Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

After playing SA2 a bit, I have to ask this; how is Tails' upper body strength enough to hold him and a presumably very heavy mech up a pulley by one arm?

Yeah I wondered this too, Eggman also, I doubt he's in the best of shape :P

Yeah I wondered this too, Eggman also, I doubt he's in the best of shape tongue.png

DGMrF.png

WBQev.png

He seems to have his muscles pretty good.

Does Sonic have blue skin? I mean like, where the parts of his fur are blue, because that kind of thing rings true for other creatures, sphynx cats for example, which are bald, have the same colours and patterns as their furrier kin.

Edited by Mysterics

Does Sonic have blue skin? I mean like, where the parts of his fur are blue, because that kind of thing rings true for other creatures, sphynx cats for example, which are bald, have the same colours and patterns as their furrier kin.

Sonic has pale and blue skin, yes.

It's impossible to shave a mutant like Sonic though, I'm sure I saw bones in his spikes when he gets electrocuted in All-Stars Racing Transformed...

I'd be inclined to think that the skin beneath the blue fur is the same colour as his arm, muzzle, belly and inner ear skin.

Anyways, I was always curious about the not-explicitly-revealed relationship between Shahra and Erazor. Were they lovers? Friends? And what was the actual cause of Shahra's tears in the ending? Her regret over her betrayal of Sonic? Erazor's fate? Relief at being brought back to life? Or all of those?

On the SatSR slant, where the hell is this supposed to be?

sonichouselol.png

Does Sonic own a house? Is that the 'house' part of Tails' Workshop as it is depicted in SA, namely the top level that has a door but is un-enterable?

I'd assume that it is Tail's house, seeing how Sonic is a drifter, and likely doesn't have a home.

I like to think that Sonic does have a house.

I dunno, I like the idea of Sonic having a cozy house like that, when he's not busy saving the world or running up, down and all around.

What's in the reflection on Blaze's shoes in her 3D Sonic Channel art? I swear I can see a Chao in there...

Speaking of Chao's, what ever happened to all of them? They all disappeared after Sonic Adventure 2! (With the exception of Omachao in Sonic Heroes)

Speaking of Chao's, what ever happened to all of them? They all disappeared after Sonic Adventure 2! (With the exception of Omachao in Sonic Heroes)

They stopped being relevant to the games, but did not disappear. We can see them in ShTH, Unleashed, Heroes, and they are referenced in 2006, Chronicles and Generations.

Also I'd say they became relevant to the supposed rareness they're supposed to have in the modern Sonic world.

I'd be inclined to think that the skin beneath the blue fur is the same colour as his arm, muzzle, belly and inner ear skin.

I agree with Verte. A lot of animals I know have this kind of tan skin color underneath their fur regardless of fur color. A dog can be white and black and have the same color of skin everywhere.

Anyways, I was always curious about the not-explicitly-revealed relationship between Shahra and Erazor. Were they lovers? Friends? And what was the actual cause of Shahra's tears in the ending? Her regret over her betrayal of Sonic? Erazor's fate? Relief at being brought back to life? Or all of those?

I believed they were lovers right when I first watched the ending. Maybe they split up when Shahra couldn't live with Erazor's deeds. She went out to stop him, because it was the right thing to do, but she still regretted having to see him getting trapped in the lamp. If they really were lovers one time and a part of Shahra maybe still loves him, no matter what he's done, then I guess betraying Sonic, getting killed and then resurrected by Erazor just to watch him being defeated all came together and made her cry.

Does Sonic own a house? Is that the 'house' part of Tails' Workshop as it is depicted in SA, namely the top level that has a door but is un-enterable?

Pretty much everyone seems to assume that, right? Personally, I believe Sonic doesn't really have a house to himself as he likes to travel, but he occassionally stops by to live with Tails. After all, they're told be like family.

I guess they're still there, they just haven't been part of the games for a while like they were in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. But some of the other games still featured them. Heroes had Cheese and the dark brown chao Chocola, in Unleashed you had to find them in missions, they were a kind of power-up in Chronicles (screw it if it's canon or not, it had chao) and Generations had them, too.

• 2 months later...

