Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

^Of course that is the one I ment.

it is hard to be specific because I don't know what it is.

• 4 months later...

Okay so, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this but I don't know where else to ask.

Has anyone been able to figure out if this picture of Mighty is just fan art?

tumblr_o60cjnXQ5M1ruihjfo1_540.png

Aaron Webber posted this on Twitter on Knuckles Chaotix's 21st anniversary.

I wouldn't put it past them to just use some fan art since it's happened before. But me being me, I tend to look at fan art a lot in my spare time. Especially of Sonic characters because I'm a dork. And I've never seen this piece of Mighty art before. I mean, it'd be strange if they had Uekawa go and make a new render of Mighty, but then use super old artwork for the others, wouldn't it? I mean, that Knuckles art is from SA2. Crazy old. Those stock renders of Espio, Vector, and Charmy have been around for years too. 

Plus the way Mighty is drawn, it looks like Uekawa's more modern and more developed style. Namely, thinner, more varied line weight.

I mean, compare this

latest?cb=20100212154915

to this

latest?cb=20151216064236

You guys know what I mean right? Anyway, is that piece of Mighty art official, or just some fan art that I've never seen before? I know there are a TON of fan artists that try and mimic Yuji Uekawa's art style. I could post loads of Mighty renders that fan artists have made to try and look 'official' that I've seen through the years. But I've never seen that one. Let alone one quite that good.

On 5/27/2016 at 2:41 AM, Beautiful Duwang-Chewchang said:

1. did they ever acknowledge the series's individual games as a whole take place in its own universe without even following another game's continuity? ala the godzilla movie series. or final fantasy.

I think what you're talking about is the series bible? In that file, it states that games like Sonic Adventure and Sonic Unleashed, where Sonic is around people and cities take place on "Earth", and they take place on the same Earth. Then games like Heroes and Lost World, where Sonic isn't around people or cities takes place on a Mobius (I would guess) like planet, again all taking place on the same.

Actually now that I think of it, Lost World is on a different planet but still in the same universe that Heroes would take place in...

Maybe I'm explaining it wrong. It's kind of like there's 2 different Sonics. One is fighting Metal Overlord on "Mobius" while the other is rolling around at the speed of sound on Earth. I think Hogfather wrote an article on it several months ago.

Oh, it's not an article, it was a thread. Here's a quote of what he wrote about it.

There are 'Two Worlds' in the Sonic-Verse

This has been confirmed by Ruby just a few weeks ago. In the Sonic-Verse, there are two worlds or planets,

One is an earth like human world which looks very similar to our own and has humans all over it. These are your Sonic Adventures, Sonic Unleashed, Shadow etc. 

Then you have 'Sonic's World.' These are worlds which would look totally alien to our world, no/little humans, crazy colours, concepts, rules etc. Think games like Sonic Colours and Sonic Lost World.

Now these two worlds are 'connected' in a strange way, according to the bible, they are separated by a 'gate' what happens on one world, doesn't happen on the other,* So whilst the Deadly Six appear in 'Sonic's World' the 'Human World' has never heard of them. So this sorta explains why in some games we see something happening, then in the next game there's no reference or mention to it.

* Since events on these worlds are closed, we don't know if there are 'two' sonics' on these worlds, or if one Sonic is able to pass from one to another, or if both Sonic's share memories.. ... I told you there would be contradictions/complications with this bible.

And to finish things off, here's a link to the thread to join the discussion! Hope this answers your question.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd just like to know why Solaris, who is/was a god, couldn't hurt Super Sonic; while Perfect Dark Gaia could. Let's talk about that, haha.

Solaris can damage the Super hogs though and besides we wouldn't really know if that were the case outside of a gameplay perspective and we probably never will.

Last I checked, Solaris couldn't hurt the supers. But one shot from Dark Gaia would take a chunk out of Super Sonic's health.

I remember getting damage from the boss fight quite well. Especially when it came to fighting it as Super Silver because that was a pretty tedious part to do from what I recall 

• 10 months later...

You know what's the most impressive thing about My Little Pony fandom? Every background character and 'super form" has a name and it's 90% consistent among the fandom.

On that subject, what is the "closest thing to canon/most popular" name of that wolf? And just to make it clear, I'm asking for WOLF. Not Custom Hero/Avatar, wolf.

I think "Gadget the Wolf" is the closest I heard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gadget, Buddy, and Rookie seem to be the most common names for him.

The first based on his accessories, the other two based on what Sonic would presumably call him in game to avoid using an actual name.

I like Clark.

Since he looks like Clark Kent. Yet swings like Spiderman.

Parker bring me pictures. Pictures of Clark Kent the Wolf Man!

• Promotion 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I wonder why in Sonic Adventure 2, Eggman has a rocket for getting to the Space Colony ARK..... when he already has a teleporter in his base that also takes him to the ARK? Was the rocket a backup plan in case the teleporter failed?

Another thing I wonder is: Why are there so many bathrooms in the Egg Carrier? :lol:

On 13/10/2016 at 2:53 PM, FantasticMrRobb said:

I think what you're talking about is the series bible? In that file, it states that games like Sonic Adventure and Sonic Unleashed, where Sonic is around people and cities take place on "Earth", and they take place on the same Earth. Then games like Heroes and Lost World, where Sonic isn't around people or cities takes place on a Mobius (I would guess) like planet, again all taking place on the same.

Actually now that I think of it, Lost World is on a different planet but still in the same universe that Heroes would take place in...

Maybe I'm explaining it wrong. It's kind of like there's 2 different Sonics. One is fighting Metal Overlord on "Mobius" while the other is rolling around at the speed of sound on Earth. I think Hogfather wrote an article on it several months ago.

Oh, it's not an article, it was a thread. Here's a quote of what he wrote about it.

And to finish things off, here's a link to the thread to join the discussion! Hope this answers your question.

It doesn't seem to be clear if it's two Sonics or one though.

36 minutes ago, JohnSMan said:

And how do the hedgehog characters prevent their pupils from overlapping when their eyes are conjoined?

Iizuka's said Sonic actually has two eyeballs. So.. maybe their actually just very close together.

I see.....

Another unanswered mystery..... why did a genius like Professor Gerald think it would be a good idea to make a deal with Black Doom?

1 hour ago, JohnSMan said:

I see.....

Another unanswered mystery..... why did a genius like Professor Gerald think it would be a good idea to make a deal with Black Doom?

I think it was more of him being desperate than anything and besides he made the cannon to kill him afterwards sooo.

1 hour ago, Joellui said:

I think it was more of him being desperate than anything and besides he made the cannon to kill him afterwards sooo.

If Gerald had lived, would he have become angry enough to destroy the universe and not just the world? 

15 hours ago, JohnSMan said:

I see.....

I'm assuming it was for the same reason he started Project Shadow. From what I understand, he started researching immortality in the hopes of finding a cure for Maria who had a fatal illness. He must've been struggling and in desperation, made a deal with Black Doom.