Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

13 minutes ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

How does Sky Sanctuary float? Can't be from the Master Emerald since Eggman steals it right before you go there.

...It isn't actually in the sky?

42 minutes ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

How does Sky Sanctuary float? Can't be from the Master Emerald since Eggman steals it right before you go there.

I thought that that was why it was falling to pieces - that the Master Emerald did keep it afloat, and without it, it was slowly falling to pieces.

The Sanctury also seems to have some sort of more advanced ancient tech underpinning it, if Generations is anything to go by, so it may have been able to stay afloat for a short period without the Master Emerald, essentially 'running on empty' a little longer before collapsing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, Nestor said:

I thought that that was why it was falling to pieces - that the Master Emerald did keep it afloat, and without it, it was slowly falling to pieces.

The Sanctury also seems to have some sort of more advanced ancient tech underpinning it, if Generations is anything to go by, so it may have been able to stay afloat for a short period without the Master Emerald, essentially 'running on empty' a little longer before collapsing.

So by the time Sonic boards the Death Egg did it completely fall down to the island? That probably made a big mess.

4 hours ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

So by the time Sonic boards the Death Egg did it completely fall down to the island? That probably made a big mess.

Sky Sanctuary seems to float alongside Angel Island rather than above it (in Knuckles's story in S&K we see the island in the background) so it probably fell into the sea rather than onto Angel Island itself. 

It hadn't completely disintegrated when Sonic and Tails boarded the Death Egg however - there was still at least a small section left afterwards in Knuckles's S&K story where he fights Mecha Sonic and recovers the Master Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really a "lore" question, but why was the series so obsessed with Middle Eastern stuff for a while there? There was Iblis in 06, the Ifrit in Rivals, Babylon in Riders, ALL of Secret Rings, the pyramid area in SA2, etc. 

• Fist Bump 1

38 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

Not really a "lore" question, but why was the series so obsessed with Middle Eastern stuff for a while there? There was Iblis in 06, the Ifrit in Rivals, Babylon in Riders, ALL of Secret Rings, the pyramid area in SA2, etc. 

Cool aesthetic

Does the Master Emerald actually need to be connected to something for Angel Island to float or does it just need to be in Knuckles possession to suffice?

On 7/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, Nestor said:

Sky Sanctuary seems to float alongside Angel Island rather than above it (in Knuckles's story in S&K we see the island in the background) so it probably fell into the sea rather than onto Angel Island itself. 

It hadn't completely disintegrated when Sonic and Tails boarded the Death Egg however - there was still at least a small section left afterwards in Knuckles's S&K story where he fights Mecha Sonic and recovers the Master Emerald.

...Huh. I suppose that makes sense.

It also raises questions about what the heck Sky Sanctuary actually is, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Does the Master Emerald actually need to be connected to something for Angel Island to float or does it just need to be in Knuckles possession to suffice?

...Huh. I suppose that makes sense.

It also raises questions about what the heck Sky Sanctuary actually is, though.

It seems like the Master Emerald actually needs to physically be on the island for it to work - when it was taken to the remnants of the Sky Sanctuary by Mecha Sonic, Angel Island began to wobble and become unstable.

As to what Sky Sanctuary actually is, that's a bit more difficult; it seems to be some sort of outpost orbitting Angel Island, but the presence of more advanced technology underlying it would imply it was created after the island first rose.

While the echidnas of Tikal's time were advanced for their era but not by modern standards, we actually know nothing about what happened during the 4,000 years between the Chaos disaster and the island rising and the present day - it could be that the Knuckles clan became scientifically advanced over the millenia and were able to create structures of more sophisticated technology.

• Nice Smile 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

And they have to be pretty advanced if they were able to create teleportation devices. Which make me wonder if there's more of them which take you to other parts of the island? Why just Hidden Palace and Sky Sanctuary?

1 hour ago, Nestor said:

It seems like the Master Emerald actually needs to physically be on the island for it to work - when it was taken to the remnants of the Sky Sanctuary by Mecha Sonic, Angel Island began to wobble and become unstable.

As to what Sky Sanctuary actually is, that's a bit more difficult; it seems to be some sort of outpost orbitting Angel Island, but the presence of more advanced technology underlying it would imply it was created after the island first rose.

