Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

4 minutes ago, Pengi said:

Chaos is a mutant Chao. That's all we've been told officially.

Did Sonic X (Series) expound on Chaos more? 

Sonic the Comic made him like a part of an evil alien fish warrior race, even Archie's story for Chaos was less insane.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Sonic the Comic made him like a part of an evil alien fish warrior race, even Archie's story for Chaos was less insane.

I know, I just wanted to put that out there.

Wait, did Archie change much?

2 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Evil alien fish race.. :o. 

That sounds terrifying. 

Here's something I just realized: the resolution of the Final Hazard fight had Super Sonic only be able to recover one of Shadow's inhibitor rings which is given to Rouge/Chris, right?

What happened to that ring and why didn't Shadow NOT have it when Rouge released him?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Here's something I just realized: the resolution of the Final Hazard fight had Super Sonic only be able to recover one of Shadow's inhibitor rings which is given to Rouge/Chris, right?

What happened to that ring and why didn't Shadow NOT have it when Rouge released him?

Perhaps SEGA forgot. This happens between sequels, and we fans are like “huh?!” 

What do the inhibitor rings do again? I mean the word inhibit is a clue, but I never noticed their function playing SA2. 

Is this supposed to be Angel Island?

4v9VGuF.jpg

QYDWv3i.jpg

Was Rouge still on the island when she took the Emerald from the shrine?

1d8sGjx.png

Someone pointed out that in the Egyptian hieroglyphs in the desert area stages there are echidna looking figures and Chao, and what appears to be depictions of the Master Emerald.

Spoiler

wNWpo5Y.png

Sonic can also be spotted in these hieroglyphs, similarly to how there are Sonic statues in Hydro City and of course the Hidden Palace mural.

bICOrT9.jpg

And there are the human statues like the depictions of humans seen on Angel Island in Sonic 3.

m9YOZMj.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, MainJP said:

Is this supposed to be Angel Island?

4v9VGuF.jpg

QYDWv3i.jpg

Was Rouge still on the island when she took the Emerald from the shrine?

1d8sGjx.png

Someone pointed out that in the Egyptian hieroglyphs in the desert area stages there are echidna looking figures and Chao, and what appears to be depictions of the Master Emerald.

Hide contents

wNWpo5Y.png

Sonic can also be spotted in these hieroglyphs, similarly to how there are Sonic statues in Hydro City and of course the Hidden Palace mural.

bICOrT9.jpg

And there are the human statues like the depictions of humans seen on Angel Island in Sonic 3.

m9YOZMj.jpg

No. Wild Canyon is simply a location the Echidna must've set up shop in at one point, like Regal Ruins.

It's implied that Rouge managed to make it operate off of Angel Island, but was quickly caught up to by Knuckles not far from Hidden Base. Knuckles' narration there basically confirms it.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, DabigRG said:

No. Wild Canyon is simply a location the Echidna must've set up shop in at one point, like Regal Ruins.

That's the impression I got.

It's implied that Rouge managed to make it operate off of Angel Island, but was quickly caught up to by Knuckles not far from Hidden Base. Knuckles' narration there basically confirms it.

That's what I thought, but when I brought that up they responded with "the emerald has to be placed on the shrine to make the island float" which I'm pretty sure has never been the case, considering all it took for the island to float was for it to be placed on the land in Sonic 3. 

OkeIywU.jpg

I don't think that requirement changed for the Adventure games. The argument was also that since the Emerald was stolen the island has to fall of course, so everything else had to align with that part of the map being Angel Island, even though that's not necessarily the case.

On 11/18/2012 at 10:25 AM, BlazingTales said:

Where do they put all those rings?

In the Sonic movie, he carries them in a little sack that he got from Longclaw 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 6:11 PM, Guergy said:

Why do people say that  Sonic Adventure 2 is different in tone and style from other Sonic games? 

Well.. Isn't it?

4 hours ago, Simasuu said:

Well.. Isn't it?

Maybe. It just didn't feel like it wasn't apart of Sonic's games either. I guess I needed more exposure to more games back then. 

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Who, exactly, wrote Team Sonic Racing? There don’t seem to be writers credits.

That's what I thought a thread from a week or two ago was about, funnily enough.

But yeah, it's an open case. Mr. Pontac and Graff evidently stopped working with Sonic Team and I recall there was a interview or some prerelease thing where Sumo Digital evidently decided to focus on Sonic exclusively because they wanted to do a story in the Sonic universe.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 11:11 AM, Guergy said:

Why do people say that  Sonic Adventure 2 is different in tone and style from other Sonic games? 

