Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What were the robots that piloted the Egg Devil Ray?

Those robots are actually the hands of the Egg Fighters IIRC

• Thumbs Up 1

Something that has bugged me for years in the Archie Sonic comic - at the end of issue 125 - who is the person that is peering in Sally's room? We only see a gloved hand. I was thinking either Geoffrey or Elias but wasn't sure. 

You know how Shadow left the Scepter of Darkness behind because he knew what became of it and Rouge was captured because she tried to take it from Eggman?

Where did HE get it?

Sorry I wasn't completely sure where to post this, but it was a previous unanswered question of mine.

In an old Sonic Channel interview, Shiro Maekawa (writer of Sonic Adventure 2) had mentioned that some scenes had to be cut from SA2. He didn't mention any examples in the interview, and it made me curious what kind of scenes could have been cut as it felt like a mostly complete story to me.

I had heard that he sometimes replied to fans on Twitter, so I decided to try asking him and got a response.
If I'm reading it correctly he said "When the (Space) Colony Ark is falling, there was a scene where Rouge scolds the President for giving up and being in despair".

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DryLagoon said:

Sorry I wasn't completely sure where to post this, but it was a previous unanswered question of mine.

In an old Sonic Channel interview, Shiro Maekawa (writer of Sonic Adventure 2) had mentioned that some scenes had to be cut from SA2. He didn't mention any examples in the interview, and it made me curious what kind of scenes could have been cut as it felt like a mostly complete story to me.

I had heard that he sometimes replied to fans on Twitter, so I decided to try asking him and got a response.
If I'm reading it correctly he said "When the (Space) Colony Ark is falling, there was a scene where Rouge scolds the President for giving up and being in despair".

Uh, he sure it wasn't the Secretary?

On 1/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, DabigRG said:

Uh, he sure it wasn't the Secretary?

I think he was just referring to the start of the scene. There is unused voice lines for it, but it's possible there was more he hand in mind that didn't get recorded.

8 minutes ago, DryLagoon said:

I think he was just referring to the start of the scene. There is unused voice lines for it, but it's possible there was more he hand in mind that didn't get recorded.

Oh, okay. It's a been a while since I saw that video.

My apologies.

A bit funny/weird that the President was gonna be like that considering how fondly he regards Sonic and Shadow in Shadow's game.

• 2 weeks later...

When exactly does something like this happen in Rio?Mario_%26_Sonic_at_the_Rio_2016_Olympic_Games_-_Team_Sonic_Rewards.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seem to recall someone claiming Infinite was intended to be in a different game at one point. Is there any credence to that or was it just a potentially opinionated conspiracy theory?

• 1 month later...

So a point made by the developers of the Modern games is that the Boost requires quite a bit of track in order to make full levels. What is the overall ratio of level design for the other games in comparison?

• 1 month later...

What did Omega and Shadow do with Metal Sonic and the end of Sonic Heroes? Seriously, I remember when I cleared the game for the first time, I was immediately excited for the next game to show where that storyline was going to go. But then along came Shadow the Hedgehog and Metal Sonic was nowhere to be seen...

36 minutes ago, batson said:

What did Omega and Shadow do with Metal Sonic and the end of Sonic Heroes? Seriously, I remember when I cleared the game for the first time, I was immediately excited for the next game to show where that storyline was going to go. But then along came Shadow the Hedgehog and Metal Sonic was nowhere to be seen...

Yeah, they never explain that. He's robot, so it doesn't really matter, but still.

I would assume Omega just planned on destroying him.

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I would assume Omega just planned on destroying him.

That's what makes the whole thing even more mysterious. You would think that Omega, whose sole motivation in life is to destroy Eggman's other robots, would take the opportunity to just blast the passed out Metal Sonic to pieces. But instead he just gently picks him up. I so badly wanted to see what they were going for with that...

• 2 weeks later...

If Gerald tampered with Shadows memories, when did he have the opportunity to do this?

Gerald was arrested, then Shadow sent to Earth before being placed in stasis.

Presumably GUN wanted Shadow for their own purpose, perhaps they wanted Gerald to make adjustments? That would be absolutely terrible judgement, godawful judgment is hardly out of GUN's character I guess.

2 hours ago, Original Character said:

If Gerald tampered with Shadows memories, when did he have the opportunity to do this?

Gerald was arrested, then Shadow sent to Earth before being placed in stasis.

Presumably GUN wanted Shadow for their own purpose, perhaps they wanted Gerald to make adjustments? That would be absolutely terrible judgement, godawful judgment is hardly out of GUN's character I guess.

Basically what happened. Both were on Prison Island and it's said somewhere that GUN still had Gerald work on things for them during his incarceration, so...

On 4/29/2020 at 1:00 PM, batson said:

This is pure headcanon, but if I was tasked to explain this, I'd utilise the opportunity to give some nice little Team Dark character development stuff here.  Omega turns to Shadow as if he's seeking Shadow's opinion on the correct course of action. Perhaps following the reveal of it being unclear whether Shadow was an android or not, Omega has been given pause as to whether it's right to destroy a more high-functioning robot like Metal Sonic, given his newfound respect for Shadow that's developed over the course of the game (with a little help from Rouge forcing the two to kiss and make-up every time they have an argument).

I could see a conversation happening where Shadow and Rouge convince Omega that it's better to just toss Metal Sonic away like the garbage he is. Considering all the trouble Metal Sonic caused being way above your average Egg Pawn, I could see Omega being quite okay with the idea of Metal Sonic living to remember the humiliation of his defeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

With all the Bowser comparisons, do you think Zavok could be an attempt to answer Fawful?

A secondary villain who laid low and eventually became his own villain? That sounds more like Metal Sonic than Zavok, honestly. The D6/Koopalings comparison makes more sense, especially when you consider the olympic games.

6 hours ago, thumbs13 said:

A secondary villain who laid low and eventually became his own villain? That sounds more like Metal Sonic than Zavok, honestly. The D6/Koopalings comparison makes more sense, especially when you consider the olympic games.

I was thinking more of the similarities Fawful has with Eggman.

---------------------

Did Chris actually say this stuff? I remember the gist of the latter scene, I don't remember those words.

tumblr_inline_pcqqjbyjPI1riafjl_400.pngtumblr_inline_pcqqooYSE01riafjl_540.pngtumblr_inline_pcqqp19QNk1riafjl_540.png

• 2 weeks later...

A small and silly question about the Master Emerald: Unlike the Chaos Emeralds (which are for male hedgehogs only), can anyone use its power to obtain a Super form like Mecha Sonic and Neo Metal Sonic did?

3 hours ago, Cayenne said:

A small and silly question about the Master Emerald: Unlike the Chaos Emeralds (which are for male hedgehogs only), can anyone use its power to obtain a Super form like Mecha Sonic and Neo Metal Sonic did?

Maybe not a super form but I'm confident anyone can use the emeralds, M.E. or otherwise for a temporary boost in power that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very across the ocean question here, but its been said that the Japanese, not unlike America, has several different dialects, accents, and even custom pronouns that it's characters tend to favor based on their personality: what dialect does each Sonic character have and how does it reflect on their personality vs the area it's native to?