While the echidnas of Tikal's time were advanced for their era but not by modern standards, we actually know nothing about what happened during the 4,000 years between the Chaos disaster and the island rising and the present day - it could be that the Knuckles clan became scientifically advanced over the millenia and were able to create structures of more sophisticated technology.

Hm...what does that remind me of....

1 hour ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

And they have to be pretty advanced if they were able to create teleportation devices. Which make me wonder if there's more of them which take you to other parts of the island? Why just Hidden Palace and Sky Sanctuary?

Well, those are two of the areas where the Master Emerald can be kept.

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, those are two of the areas where the Master Emerald can be kept.

I wouldn't say Sky Sanctuary was a place meant for the Master Emerald to be kept. At least not in the area Knuckles fought Mecha Sonic. It doesn't look like any kind of alter, it just looks like Eggman stuck it on top of an old pillar. 

1 hour ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

I wouldn't say Sky Sanctuary was a place meant for the Master Emerald to be kept. At least not in the area Knuckles fought Mecha Sonic. It doesn't look like any kind of alter, it just looks like Eggman stuck it on top of an old pillar. 

Wouldn't Knuckles have been the one to have placed it there?

After all, Eggman took the Emerald specifically to use as a powersource aboard the Death Egg and once Sonic caught up to him , repeatedly tried to flee with it before finally being defeated. Sonic and Tails then brought it back to Angel Island so Knuckles could restore it.

Of course, Knuckles was later attacked by The Eggrobo Suit in the Sky Santuary and eventually had to fight Mecha Sonic next to where the Emerald had been placed. ...Which raises another question now that I think about.

My unanswered question is who even made this render?
latest?cb=20180211222554&path-prefix=pl

Like seriously I don't think I have ever seen such bad official render like this. I mean how do you even fuck this up? You have to try super hard to somehow make Tails not look adorable. It's one of the easiest things to get right that every other render before could do. Colors, Generations, Lost World, all of them were fine...but this one....this is what I would see on an Anti-Tails fan club of some sort. A render or picture, or at least a good one should basically get across a characters traits, current emotion, feelings, etc. This is the render of someone giving you an annoying stern talking to that you want to filter out. Hell this would pretty much fit perfectly with the Sonic Lost World Dialogue he had that no one likes. "You trust Eggman more than me bleh bleh bleeeeeh how could you bleeeeeh."

Gonna steal borrow Rogers comparison that this really is brainy smurf.

latest?cb=20150814174505

"Papa Smurf said Bleh bleh bleh bleeeeeeeh"

Ugh this isn't even close to the worst thing about Forces anyways and is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things...but still even cruder drawings from kids which while not look as clean and polished, still convey a better message than...THAT. If they wanted a serious look render, just go with this.

Spoiler

DOEMDnvW0AIkZgI.jpg

It gives off the serious vibe of the one of the game. It still looks adorable as no matter how hard Tails tries to look serious or angry he still looks cute. It shows off speed from the fast moving tails as well as flight as they move in the rotary motion. The only problem is none of this would be portrayed in the game at all. But honestly neither was the Forces render. Tails was a wuss and never really got angry or lecture brainy. That render fits Sonic Lost World better. Maybe they oughta have switched Lost Worlds and Forces renders for accuracy XD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

16 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

My unanswered question is who even made this render?
latest?cb=20180211222554&path-prefix=pl

Like seriously I don't think I have ever seen such bad official render like this. I mean how do you even fuck this up? You have to try super hard to somehow make Tails not look adorable. It's one of the easiest things to get right that every other render before could do. Colors, Generations, Lost World, all of them were fine...but this one....this is what I would see on an Anti-Tails fan club of some sort. A render or picture, or at least a good one should basically get across a characters traits, current emotion, feelings, etc. This is the render of someone giving you an annoying stern talking to that you want to filter out. Hell this would pretty much fit perfectly with the Sonic Lost World Dialogue he had that no one likes. "You trust Eggman more than me bleh bleh bleeeeeh how could you bleeeeeh."

