Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Half of Solaris is Iblis, the FLAMES of Disaster. Plus, Solaris was considered a SUN god, Sun, as in Sol. Plus the Sol Emeralds look just like the Gems of Solleanna. 

Yeah but the connection between the two is just fanon.

And Hyper Sonic could go either way, while he was just a bonus it's never really been stated either way, so it's ambiguous. And until Word of God says it's canon or non-canon, I don't really care. It doesn't affect or change anything in the story.

Half of Solaris is Iblis, the FLAMES of Disaster. Plus, Solaris was considered a SUN god, Sun, as in Sol. Plus the Sol Emeralds look just like the Gems of Solleanna. 

All of those are pure coincidences. As much as Sonic was sidelined in 06, I find it hard to believe Sonic Team would dedicate most of the 15th anniversary game to being a prequel to a mere DS game released the year before.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

He still doesn't appear in the story. The final boss was fought with Super Sonic.

Hyper Sonic is just a non-canon little bonus that added nothing to the story and therefore has no reason to ever be canon.

The Super Emeralds are merely a byproduct of Sonic 3 being split into two games. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was meant to have just the 7 Chaos Emeralds when it was one game, but when half of it became Sonic and Knuckles, new Special Stages had to be made to access the Chaos Emeralds in S&K.

So when locking Sonic 3 and S&K together, that means there's 14 Special Stages. The Super Emeralds were pretty much put in so that all of the Special Stages would be used.

If Hyper Sonic was non-canon, then why were the Super Emeralds placed next to the Master Emerald in Hidden Palace Zone? If you just play S&K on it's own, you turn up at Hidden Palace - where you fight Knuckles - with all the chaos emeralds (only Super Sonic), but there are seven grey-stone lifeless emeralds surrounding the Master Emerald. 

It makes sense that the seven grey emeralds next to the Master Emerald were always meant to be for the Hyper form, otherwise their appearance in the game is meaningless. The whole point of S&K was to lock-on to Sonic 3 to finish/complete the story. Put simply, you were never suppose to play S&K on it's own. 

Sonic Team should have programmed S&K so that when you played the game on it's own, that you went straight for the Super Emeralds and got the Hyper form. Tails and S&T should also have been playable in S&K alone.

As for canon or non-canon, it really doesn't matter.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

All of those are pure coincidences. As much as Sonic was sidelined in 06, I find it hard to believe Sonic Team would dedicate most of the 15th anniversary game to being a prequel to a mere DS game released the year before.

I'm not saying it was made mostly to be a prequel, all I'm saying is that there has to be some connection, plus, Sonic and the Secret Rings was kind of Fire-centered also.

I'm not saying it was made mostly to be a prequel, all I'm saying is that there has to be some connection

No there doesn't. It's like saying Sonic Advance 3 and Unleashed are connected because the world breaks into multiple bits during the course of the story. Sonic games are typically very self-contained, so unless it's outright stated, it's best to just assume coincidence, even if that's kind of a boring way to look at these things.

IIRC the Japanese manual mentioned something about Angel Island having its own set of emeralds that were destroyed when the Death Egg crashed into it (which got retconned by Adventure). Those pillars are likely meant to be where the destroyed emeralds were.

Or the pillars were put in at some point after the descision to split the game in two was made.

I'm not saying it was made mostly to be a prequel, all I'm saying is that there has to be some connection, plus, Sonic and the Secret Rings was kind of Fire-centered also.

So? Just because two things happen to have similarities doesn't always mean there's a connection.

Right, now for something completely different.

Who built the altars for the emeralds in Unleashed? And perhaps were these cities and settlements back in much older times attracted to these places? Maybe Empire City, being much more recent, wouldn't really have one? I dunno.

If Hyper Sonic was non-canon, then why were the Super Emeralds placed next to the Master Emerald in Hidden Palace Zone? If you just play S&K on it's own, you turn up at Hidden Palace - where you fight Knuckles - with all the chaos emeralds (only Super Sonic), but there are seven grey-stone lifeless emeralds surrounding the Master Emerald.

The whole point of S&K was to lock-on to Sonic 3 to finish/complete the story. Put simply, you were never suppose to play S&K on it's own.

Doesn't that make anything from S&K alone kind of dubious? We can argue whether S3&K as it exists presents what they wanted to present, but S&K alone was never intended to be the "true" version of the story.

There doesn't "have to be" a connection. There may or may not have been a connection at one point, but if there was then by all appearances it's been dropped anyway.

I have quite a few questions,all of them centering around Knuckles.

* How did Knuckles's direct ancestors, whoever they might be, escape the destructive water god monster and were there other survivors?

* How long were Knuckles's parent in his life before they went missing?  Was he orphaned at birth or were they around for the first couple of years in his life before going missing?

* Supposing Knuckles has been alone since he was born or very young how does he know it's his job to guard the Master Emerald?  Were there instructions left?  Is it instinct?

Edited by andrewtuell1991

IIRC the Japanese manual mentioned something about Angel Island having its own set of emeralds that were destroyed when the Death Egg crashed into it (which got retconned by Adventure). Those pillars are likely meant to be where the destroyed emeralds were.

Ah, that probably explains why that was used in Sonic the Comic...

Who built the altars for the emeralds in Unleashed? And perhaps were these cities and settlements back in much older times attracted to these places? Maybe Empire City, being much more recent, wouldn't really have one? I dunno.

There's an idol of an "ancient hero" that can be purchased in Mazuri, that shows Chip's likeness; this shows the mythos of the two Gaias goes back to the beginning of human history. Logically, humans or some other sentient race must have been around the first time Dark Gaia emerged, explaining how the story could be related at all. I'd assume they were built after first time Dark Gaia was released, to assist Light Gaia in purging the world of him. This would explain why putting enough of the emeralds in their altars rekindles his memory, and why he uses the Temples as weapons.

