Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Why do the Badniks attack you in Episode Metal? Surely Metal running around smashing them to bits is only giving Eggman extra work.

Why do the Badniks attack you in Episode Metal? Surely Metal running around smashing them to bits is only giving Eggman extra work.

Because Metal's a badass and loves to wreck shit up, all day, e'rryday, so he remotely hacked all of the Badniks' AI to attack him.

Edited by Wario wants a damn WiiU

How many prototypes of Shadow were there?

Can Jet fly?

holy shit legit questions

Well, probably a few. You don't get something as complicated as a disease-free "Ultimate Lifeform" right in two tries.

And I would assume that he can, since Sonic mocks him by saying "Even without wings, I can still fly!".

To quote another member on here (Dr. Crusher?), the badniks are likely programmed to attack all blue hedgehogs and orange foxes. Eggman forgot to put "organic" in there.

Why is the military so bad in sonic's world?

I'm guessing they just don't have the technology to stop Eggman and all of the Gods and Monsters that live on Sonic's World.

Edited by Haden

Why is the military so bad in sonic's world?

They're just acting like the military in every other fiction.
  • Thumbs Up 2

To quote another member on here (Dr. Crusher?), the badniks are likely programmed to attack all blue hedgehogs and orange foxes. Eggman forgot to put "organic" in there.

See.....I kinda assumed that's what it was. But I can't help but feel that pulls Sonic's gameworld a bit too much toward AoStH style Robotnik incompetence. The idea that his badnis are so stupid that they'd make that mistake just seems......wrong.....

Mind you, the gameworld does feature Shadow being mistaken for Sonic despite them looking so different so maybe all the characters in the gameworld just gots a dose of the stupids anyway.....

Why did Sonic accept a date from Amy in Black Knight...?

In Sonic Unleashed, the player has the choice to either accept or decline a date with Amy. So cannonly, Sonic said yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic has to pee, and he is being chased by a missile, if he pees while running, would the pee go as fast as him and if so, if there's a car going in the opposite direction, and it hits its window, would it shatter, causing the person driving to crash and have an accident and smell like hedgehog piss?

Ugh... Why am I even thinking about this now? huh.png

If he runs at the speed of sound, technically the pee also moves at the speed of sound. it just doesn't accelerate anymore and encounters drag from the air and the pull of gravity. So it quickly slows down and falls to the ground. However, if it hits a window before it hits the ground (and that window would have to be really low given Sonic's not exactly tall)... yeah, it would shatter. For anything else... I don't want to continue to think about it I guess.

Do Sonic's shoes have powers of their own, canonically?

It says somewhere Sonic can't run without his shoes. There's this one game whose name I momentarily forgot where you have to get your shoes back and you can't run because you don't have them. But it's not the shoes having super powers. There's an Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode that reveals he needs the shoes not to run fast, but to protect his feet from the friction of running fast. In this episode his shoes are stolen by someone, Sonic tries to run but burns his feet and jumps into a bucket of ice to cool them back down. He can only run again after he gets his protection shoes back.

Also, in Amy's theme (My Sweet Passion), why does she say Sonic reminds her of parsley?

"He reminds me of parsley when he's standing there all alone"

I don't really see the resemblance, Amy.

Talking of Amy's theme... Why did the sphinx look so cute she had to shave it? What sphinx? And why shave it?

Because the Badniks are dumb and take everything that's blue and a spiky shape as an enemy.

Another thing I always wondered about... How comes Amy's a speed type character in most games? She's pretty slow, even Knuckles and Tails who aren't speed types are clearly faster than her. Looking at that hammer, maybe she should be a power type. Were they just hesitating to make a female character a power type? That'd be mean.

Talking of Amy and power... Why can she smash stuff in Sonic Chronicles even Knuckles can't break? I mean, Knuckles! Knuckles should be able to smash anything.

Another thing I always wondered about... How comes Amy's a speed type character in most games? She's pretty slow, even Knuckles and Tails who aren't speed types are clearly faster than her. Looking at that hammer, maybe she should be a power type. Were they just hesitating to make a female character a power type? That'd be mean.
I think it's more of a matter of her filling out the space. In Heroes for example, neither Cream nor Big fit speed.

Huh. That might as well be it. Seems lazy, but... yeah.

Something else. In Sonic Adventure, there are these egg-shaped stone statue thingies. Every character says they look like keys. No, they don't. They look like eggs on stone plates. Do maybe keys in Sonic's world look like eggs? What would that mean for the design of doors, locks and stuff like that? huh.png

Something else. In Sonic Adventure, there are these egg-shaped stone statue thingies. Every character says they look like keys. No, they don't. They look like eggs on stone plates. Do maybe keys in Sonic's world look like eggs? What would that mean for the design of doors, locks and stuff like that? huh.png
Egg-shaped people used to rule the world, and created everything in their image. They got wiped out and Robotnik is the last survivor of this ancient civilization. He is trying to reclaim the world that once belonged to his race.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Speed is easy to use as a sort of default class. Everyone can run, and in this series almost everyone is at least kind of fast. Flight's the most exclusive since it's entirely impossible for most characters, and power involves breaking rocks and shit, which is the kind of strength not everyone has. Though, yeah, Amy could probably go either way between speed and power, but like Homem said they needed to fill out teams in Heroes.

Egg-shaped people used to rule the world, and created everything in their image. They got wiped out and Robotnik is the last survivor of this ancient civilization. He is trying to reclaim the world that once belonged to his race.

...YES.

Sega, make this canon. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, Amy does seem to run fast enough to keep up with Sonic...

Noone answered it, so I'm gonna bring it up again:

What. In. the. FUCK. is that "MMMMMMMMM" noise in Sand Oasis!? You don't here it on the music track... =/

Sorry if this has been asked already - but are they ever going to explain Silver? Or just dust him under an enormous rug?! :D I meant, who is he, and how the hell does he get those powers? Are they Chaos Control-derived? What the hell were they thinking when they designed that hair do? Agggh! :D

One thing I never quite got my head around was how Sonic's Flame Arrow conveniently disappeared in SatSR when he reverts from Darkspine to normal form in the ending.

What was up with that? Was the transformation the cure or something?

Sorry if this has been asked already - but are they ever going to explain Silver? Or just dust him under an enormous rug?! biggrin.png I meant, who is he, and how the hell does he get those powers? Are they Chaos Control-derived? What the hell were they thinking when they designed that hair do? Agggh! biggrin.png

He's a biotic from Mass Effect

Okay, so in Silver's story there is a guard training mission, that involves use of Silver's powers. The guards would have to all complete the test to enter the Royal Guard; then how did they manage to? The only explanation is that they also have telekinesis. So, being from the future, Silver may have learned this ability from the descendants of the guards.

Alternatively, the Soleanna guards are just idiots.

• Thumbs Up 1