Gonna steal borrow Rogers comparison that this really is brainy smurf.

latest?cb=20150814174505

"Papa Smurf said Bleh bleh bleh bleeeeeeeh"

Ugh this isn't even close to the worst thing about Forces anyways and is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things...but still even cruder drawings from kids which while not look as clean and polished, still convey a better message than...THAT. If they wanted a serious look render, just go with this.

Reveal hidden contents

DOEMDnvW0AIkZgI.jpg

It gives off the serious vibe of the one of the game. It still looks adorable as no matter how hard Tails tries to look serious or angry he still looks cute. It shows off speed from the fast moving tails as well as flight as they move in the rotary motion. The only problem is none of this would be portrayed in the game at all. But honestly neither was the Forces render. Tails was a wuss and never really got angry or lecture brainy. That render fits Sonic Lost World better. Maybe they oughta have switched Lost Worlds and Forces renders for accuracy XD

I'm pretty sure the intention was to make Tails look serious there. Something I don't think any other game has actually done before.

And honestly, from a distance, I looks more like he's blankly asking a question.

• Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I'm pretty sure the intention was to make Tails look serious there. Something I don't think any other game has actually done before.

And honestly, from a distance, I looks more like he's blankly asking a question.

Maybe due to lack of eyebrows which help convey emotion in images.

Though I don't see that as blankly asking a question. That gesture is more for pointing for a lecture, accusations, or interrogating. Asking a question is more of a open handed gesture, at least if you want to be more polite. Finger raising has been used for asking a question, but usually by someone rude or unpleasant. A finger usually is more stern and to the point as it were. While an open hand usually is gentler and well, more open to discussion if it were XD. There's a reason in class the teachers say raise your hands if you have a question and not a finger XD. Or at least in my schools and upraising it was looked down upon to use a finger.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Maybe due to lack of eyebrows which help convey emotion in images.

Ch'yeah, pretty much. :lol: 

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Though I don't see that as blankly asking a question. That gesture is more for pointing for a lecture, accusations, or interrogating. Asking a question is more of a open handed gesture, at least if you want to be more polite. Finger raising has been used for asking a question, but usually by someone rude or unpleasant. A finger usually is more stern and to the point as it were. While an open hand usually is gentler and well, more open to discussion if it were XD. There's a reason in class the teachers say raise your hands if you have a question and not a finger XD. Or at least in my schools and upraising it was looked down upon to use a finger.

Huh. Fair enough.

Guess Tails forgot to take his Hands lessons.

• Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Wouldn't Knuckles have been the one to have placed it there?

My reading of that scene was that the Egg Robo or Mecha Sonic had stolen the Master Emerald and taken it to the remnant of Sky Sanctuary - Angel Island is tilting wildly in the background and barely able to stay aloft, so it seems like it being there wasn't something Knuckles intended.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Would you say Amy and her various skillsets and/or portrayals are an example of how some series seem to struggle and/or try too hard to make their heroine/main female notable?

Potential BS waiting to happen here, but should Sonic Rush have been a game starring Sonic and Amy?

As in Uña Nova.

• 2 weeks later...

Say, if Modern and Classic are separate dimensions, does that mean Amy never takes considerable levels in badass?

• Thumbs Up 1

On July 16, 2018 at 11:22 AM, DabigRG said:

Would you say Amy and her various skillsets and/or portrayals are an example of how some series seem to struggle and/or try too hard to make their heroine/main female notable?

Can this really be blamed on that when the series hardly seems interested in giving any importance to anyone who was not introduced in the Genesis trilogy or who does not look like the spitting image of Sonic with a different color palette?

IMO, Amy's potential has always gone to waste in this franchise for all the wrong reasons, and she's not the only character that suffers of this kind of neglect from Sonic Team. Just look at others like Rouge or the Chaotix. Even Blaze, who despite having her own dimension, her own set of  candy colored rocks and her very own superform that is not simply turning blonde super saiyan is pretty much ignored.