Something just came to mind that I never really thought about before...

In Sonic '06, Blaze is shown to be from the future. But, on the official Sonic '06 website, Blaze is mentioned as being a queen from another dimension.

So does that mean that it was initially planned for Blaze to have her Rush backstory in '06, but SEGA never changed the bio after deciding to put her into the future? Or did someone remember she was actually from another dimension and changed the bio in an attempt to fix an apparant mistake?

• 2 weeks later...

What ever happened to Hyper Sonic? Will he ever make a return? 

No. Hyper Sonic isn't canon.

How so? Nothing in the games really states whether or not it's canon or not. You could simply say Sonic never goes hyper anymore because it's far too hard to control.

Anyway, my unanswered question is how the hell sonic was able to get out of the arabian nights storybook in secret rings. I think Shahra says he doesn't leave, but he obviously has to get out sometime, as shown in Generations.

How so? Nothing in the games really states whether or not it's canon or not. You could simply say Sonic never goes hyper anymore because it's far too hard to control.

Anyway, my unanswered question is how the hell sonic was able to get out of the arabian nights storybook in secret rings. I think Shahra says he doesn't leave, but he obviously has to get out sometime, as shown in Generations.

The fact that the Super Emeralds have never been referenced or mentioned since S3aK and having both Hyper and Super Sonic would be redundant.

As for SatSR's ending, Sharhra says quite clearly that he justs runs endlessly through the book until he reached the ending, having some adventures with Sinbad and Ali Baba along the way.

The fact that the Super Emeralds have never been referenced or mentioned since S3aK and having both Hyper and Super Sonic would be redundant.

As for SatSR's ending, Sharhra says quite clearly that he justs runs endlessly through the book until he reached the ending, having some adventures with Sinbad and Ali Baba along the way.

That doesn't necessarily make it non canon, however. Several plot elements have been introduced in the series but never referenced again, but that doesn't contradict anything. In my mind, as long as nothing is ever contradicted, you can safely assume it's canon.

Oh, and thanks for the Secret Rings response. I watched the cutscenes through Clement's let's play, so my memory was a little fuzzy on that explanation. 

He still doesn't appear in the story. The final boss was fought with Super Sonic.

Hyper Sonic is just a non-canon little bonus that added nothing to the story and therefore has no reason to ever be canon.

The Super Emeralds are merely a byproduct of Sonic 3 being split into two games. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was meant to have just the 7 Chaos Emeralds when it was one game, but when half of it became Sonic and Knuckles, new Special Stages had to be made to access the Chaos Emeralds in S&K.

So when locking Sonic 3 and S&K together, that means there's 14 Special Stages. The Super Emeralds were pretty much put in so that all of the Special Stages would be used.

I don't see why Hyper Forms and Super Emeralds can't exist... I mean, the Super Emeralds are just the Chaos Emeralds powered up by the Master Emerald, so I don't see why they can't be canon. 

Why were Sonic Rush and Sonic 06 centered around Fire and Sol- stuff (Solleanna, Solaris, Sol Emeralds/Gems of Soleanna, Sol Dimension, Flames of Disaster, Blaze and her fire powers, etc.) It makes me think that there HAS to be some sort of connection between them.

The Sol Emeralds have absolutely zero connection with Solaris. The similar naming is pure coincidence. The Sol Emeralds are focused on fire, while Solaris is focused on time. Not to mention the Sol Emeralds predate Solaris by a year.

And Hyper Sonic is unnecessary. It's just Super Sonic with more power and flashier colours. Nothing that couldn't be added onto Super Sonic if they wanted.

The Sol Emeralds have absolutely zero connection with Solaris. The similar naming is pure coincidence. The Sol Emeralds are focused on fire, while Solaris is focused on time. Not to mention the Sol Emeralds predate Solaris by a year.

And Hyper Sonic is unnecessary. It's just Super Sonic with more power and flashier colours. Nothing that couldn't be added onto Super Sonic if they wanted.

Half of Solaris is Iblis, the FLAMES of Disaster. Plus, Solaris was considered a SUN god, Sun, as in Sol. Plus the Sol Emeralds look just like the Gems of Solleanna. 

Edited by tsz11