Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Both Knuckles and Zavok have been purported as being skilled martial artists, yet both primarily utilize their large fists in combat. Is there a particular style or form(s) that they could be using?

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Does anyone mind explaining the cultural context of what the heck this stuff is?

Sonic Channel - Cream & Cheese 2013Sonic Channel - Silver the Hedgehog 2013Sonic Channel - Vector the Crocodile 2014Amy rose sonic channelWallpaper 129 knuckles 10 pcWallpaper 130 blaze 08 pc

Wallpaper 141 wave 03 pc

Where do these images come from? I've seen several others done in the same style, like one with Blaze sitting on a park bench during Autumn. They are gorgeous.

I've no answer to your question I'm afraid, but I'd love to know to know more too.

They're Sonic Channel wallpaper images from years gone, back when they did the more contextual art. I can answer some of the references.

Amy and Cream - A Japanese holiday called Girls' Day (Hinamatsuri). Also called Dolls Day, hence the figure Amy has.

Silver - A Japanese holiday called Star Festival (Tanabata). What Silver is on is a wishing tree, which is a central component of the custom. 

Vector - A Japanese holiday called Setsubun (oh wait no English name). A festival done to see in the new year, what Vector is doing represents the custom of the head of the household throwing rice on the doorstep to ward away demons.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

They're Sonic Channel wallpaper images from years gone, back when they did the more contextual art. I can answer some of the references.

Amy and Cream - A Japanese holiday called Girls' Day (Hinamatsuri). Also called Dolls Day, hence the figure Amy has.

Silver - A Japanese holiday called Star Festival (Tanabata). What Silver is on is a wishing tree, which is a central component of the custom. 

Vector - A Japanese holiday called Setsubun (oh wait no English name). A festival done to see in the new year, what Vector is doing represents the custom of the head of the household throwing rice on the doorstep to ward away demons.  

Oh, okay. I thought it had something to do with Chinese New Year and I vaguely recall seeing the wishing tree & rice throwing in something now that you mention it. The girls/doll thing is out of left field, though.

Otherwise, all I knew was Japanese Holiday Stuff. Thanks!

15 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Does anyone mind explaining the cultural context of what the heck this stuff is?

Sonic Channel - Cream & Cheese 2013Sonic Channel - Silver the Hedgehog 2013Sonic Channel - Vector the Crocodile 2014Amy rose sonic channelWallpaper 129 knuckles 10 pcWallpaper 130 blaze 08 pc

Wallpaper 141 wave 03 pc

8 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

To elaborate a little further on some of the others Knuckles is playing a traditional Taiko (Japanese for drum but used by foreigners to refer to certain types of traditional Japanese drums and performances) while Blaze is simply partaking of fire crackers while wearing a yukata (a summer kimono) which is very traditional Japanese imagery with summer. Wave on the hand I don't remember what it is exactly she's partaking in but both what she is holding and the coat she is wearing are a part of it as I remember but unfortunately that's about where my memory fails me.

• Thumbs Up 1

While we await for the next [big?] mainline game and it's story, I suppose an interesting question would be what type of new villain/character should follow up Infinite? Should it be an antithesis or something else entirely? And what could that be like?

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, DabigRG said:

While we await for the next [big?] mainline game and it's story, I suppose an interesting question would be what type of new villain/character should follow up Infinite? Should it be an antithesis or something else entirely? And what could that be like?

image.png

Considering Infinite was the antithesis of several recent villains... 

I really wonder how the antithesis deal would work, yet keeping them a serious threat.

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Considering Infinite was the antithesis of several recent villains... 

I really wonder how the antithesis deal would work, yet keeping them a serious threat.

Eh, probably fairly easy. Just needs a fairly well written, dynamically plotted story behind them.

5 hours ago, Guergy said:

What was Eggman's plan in the Classic series? 

Get the Chaos Emeralds and eventually power the Death Egg's launch.

Does guarding the Master Emerald come with any perks or benefits, or is the task completely thankless?

22 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Does guarding the Master Emerald come with any perks or benefits, or is the task completely thankless?

Aside from the tidbit that it can control the other Emeralds, none. Knuckles pretty much guards it out of self-appointed duty, with a previous dash of preservation for what's remains of his kind.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Aside from the tidbit that it can control the other Emeralds, none. Knuckles pretty much guards it out of self-appointed duty, with a previous dash of preservation for what's remains of his kind.

So it's thankless? In that case I don't blame Knuckles for abandoning it in recent games.

1 hour ago, Silver15 said:

don't know if this has been asked but what happened to knuckles people the echidna, 

and why does people mistake sonic for shadow,

Chaos wiped most of them out in it's rage.

Because superfast hedgehog. It's also worth noting that it mostly happened at night.

• Nice Smile 1

On February 7, 2019 at 6:13 PM, DabigRG said:

Wallpaper 141 wave 03 pc

Better question: why is no one building gunpla? Everyone knows that there is nothing more Japanese than building scale plastic models of giant robots!

11 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

Better question: why is no one building gunpla? Everyone knows that there is nothing more Japanese than building scale plastic models of giant robots!

Eh, wait for Tails.

• Promotion 1