Because it kinda is. If I'm gonna go into my headspace to remember what it was like when it first came out, it was trying really hard to capitalize on the early 2000's skate park and edgy culture of the time. I mean it inspired so many Linkin Park AMVs... Adventure 1 could never. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Manic was technically the first Bablyon Rouge. Right, cause he's a thief and rides a hoverboard and all the futher more he's Sonic's brother. image.jpeg.5cc9b93abe902b611bc84a9d029f9d92.jpeg

On 11/18/2012 at 6:30 AM, batson said:

When did Eggman decided to start refering to himself as Eggman instead of Robotnik? Before Generations came out we could have interpreted Eggman as "always" having referd to himself as that name, but then along comes Generations and have classic Tails call the man "Robotnik" which seems to indicate that at least by the last time classic Tails met classic Eggman, classic Eggman still hadnt become known as Eggman yet. We know that the versions of classic Tails, Eggman and Sonic in Generations stem from the era after S2 but before S3 (since classic Eggman doesnt seem to recognize Knuckles), so was it in the time between those games that ol' buttnik decided to create a supervillain name for himself, which classic Tails hadnt heard yet by the time he met classic Eggman in Generations? And further more, was it modern Eggman who introduced the name Eggman to classic Eggman? Like, did Robotnik in the "original" timeline before he travled back in time in Generations perhapes came up with the Eggman name much later than during the events of the classic games (perhapes around the time of SA?), but then changed history somehwat by introducing the Eggman name at a much earlier point to his younger self when he travled back in time?

The last time Dr. Eggman called himself "Robotnik" was in Sonic Adventure. In Sonic Adventure 2, he was Dr. Eggman, but it was still the Robotnik Empire. Later games used the Robotnik name minimally. In Sonic Riders, the some of the Extreme Gear was manufactured by Robotnik Corp. I would like to have a reason why Eggman decided to call himself by the nickname made to make fun of him, though.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:45 PM, DabigRG said:

I was just playing Sonic 3 again a couple days ago and realized that humans are depicted in the game. You have to wack a statue of a human face to procede sometimes. Another reason to say that Sonic's world has both humans and "Mobians", because it's been that way from the start. There is only one world and I hope Sega doesn't change that. I hope the next game has humans again styled how they looked in Sonic Unleashed. I was disappointed to hear that the IDW comic has the two worlds thing like Sonic X. It separates it too much from the game's continuity. The Archie comic was surprisingly one world.

One world. Both Mobians and humans. That's the way it should be.

• Fist Bump 1

I know Aaron Webber confirmed the Two Worlds scenario was canon a few times, but apparently AAUK said it was just a single world back when he was community manager. So has the Two Worlds thing only been part of the main canon since the early 2010s? If so, then I'm assuming the games made prior to that point weren't made with the world split in mind.

22 hours ago, prettyinplague said:

Because it kinda is. If I'm gonna go into my headspace to remember what it was like when it first came out, it was trying really hard to capitalize on the early 2000's skate park and edgy culture of the time. I mean it inspired so many Linkin Park AMVs... Adventure 1 could never. 

I see what you mean. Sonic Adventure 2 does seem different from the other Sonic games in tone and style yet it still somehow 'feels' like Sonic game. I already made a thread about but what is the ideal tone for Sonic if Adventure 2 was the anti thesis to it? 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Redemption said:

Manic was technically the first Bablyon Rouge. Right, cause he's a thief and rides a hoverboard and all the futher more he's Sonic's brother. image.jpeg.5cc9b93abe902b611bc84a9d029f9d92.jpeg

That would probably fit better in the details thread.

11 hours ago, SonicFan2832 said:

I was just playing Sonic 3 again a couple days ago and realized that humans are depicted in the game. You have to wack a statue of a human face to procede sometimes. Another reason to say that Sonic's world has both humans and "Mobians", because it's been that way from the start. There is only one world and I hope Sega doesn't change that. I hope the next game has humans again styled how they looked in Sonic Unleashed. I was disappointed to hear that the IDW comic has the two worlds thing like Sonic X. It separates it too much from the game's continuity. The Archie comic was surprisingly one world.

One world. Both Mobians and humans. That's the way it should be.

IDW is explicitly written as inspired by the games rather than explicitly taking place in the same universe.