Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Why was Shattered Crystal called Shattered Crystal?

Because the main collectables of the game were shattered pieces of a powerful crystal that Lyric wanted to use for his own purposes.

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably already been answered in this thread before, but why is that DiC didn't make any of the SatAM characters resemble Sonic or Tails in body shape? I mean, it isn't like there weren't examples elsewhere of noodle limb characters to use as a basis, not that Sonic really had noodle limbs in SatAM...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2018 at 6:46 PM, Sonic Fan J said:

Reaping a question from a status update first, but did GUN have a super engineer who designed all of their robots or was it a team or something?

While I imagine they do have a dedicated robotics team, GUN also had the services of Professor Gerald Robotnik and the ARK research team at their disposal at one point who I would assume made some major advances in their robot tech.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because they are a Japan based company so Japan counts as the domestic market. Unless of course you meant Sonic games to which the answer still isn't really that different. I find a more pressing question is why doesn't SEGA release more games outside of Japan.

49 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Because they are a Japan based company so Japan counts as the domestic market. Unless of course you meant Sonic games to which the answer still isn't really that different. I find a more pressing question is why doesn't SEGA release more games outside of Japan.

Yeah, should've specified Sonic.

Frogs are like 90% water so they're basically almost exactly the same thing.

e: serious question actually, what would Chaos 0 look like with his tail and why have we never seen that? I mean I guess I already know the answer to the latter, they'd want to keep his design consistent with how people remember him (and they probably didn't want to make another model just for the scene at the end of SA), but still.

Might be a gamedelver question: Looking at the cutscene where Omega comes back, is Infinite just a specially made avatar model?

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Frogs are like 90% water so they're basically almost exactly the same thing.

e: serious question actually, what would Chaos 0 look like with his tail and why have we never seen that? I mean I guess I already know the answer to the latter, they'd want to keep his design consistent with how people remember him (and they probably didn't want to make another model just for the scene at the end of SA), but still.

Didn't he have it at the end of the game, where it was essentially an oval nub?

44 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Didn't he have it at the end of the game, where it was essentially an oval nub?

I'm pretty sure he's always got a little butt nub, and that's just meant to be the stump of his lost tail.

e: here's a pretty good shot of it:

GUhvuUO.jpg

Either that's a stump and we never see him with a tail, or that's a sad little tail that he shouldn't have at this point in the story.

• Chuckle 1

Hmm... I got one.

What are the status of Echidna in Blaze's dimension? It should stand to reason that they should be around and just as plentiful as any of the other species. It'd be pretty trippy to have a safe Echidna loophole built right into the franchise. Could probably put Knuckles into some interesting situations too.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/27/2018 at 12:25 AM, Diogenes said:

I'm pretty sure he's always got a little butt nub, and that's just meant to be the stump of his lost tail.

e: here's a pretty good shot of it:

GUhvuUO.jpg

Either that's a stump and we never see him with a tail, or that's a sad little tail that he shouldn't have at this point in the story.

0:51, Chaos' first appearance chronologically at the start of Knuckles' s story:

His tail is a flat-ended nub when it should at this point still be a tail. Can't believe that I've never noticed it before, but this must be a pretty significant oversight in the presentation of SA1's story. And now I'd imagine that his tail had just been retconned out of existence cause nobody remembers that it was supposed to be a thing.

11 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

0:51, Chaos' first appearance chronologically at the start of Knuckles' s story:

His tail is a flat-ended nub when it should at this point still be a tail. Can't believe that I've never noticed it before, but this must be a pretty significant oversight in the presentation of SA1's story. And now I'd imagine that his tail had just been retconned out of existence cause nobody remembers that it was supposed to be a thing.

The implication I got was that it simply lost the tail somehow when it was freed.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Has Eggman ever actually used the Master Emerald for anything?

That blaster in the Kyodai Eggman Robo. 

19 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Has Eggman ever actually used the Master Emerald for anything?

4 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

That blaster in the Kyodai Eggman Robo. 

Not to mention repowering the fallen Death Egg in Sonic & Knuckles.

6 hours ago, Nestor said:

Not to mention repowering the fallen Death Egg in Sonic & Knuckles.

Yeah, see, I was unclear regarding whether it was actively powering or if it was just used as an extra kick. Especially given what seemingly happens throughout Lava Reef.

Capitalizing on her popularity would be my guess. Funny thing is, 06 was my first introduction to her as a character and I loved her confidant and worried friend relationship with Silver. I was so disappointed when she didn't return for the Endo of the World and when future installments didn't capitalize on that relationship. I love Blaze as the Princess of the Sol Dimension and Guardian of the Sol Emeralds, but I loved her so much more in 06 just because of the pathos I felt she brought to Silver's story. Generic get over yourself and accept friendship stories like the Rush just don't do it for me, though because of Rush I think Cream is better partnered with Blaze than with Amy so...

1 minute ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Funny thing is, 06 was my first introduction to her as a character and I loved her confidant and worried friend relationship with Silver. I. I love Blaze as the Princess of the Sol Dimension and Guardian of the Sol Emeralds, but I loved her so much more in 06 just because of the pathos I felt she brought to Silver's story. 

Huh. Funny how things work out like that.

2 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Generic get over yourself and accept friendship stories like the Rush just don't do it for me, though because of Rush I think Cream is better partnered with Blaze than with Amy so...

That's probably in part because she actually got to interact with and bring a little something to their friendship.