Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

But my question. Why doesnt eggman use the emeralds on himself. Think about this for a moment. He is pretty strong and he is quite fast. What would happen if just for once instead of a machine or god of destruction if he simply used them on himself.

Who knows if that's even possible. The series has never explained what requirements, if any, there are for using the emeralds.
  • Thumbs Up 2

But my question. Why doesnt eggman use the emeralds on himself. Think about this for a moment. He is pretty strong and he is quite fast. What would happen if just for once instead of a machine or god of destruction if he simply used them on himself.

Odds are that humans, judging from the way the series works, cannot harness their power like the animal races (read: hedgehogs) can.  Even if they could, Eggman has no battle prowess himself, so he'd be better off giving them to Metal Sonic who wo-

Oops, Metal blew up the planet because Sonic was on it.  Now Eggman has nothing to rule.

Eggman's better off using the Emeralds to power his machines.

Can someone please tell me which episode of Sonic X this is from, it's been driving me bananas for a while now. I've watched all of Sonic X I can't even tell you how many times, and I just don't recall this.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/ce9a9f4f193f44159239a233d93980bd/l.gif

Since I didn't recall it, I assumed it was from a Japanese Episode that was cut out or something, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Who knows if that's even possible. The series has never explained what requirements, if any, there are for using the emeralds.

I think in order to use the Chaos Emeralds, one must have a link to the Chaos Force for the power to be activated from within.

(Just noticed I double posted, my bad.)

Edited by ThatOneSonicFan

Can someone please tell me which episode of Sonic X this is from, it's been driving me bananas for a while now. I've watched all of Sonic X I can't even tell you how many times, and I just don't recall this.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/ce9a9f4f193f44159239a233d93980bd/l.gif

Since I didn't recall it, I assumed it was from a Japanese Episode that was cut out or something, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

It's from the second Japanese intro (at 2:59). I'm pretty sure it was created for intro purposes only.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since you can just find rings spinning suspended in the air. and usually in groups, why is that currency? You don't work for it, you don't earn it you just... pluck it out of the air... or hit the switch in station square over and over for infinite rings? (  I guess this question goes out to Mario, Zelda, and any other series that also has money just floating around ) 

Do small animals talk too or is it just the bigger ones like Sonic and Co? What's even the difference between Sonic, The small animals in the Eggman machines, and other animals like froggy and the huge crocodile of frog forest? I seriously want to know the nature of Sonic, and the other talking animal's race. And what their relation to humans, and the smaller, dumber animals are. I mean they obviously can have a working relationship, seeing as how Rouge worked for the president. But we've yet to see any NPCs outside of Rush Adventure, which was in a different dimension anyway.

Was black doom always just a floating torso or did something happen to his legs? The other black arms have legs so... ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Rings tend to be more of a power source, it's only the odd game that makes them some sort of currency because they probably can't think up any other currency.

All the small animals talk as evidenced by the comics and manga.

Having no legs and floating ominously tends to be a design choice to make a character more threatening, more of a sign of a great power/evil if they can effortlessly support their bodyweight, like a giant wasp; however, creatures that tend to be just an eye or something while also floating tend to be seen as flies and worthless. The more features they have while floating around like that tends to make them appear like a powerful foe, I guess good examples come from the Final Fantasy series where this design choice is seen a hell of a lot of times throughout for final bosses or secretive ultimate bosses (but not always, just mostly).

The comics aren't canon though. In the games it's implied that the small animals are feral, so I'm pretty sure they aren't able to talk. Kind of a good thing too, otherwise where would Sonic get chili dogs?

The comics aren't canon though. In the games it's implied that the small animals are feral, so I'm pretty sure they aren't able to talk. Kind of a good thing too, otherwise where would Sonic get chili dogs?

Well shit, I never actually thought about Sonic, a guy who runs around saving animals, eating things made from said animals. I don't think Sonic has been told that hotdogs may contain trace amounts of Picky.

Well shit, I never actually thought about Sonic, a guy who runs around saving animals, eating things made from said animals. I don't think Sonic has been told that hotdogs may contain trace amounts of Picky.

I don't know about that. In Unleashed, there are butchers in Spagonia that not only have various cuts of meat displayed prominently in their displays but also images featuring real pigs and cows. You can even see a pig's head on one shelf inside one butcher's. There's a distinction between cartoony Picky's and realistic livestock utilized as meat. Call it an egregious case of furry confusion.

I am sure they were given names in the Japanese manual like they were sentient haha.

