Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Why did Gerald divulge his entire world ending plan in front of GUN before being executed and no one at GUN bothered to ever look into it?

18 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Why did Gerald divulge his entire world ending plan in front of GUN before being executed and no one at GUN bothered to ever look into it?

"Who cares about some crazy old man's ranting? He'll be dead in 5 minutes anyway, and then all this ARK business will be over forever."

And in fairness it worked out pretty well for them, for about 50 years.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, Diogenes said:

"Who cares about some crazy old man's ranting? He'll be dead in 5 minutes anyway, and then all this ARK business will be over forever."

And in fairness it worked out pretty well for them, for about 50 years.

More or less.

Though in all fairness, they did lock down the Ark and the Biolizard, plus it took very specific conditions to bring the plan to fruition--conditions only Shadow was privy to via covert reprogramming.

---------------------------------------

Why is there a pleosaur on Marine's island?

• 2 months later...

Are Eggman's glasses prescription, or just a fashion statement?

386b19d07522a294d55e782a859396a8cb8b79c9r1-1280-530v2_hq.jpg.bc96c0221371af00c948398a22363360.jpg

Personally, I like to think he needs to wear them due to Photophobia, an abnormal discomfort to light; similar to Spider-Man's Doc Ock.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 is the only 'canon' indication in any direction, and it has us believe the glasses are neither; they're function. He uses them to track the Chaos Emeralds in that game, which honestly, regardless of how people feel about the game, makes a bit of sense.

12 hours ago, Austroid said:

386b19d07522a294d55e782a859396a8cb8b79c9r1-1280-530v2_hq.jpg.bc96c0221371af00c948398a22363360.jpg

Personally, I like to think he needs to wear them due to Photophobia, an abnormal discomfort to light; similar to Spider-Man's Doc Ock.

I like to think they’re prescription, seeing as though he’s pretty much never seen without them other than the DiC cartoons. I never considered the photophobia aspect though.

13 hours ago, Austroid said:

What's further interesting is that he sometimes drops the google's atop his head when engaging in more direct combat or when creating something.

All right. Here's my question how does the whole "Two world thing works? What method of travel do characters in this world use to go between them?

Edited by Zoomzeta
Small correction in grammar

There's supposed to be a gate which has a portal between the two worlds, according to the Sonic bible. We'll probably never see it- it honestly probably mostly exists as a background excuse to have Sonic games with vastly different approaches to the environments. It's like how Iizuka made an excuse to justify having a full moon around despite the moon being blown in half in SA2. I honestly don't think Sonic Team puts as much thought into these things as the fans do, at least not anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least the moon thing makes sense insofar as like, maybe the cannon made it rotate slowly. 

How does Sonic’s world even work? Iizuka says there’s a human world and a furry one. Okay, how do they travel between them? And why are Angel Island and Pumpkin Hill in the human world? 
I can’t say I care much about the stakes of the next game if this two worlds thing goes unaddressed. 

I mean the Two Worlds thing has been a thing for like a whole decade now (longer, if you believe Iizuka on him coming up with it for Adventure). If it were going to ever get addressed in the games, it would have by now. It really just seems like I said: a background excuse that they didn't even really think about until it came up and when asked, that's just the go to excuse they have to justify the stark contrast in environmental realism between games.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, Soniman said:

Well what if GUN wanted it to happen?

On 6/9/2021 at 3:33 PM, Gloved Animal said:

How did the Chaotix become detectives, both in-universe and in the meta sense?

I dont think it was ever explicitly stated, but the modern Chaotix and their detective agency were actually first seen in Sonic X (First airing April 2003), with Sonic Heroes releasing later in December 2003. Maybe it was a last minute addition to their story or something to line up with the anime, which also randomly made them into detectives.

On 6/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, Gloved Animal said:

How did the Chaotix become detectives, both in-universe and in the meta sense?

Vector's rock band project never made it big since Sonic left so he changed career to make money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

I heard once from a Youtube channel that classic games are actually quite connected to each other. I wonder if that is true? And was the Death Egg saga the first story arc in the series?

On 6/14/2021 at 7:12 AM, Guergy said:

I heard once from a Youtube channel that classic games are actually quite connected to each other. I wonder if that is true? And was the Death Egg saga the first story arc in the series?

Absolutely true. Sonic 1 was just the setup.

In Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the Death Egg is launched. By the end, it crashes and burns, and Sonic unlocks the power of Super Sonic (which we see him haphazardly use in the intro to the next game...)

In Sonic the Hedgehog 3, it is revealed that the Death Egg crashed onto Angel Island, causing it to plummet towards the ocean. The Death Egg is stopped as it launches into the sky and it crashes again.

And then, obviously, Sonic and Knuckles continues the story from there.

Even during the classic age, the Sonic series had story telling. Furthermore, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are directly connected to the establishment of Angel Island and the Master Emerald and the mural of Super Sonic in Hidden Palace. By extension, everything up until and including Shadow the Hedgehog (game) relies on the ending to Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Was there a civilization on Angel Island? Sandopolis,Hydrocity,Marble Garden,Hidden Palace and Sky Sanctuary all seem to imply that there was an ancient civilization once upon time in the game's canon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 4:17 AM, Austroid said:

Are Sonic and friends allowed to vote in the human world? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

45674576.PNG.7416330971f67f0f2d3fe3c2544432ab.PNG

The President's mouth is friggin awful to see up close

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, Austroid said:

Are Sonic and friends allowed to vote in the human world? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

If they're legally nationals of wherever they're trying to vote for, they should be able to - I'd imagine that their nationality is for Sonic's world, however.