda bugs me. :/

Edit: I noticed earlier in this thread another user reported this issue, should I even bother sending a ticket to Sega or Sumo about this?

I don't know what it is about that place that the online just doesn't like for some people. Before I get the inevitable kick, I always hear the announcer say "Seasonal Shrines" while the game throws me back to the main menu with that cloudy background. Hopefully they can find a fix.

I guess if you really don't like seeing ralph on your license you could submit a ticket. Not that big of a game breaker, but it is still a bug. That's happening to me as well, only it says my fave character is Tails. Clearly I've used MeeMee much more than him but Tails is pretty awesome sooo. Not really a problem to me. :P

I've already said in the Tourney thread that Burning Depths only allows up to 6 players at a time online, probably due to the tight tunnel styled course and to keep chaos to a minimum when players are huddled together, but never encountered this Seasonal Shrine boot out...hmm.. will have to set up another test room tonight after work if anyone is interested, I'll post details shortly...

I didn't know Burning Depths had a kick too. That stage gets chosen practically every other time I've been online, and I have always been able to play it if you don't count the normal kicks that happen every once in awhile when the host leaves.

I'd like to think most of the bugs I've experienced have been pretty tame. Compared to stuff like this:

Oh goodness! xD

Edited by Coral

So, about Seasonal Shrine, I had a pretty interesting day. I finally got to play it online today with no bugs, it was swell. A few races later we're picking a track with the voting and I would just like to point out that Seasonal Shrine was not even one of the options. Halfway through the voting I get kicked off and as it's displaying the network error message I hear the announcer utter the words "Seasonal Shrine." I just don't get this game guys. So finicky.

In World Tour Twilight Engine the Death Egg challenge where you have to battle 4 characters (Knuckles first and Eggman last) in the bit where there is a massive drop in the track the AI fails to land back on the course every time and just veers off out of bounds.