We can establish that Earth and Chaos energy are connected in some manner, though; it's said the planets and emeralds restore eachother. Maybe the emeralds keep the ecosystem in balance? Unfortunately we've never seen the emeralds before in the altars...

For all we know, a prolonged period outside the altars could cause serious devastation. Storms, earthquakes, all that good stuff.

I have quite a few questions,all of them centering around Knuckles.

* How did Knuckles's direct ancestors, whoever they might be, escape the destructive water god monster and were there other survivors?

Tikal sealed Chaos. Presumably there were at least some survivors of the echidna tribe (statistically very likely), who she and any other female echidnas would have reproduced with. I think it's very likely that Tikal's one of his distant ancestors since she's the first one on record to use the Guardian's incantation.

Chaos didn't kill everyone in Station Square, so it's not out of the question that some echidnas would have survived his tantrum in the past either.

* How long were Knuckles's parent in his life before they went missing?  Was he orphaned at birth or were they around for the first couple of years in his life before going missing?

* Supposing Knuckles has been alone since he was born or very young how does he know it's his job to guard the Master Emerald?  Were there instructions left?  Is it instinct?

As for these, these are things Sega really should answer. Logically he had to have come from someone...

Unless he's doomed to be reincarnated each time he dies, to begin the cycle all over.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 1

An un-answered Sonic question huh? Hm...Who's the madman that drove the G.U.N Truck?

Suspects: Mario, Bowser, Alex Kidd, Solid Snake, Captain Falcon, Dr. Eggman, Eggman Nega, Dr. Wily, Metal Sonic, and Omochao.

I say it's Alex Kidd, what do you suppose he's been doing when Sonic stole his spotlight?

Where is Honey the Cat, Shade the Echidna, and Wendy Witchcart?

What caused the original Egg Carrier to crash in Sonic Adventure?

Is Black Doom still alive?

What kind of power did Marine displayed at the final boss in Sonic Rush Adventure?

Why is Danica Patrick is in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

Edited by Kareemadeem

I say it's Alex Kidd, what do you suppose he's been doing when Sonic stole his spotlight?

That would be so hilarious. I'm just picturing some young adult, bearded, gruff Alex Kidd trying to run him down in vengeance.

If they ever make an actual Sega crossover title, I now request Alex Kidd be the villain, all grown up and stuff. That just sounds epic. We can call him "Alex Mann."

Why is Danica Patrick is in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

She promoted the game with a special car. I guess it was a "thanks for the help!" prize. Similar to how Wreck It Ralph and Sonic each promoted eachother. Plus since she's a racing celebrity, she could be used to entice racing fans to buy the game. Many people suddenly care about a title if someone they like is in it. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Tikal sealed Chaos. Presumably there were at least some survivors of the echidna tribe (statistically very likely), who she and any other female echidnas would have reproduced with. I think it's very likely that Tikal's one of his distant ancestors since she's the first one on record to use the Guardian's incantation.

Ah, but I thought Tikal got sealed in the M.E. with Chaos?

Not that I'm disbanding your theory, I just thought this should be brought up...

I say it's Alex Kidd, what do you suppose he's been doing when Sonic stole his spotlight?

This:

segagaga.jpg

Must had hurt.

Segagaga2.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What kind of power did Marine displayed at the final boss in Sonic Rush Adventure?

None of those guys canonically exist.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it was Big's shenanigans in Hot Shelter. Or Chaos threw a hissy fit.

I very much doubt it, seeing how he got beaten by a Super Ultimate Lifeform, we never see him again and he had his base destroyed by a laser beam of kill-everything.

It's hard to tell seeing how 3D models on the DS are less than stellar, but it's likely meant to be hydrokinesis, based on her name and parallels to Blaze (seeing how she might as well be Tails's counterpart).

Ah, but I thought Tikal got sealed in the M.E. with Chaos?

Not that I'm disbanding your theory, I just thought this should be brought up...

Ohhh, didn't think about that. Good point.

Well. Maybe her body was still alive? It seems she's just a spirit... so logically her physical form would still be around after she did the deed. Basically comatose.

Must had hurt.

That image breaks my heart each time I see it. Really goes to show how much of a jerk Classic Sonic was I think.

I always thought the flight mode Eggman set it in is somewhat unstable, and sustained use of it causes damage. I'm guessing it overheated the generators or something, leading to it losing power and thus altitude. Beyond that, Sonic and friends caused lots of damage to the Egg Carrier as they traveled across it. Presumably it all added up.

Given that Sonic 06 is an adventure title in all but name, flawed engines is a recurring theme, even if the failure in 06 is much more catastrophic.

Given how Sega's wrapped up Shadow's story, I'm pretty sure he's not. He was attached to the comet, so logically he was blown up with it after the cannon fired.

How did Metal Sonic acquire his "Neo Metal Sonic" form in Sonic Heroes?

Probably has something to do with Sonic destroying several enormous cannons in Sky Deck.

Because if it were, why has it not been mentioned in recent games? Not to mention it's a rather obscure Game Gear spinoff.

Because if it were, why has it not been mentioned in recent games? Not to mention it's a rather obscure Game Gear spinoff.

That's not what canon means. You're confusing canon with continuity.

Canon is a body of work recognised as official by a central authority.

The only games that you could argue as non-canon is Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Chronicles and POSSIBLY SEGASOnic Arcade.

Edited by The Conductor

I haven't seen any source say that Tails Skypatrol is canon. In fact, I think the same guy who said Chronicles was non-canon also said that the Game Gear titles were non-canon.