Here's a tough question:

Are Classic and Modern Eggman the same age?

I would think not, but if anything, I would think Modern is younger and more hip with it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they are, or they are at least very similar ages. It's like classic and modern sonic, technically they are around the same age, for the same reason mario doesn't have a stated age, they want to keep the series going as long as possible.

I'm more curious about the good doctor's age. All the other characters have an age, even Tikal is said to be 'physically 14' despite being over 4000 years old, but whatabout Eggman, the second most well-known character in the series if not tied with Sonic?

i'm not sure how old eggman is but what i would like to know is how old is Light gaia as it never said i mean he's been inside the core of the earth for millions of years, i would say Eggmans about 80 or over but i'll never know.

Yeah, I assumed 40-50's as he looked up to his grandfather, so that means he was either young before he went insane and executed or the news was still fresh, ( I'd imagine the government would want it to hush up pretty quickly)

I always thought there were 3 types of animals on sonics planet: the Sonic ones, which are more human than animal, the small animals, which are like pet-grade animals, and the regular animals we have on earth that they can eat! (I have wondered about that myself!)smile.png

I Do have a question though, Is there anyone else who thinks Knuckles' theme song is something Knuckles probably wouldn't like himself? i dunno, i think it sounds a little bit to much city-slicker for a mountain boy like him... i think country music would be more in line with his jeep-driving, mountain-climbing personality. What about you?

My unanswered quest is what's in the chili dogs that Sonic likes to eat?

According to wikipedia here are the basic ingredients for the hot dog:

• Meat trimmings and fat
  • Flavorings, such as salt, garlic, and paprika
  • Preservatives (cure) - typically sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite

and of course, chili is made of beef, chili powder, garlic, onion and beans.(although, considering sonic is a gotta get done kind of person, he probablygets his from a can!) yum!

And here, from sonic news network, is sonic's recepie from archie comics:

Chili Dog a la Sonic:
  • Brown 1 lb ground beef
  • Add ½ cup each of chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms (brown lightly)
  • Add 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
  • Add 8 oz barbecue sauce
  • Simmer ½ hour
  • Add 1 teaspoon each of chili powder, cumin, oregano
  • Add 1 large can red kidney beans (drained)
  • Simmer 1 hour
  • Add hot dogs
  • Cook 15 minutes in sauce
  • Put on toasted roll
  • (melted cheese optional)

On the topic of Eggman's age, by Sonic 1 he was probably already an old man(at least late 30's to late 40's) so by the recent games, he wouldn't show much change by age(not counting the obvious huge art style changes such as height and size of certain body parts) but rather his personality or things like change in mindset, attitude, tone of voice, or even the type of clothing he wears.

Modern is much crazier compared to his much more calm Classic younger self.

On the topic of Eggman's age, by Sonic 1 he was probably already an old man(at least late 30's to late 40's) so by the recent games, he wouldn't show much change by age(not counting the obvious huge art style changes such as height and size of certain body parts) but rather his personality or things like change in mindset, attitude, tone of voice, or even the type of clothing he wears.

Modern is much crazier compared to his much more calm Classic younger self.

That is a good guess, but I have to guess that he would be closer to 60, only because in the game SA2, the events of Gerald Robotnik happened 50 years before, and Eggman knew Maria, therefore, he must be at least 55, if he would remember her.

That is a good guess, but I have to guess that he would be closer to 60, only because in the game SA2, the events of Gerald Robotnik happened 50 years before, and Eggman knew Maria, therefore, he must be at least 55, if he would remember her.

Thank you for correcting me, I keep forgetting about Sa2's story and how Eggman still remembers that stuff, but my point still stands.

Also, can anyone provide a valid reason as to why Sonic can't wall jump off of most walls in Generations? He could do that in Colours. with the wall jumps, you can be creative and have one more option to approach platforming, it just seems odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for correcting me, I keep forgetting about Sa2's story and how Eggman still remembers that stuff, but my point still stands.

Also, can anyone provide a valid reason as to why Sonic can't wall jump off of most walls in Generations? He could do that in Colours. with the wall jumps, you can be creative and have one more option to approach platforming, it just seems odd.

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do9qvfcI4NQ

Knuckles tells you why! He gained weight! haha, just kidding!

What exactly makes the Acorn Republic a republic? The government is a constitutional monarchy, so shouldn't it still be a kingdom?

Edited by ElectroKyurem

What exactly makes the Acorn Republic a republic? The government is a constitutional monarchy, so shouldn't it still be a kingdom?

It has the acorn council if that counts.