Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Can the Spindash hurt any of the Zeti?.

31 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Given there's no space between the 'encounter' and the next line, I doubt anything even transpired. Espio probably saw Infinite going past above or something. 

Yeah, I admittedly realized that after I posted. :lol: 

On 31/03/2018 at 4:51 PM, DabigRG said:

Have Wisps ever actually been on Sonic's World outside of the White Wisps?

Sonic Forces featured many other types of Wisps, only in the Avatar stages.  The Wispons may not be Wisps, but you still have to rescue real Wisps from capsules in the stages to activate their Colour Powers.

On 09/04/2018 at 9:24 PM, DabigRG said:

To someone who knows how to do gamedelving and/or modding, is there a special texture for Zomom, Zik, Zeena, and Zor in the earlier cutscenes that can be manipulated/editted?

Not sure what you mean/why you'd want this but unless there's odd leftovers in the game files (like how you can hack the game to access Eggman's laboratory as a map file even though it only appears in pre-rendered video files in-game) probably not, since like most recent Sonic games, all the cut-scenes in Lost World were pre-recorded video files.

On 10/04/2018 at 12:06 AM, Honey_Flash said:

Was the whole reason to gather those Chaos Emeralds in the very first Sonic game, was just to make some flowers bloom?

the looking both ways expression, Sonic had on his face probably suggested something else.

The objective was more to keep them out of Eggman's hands, since the ending implies that if Sonic doesn't collect them, Eggman eventually manages to and uses them for nefarious deeds.  The good ending just shows that in Sonic's good-natured hands, the emeralds just cause Green Hill to burst with even more natural life (albeit in a very basically animated way coz... old video game lol).

On 11/04/2018 at 7:59 PM, DabigRG said:

Why was Tails working on Omega with a hammer?

A hammer is a very typical basic tool in a toolkit, and you never see Tails actually using it.  It's just on the floor with several other tools.

34 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Sonic Forces featured many other types of Wisps, only in the Avatar stages.  The Wispons may not be Wisps, but you still have to rescue real Wisps from capsules in the stages to activate their Colour Powers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that detail.

35 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Not sure what you mean/why you'd want this but unless there's odd leftovers in the game files (like how you can hack the game to access Eggman's laboratory as a map file even though it only appears in pre-rendered video files in-game) probably not, since like most recent Sonic games, all the cut-scenes in Lost World were pre-recorded video files.

Hm...very true.

I just assumed that it would've been an actual tenture since they move around and emote in the background.

35 minutes ago, JezMM said:

A hammer is a very typical basic tool in a toolkit, and you never see Tails actually using it.  It's just on the floor with several other tools.

Fair enough. I just noticed that it was oddly close to Omega and raised a question mark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you think Perci being a pretty obvious SEGA Knockoff was because she was gonna be one of the hedgehog people at one point?

• Fist Bump 1

I just realized something: Sonic Forces' story was written and directed by Sega of Japan, right? Doesn't that mean they also wrote the scene where Sonic finds Infinite?

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I just realized something: Sonic Forces' story was written and directed by Sega of Japan, right? Doesn't that mean they also wrote the scene where Sonic finds Infinite?

The dialogue was probably slightly different in the original Japanese script but yes, why's that scene in particular so important?

20 minutes ago, JezMM said:

The dialogue was probably slightly different in the original Japanese script but yes, why's that scene in particular so important?

Because Infinite can smell your "fear."

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Because Infinite can smell your "fear."

Seems that line is more or less intact in the Japanese script according to a fansub on youtube (though Sonic's response is different). What's so special about that line?

3 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Seems that line is more or less intact in the Japanese script according to a fansub on youtube (though Sonic's response is different). What's so special about that line?

Nothing really, just alluding to Sonic's Response. But now that you've said that, how was the line originally?

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Nothing really, just alluding to Sonic's Response. But now that you've said that, how was the line originally?

Well I'm now thoroughly confused as to why that was so important for you to know but okay lol.  While Sonic still sniffs his armpit (obviously the animations wouldn't change), in the Japanese version he simply responds with "That must be your imagination" which is kind of a shame because the "I ran here" line was one of the funniest in the game imo, in no small part due to Roger's delivery.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, DabigRG said:

What issue is this from and wth?

X4-5.jpg

Sonic X #4. Eggman turned all the human characters into robots. It's...a trip.

23 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Well I'm now thoroughly confused as to why that was so important for you to know but okay lol.  While Sonic still sniffs his armpit (obviously the animations wouldn't change), in the Japanese version he simply responds with "That must be your imagination" which is kind of a shame because the "I ran here" line was one of the funniest in the game imo, in no small part due to Roger's delivery.

It was just a random thought I had and decided to ask about from people who'd know. Like half of the 69 pages here.

In Sonic and the Black Knight, why can't you use a shield like an actual knight? Or at the very least be able to dual wield the other knights weapons along with Caliburn?

11 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

In Sonic and the Black Knight, why can't you use a shield like an actual knight? Or at the very least be able to dual wield the other knights weapons along with Caliburn?

Because they only programmed most of the characters to use a One-handed style, ala the standard and/or the Wiimote.

Well that's the obvious answer, still no reason for not having a shield, though.

7 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Well that's the obvious answer, still no reason for not having a shield, though.

Well... Sonic's a speedy offensive guy, not one to weigh himself down with extra equipment. Caliburn is a rare exception.

Why did so many of the Battle Cock (Kukku) army have wings instead of arms, opposable toes, or were incredibly small?

Was there some genetic engineering going on?

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Why did so many of the Battle Cock (Kukku) army have wings instead of arms, opposable toes, or were incredibly small?

Was there some genetic engineering going on?

Perhaps the Battle Kukku were made up of multiple different sub-species? That said, they did have a crazy scientist on board....

Speaking of Battle Kukku: their island fortress  thing in Tails Adventure could only float with all seven chaos emeralds, so, could the Battle Kukku Fortress be an artificial replica of Angel Island? 

• Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

On 5/5/2018 at 7:19 AM, A person, that exists said:

Speaking of Battle Kukku: their island fortress  thing in Tails Adventure could only float with all seven chaos emeralds

Where did you get this from?

Tails Adventures only has 6 Chaos Emeralds, for one thing.

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Do you think Vector was truly able to find God?

Since that version was wiped out of Canon and the modern version isn't religious, no. 

• Fist Bump 1