Anyway, something that I don't think was ever addressed in Sonic Advance 2: why did Eggman kidnap Vanilla? I mean, this is not the case like with the other characters/little animals that sometimes end up in the wrong place and time, but rather, it's a situation where Eggman seemed pretty darn determined to have Vanilla by all means. It's not like she has some particular use such as having some knowledge that could be useful to the doc's plans given that she's just an ordinary mother of a little girl whose dad when never got to know and... Ohhhhh, could that be the reason? : O

• Nice Smile 1

18 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Can this really be blamed on that when the series hardly seems interested in giving any importance to anyone who was not introduced in the Genesis trilogy or who does not look like the spitting image of Sonic with a different color palette?

latest?cb=20180223214456&path-prefix=pro

Hey @Skull Leader, if looking like a palette swap of Sonic is necessary to get some attention then we should switch back to Amy's classic design so she gets more use Xb

Jokes aside, I kind of do wonder why SEGA/Sonic Team is willing to use her classic imagery everywhere but in the games themselves. I have little doubt that is part of why she lacks a proper Mania cameo and just can't wrap my head around why when they use her classic design in so many other places.

10 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

latest?cb=20180223214456&path-prefix=pro

Hey @Skull Leader, if looking like a palette swap of Sonic is necessary to get some attention then we should switch back to Amy's classic design so she gets more use Xb

Jokes aside, I kind of do wonder why SEGA/Sonic Team is willing to use her classic imagery everywhere but in the games themselves. I have little doubt that is part of why she lacks a proper Mania cameo and just can't wrap my head around why when they use her classic design in so many other places.

Eww, her name doesn't start with the letter "S", plus she's a girl and has a color that doesn't look edgy or badass. DX (jokes aside, the dress changes Amy's silouhette, while Shadow esentially looks Sonic with superform style quills and a much more exact match in terms of visuals, something I say played a huge part in him becoming popular)

I think that's because most promotional material is done by Sega of America, such as the (cancelled) Megadrive comic. Also while not her classic self, Amy gets a fair share of attention in the comics, with the post reboot Archie as well as the IDW comic doing a better job with her and the rest of the cast than the embarrassing performance of the games, which is funny since that is the spurce material and in terms of storytelling and characterization, it gets beaten pretty hard by other media such as the comics.

The games do bother me though because Amy delivers on both being a "main" type of character whose motivation to get involved is as legit as Tails and can contribute to stories by playing the other traits of her characters (much like in the Adventure games where, surprisingly, she solves things without the needs of smashing heads and even leaves an impact on characters that causes them to make a change) as well as having the gameplay aspect covered ever since she gained the Piko hammer, with Advance being what I feel establishes the definitive base reference to her game abilities. You'd think she was the most obvious choice to be included as a playable in something like Mania right after Tails and Knuckles. Unfortunately, the developers had other ideas and opted for, IMO, less interesting choices.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, DabigRG said:

That depends on which skillsets or portrayals your talking about from which game I don't feel that there struggling or trying to hard to make a heroine just that there different from male heroes.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, DabigRG said:

Potential BS waiting to happen here, but should Sonic Rush have been a game starring Sonic and Amy?

As in Uña Nova.

Would have been better to me making use of what they already have.

2 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

IMO, Amy's potential has always gone to waste in this franchise for all the wrong reasons, and she's not the only character that suffers of this kind of neglect from Sonic Team. Just look at others like Rouge or the Chaotix. Even Blaze, who despite having her own dimension, her own set of  candy colored rocks and her very own superform that is not simply turning blonde super saiyan is pretty much ignored.

Holy shit, you're JUST getting to that?

And yes because this mainly refers to when they actually did have characters like her, Rouge, and Chaotix frequently around and affecting the plot density(?).

Or hell, just look at her own portrayal in things like StC, Heroes, Archie preboot, and Boom. 

2 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

Anyway, something that I don't think was ever addressed in Sonic Advance 2: why did Eggman kidnap Vanilla? I mean, this is not the case like with the other characters/little animals that sometimes end up in the wrong place and time, but rather, it's a situation where Eggman seemed pretty darn determined to have Vanilla by all means. It's not like she has some particular use such as having some knowledge that could be useful to the doc's plans given that she's just an ordinary mother of a little girl whose dad when never got to know and... Ohhhhh, could that be the reason? : O

😑

Yeah, I've seen people come to that conclusion too.

33 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

That depends on which skillsets or portrayals your talking about from which game I don't feel that there struggling or trying to hard to make a heroine just that there different from male heroes.

I was referring to how she has a notable track record of pulling new skills out of her ass.

Also, it was an observation of media in general, using Amy as a jump off.