Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

The fact that SEGA published the game makes it canon. Now granted, I didn't realise that AAUK had said that so I will concede that Tails Skypatrol is non canon. HOWEVER.

I really want to hammer in the fact that CANON does not mean the same as CONTINUITY.

Absolutely everything that SEGA slaps Sonic's face on and tries to make money from is canon. The games (apart from, KC, SC and (apparently) the GG games)? Canon. Archie? Canon. SatAM? Canon. STC? Canon. Underground? Canon. X? Canon. The Movie? Canon. AoStH? Canon.

They're obviously not in the same continuities, but they're all canon because SEGA acknowledges them and is willing to make money off them, they are recognized as part of the Sonic brand. Now if SEGA starts going "Ooh, actually, we hate Sonic Rivals (or whatever) and want nothing to do with it and we'll never, ever re-release because we hate it now" then it becomes non-canon.

A good example of this is the CDi Mario and Zelda games. Nintendo flat out refuses to entertain the notion that they exist, so that makes them non-canon.

So Tails Skypatrol and all the other Game Gear titles aren't canon to the main continuity.

That's what I was saying when I said Skypatrol was non-canon.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

No. Hyper Sonic isn't canon.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that.

I believe Hyper Sonic is Canon, since Sonic 3 (or & Knuckles) was Canon, does that make sense?

I just think it'd be cool to see some epic Sonic Game where Super Sonic just isn't powerful enough, and Sonic would have to go Hyper. 

We can all dream, can't we? :D

You believe Hyper Sonic is canon, despite the fact that he (or anything related to the Super Emeralds) has never appeared or been referenced since one game, just because that one game is canon.

I suppose you also believe that the Chaos Emeralds were once hexagonal simply because Sonic 2 was canon as well.

Also, what value does Hyper Sonic offer that can't be given to Super Sonic if they wanted?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I just think it'd be cool to see some epic Sonic Game where Super Sonic just isn't powerful enough, and Sonic would have to go Hyper.

And then 10 years down the line, do we get a game where Hyper isn't enough and he has to go Mega? And 10 years after that, Mega isn't enough and he has to go Ultra?

And Super Sonic already fights off gods; what could possibly be strong enough to require another form on top of that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Super is a reference to Dragonball Z... maybe there is a Super Sonic 4, where Sonic turns into a giant fluffball with great big gnarly teeth....

<.<

>.>

Oh.

Edited by MamboCat

How did Metal Sonic acquire his "Neo Metal Sonic" form in Sonic Heroes?

That's a good question.

I presume he's a newer model made of nanites. He's shown to shift and alter his form (impersonating both Eggman and Sonic), so he probably took on a different form to make himself look cooler and more "regal."

Now that's another question. Is the Metal Sonic we've seen the same one across all titles, or different models a la Archie?

Well, Super is a reference to Dragonball Z... maybe there is a Super Sonic 4, where Sonic turns into a giant fluffball with great big gnarly teeth....

<.<

>.>

Oh.

The UK gets all the cool stuff. YET AGAIN!

Metal Sonic is a single being throughout the series. The closest we've gotten to other models is Mecha Sonic, and he's a separate entity altogether.

Metal Sonic is a single being throughout the series. The closest we've gotten to other models is Mecha Sonic, and he's a separate entity altogether.

Hmm. Presumably Eggman just put his CPU in a new nanite-centric chassis then. Makes sense; the AI works fine enough, it's just that body that needs work. I presume every battle puts considerable wear and tear on it and in some cases it just makes sense to create a new one rather than repair it. And what better than nanites, they can take material from around them and use it to make repairs on the go...

I'll assume that given the nature of nanites, they were somehow able to help him evolve a consciousness. Each nanite is but a miniature computer, and the brain is nothing but an extremely advanced biological computer. Easily understood why since then Eggman's lobotomised him and given him a presumably normal metallic body to prevent the incident from happening again.

===

Now I have one!

Where the heck did the Sonic Wind come from? I mean, from meta purposes it's easy to see why it exists, but in game, Sonic only had a few minutes between using Chaos Control and fighting Shadow. Presumably he created the move in a span of a few minutes...?

I guess it makes sense though; logically if he could get Chaos Control to work on the first try, copying the Spear would work too. But had he even seen the Spear? Sonic doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just spontaneously think he should try radiating energy from his body in lethal projectiles.

I got a few.

Are the game gear games canon?

I heard from somewhere that Yuji Naka claimed that they weren't.  Metal Sonic appears in Triple Trouble(Sonic and Tails 2) but in S4E2 he clearly was seen to be still in Stardust Speedway (Bad Future), still laying in defeat from his race/battle with Sonic.  However the is a poster of Fang the Sniper in Sonic Generations so he must in Sonic's world somewhere. (the was also a poster of Bark the Polar Bear and Bean the Dynamite). Either the GG games are canon or they are not and those character have yet to be proper introduced in the series.

How is Crisis City in Generations?

I get that the Time Eater may have been able to recover it, and there are some convincing fan theories on this, but I like to hear it from Sonic Team on how an only possible Bad Future level was able to be recovered. (Stardust Speedway's Bad Future is confirmed to be canon so it makes more since on how it was recovered). I know it ultimately doesn't matter since Crisis City goes back to being erased after the timeline was fixed but still I'd like some answers.

Also what about the moon?

Did they fix it with the emeralds or something? What gives Sega?

How is Crisis City in Generations?

I get that the Time Eater may have been able to recover it, and there are some convincing fan theories on this, but I like to hear it from Sonic Team on how an only possible Bad Future level was able to be recovered. (Stardust Speedway's Bad Future is confirmed to be canon so it makes more since on how it was recovered). I know it ultimately doesn't matter since Crisis City goes back to being erased after the timeline was fixed but still I'd like some answers.

Also what about the moon?

Did they fix it with the emeralds or something? What gives Sega?

These were all asked in the Plot Inconsistencies thread.

1. As you mentioned, the Time Eater was able to undo Solaris' being erased to begin with, allowing the city to briefly exist again. Once the Time Eater's damage was undone the timeline reverted to its usual no-Solaris state.

2. Who knows with the Moon. It's been shown there are multiple moons, though. That and likely a design oversight; I presume they aren't expecting you to look at the sky. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a few.

Are the game gear games canon?

I heard from somewhere that Yuji Naka claimed that they weren't.  Metal Sonic appears in Triple Trouble(Sonic and Tails 2) but in S4E2 he clearly was seen to be still in Stardust Speedway (Bad Future), still laying in defeat from his race/battle with Sonic.  However the is a poster of Fang the Sniper in Sonic Generations so he must in Sonic's world somewhere. (the was also a poster of Bark the Polar Bear and Bean the Dynamite). Either the GG games are canon or they are not and those character have yet to be proper introduced in the series.

Some are as far as I'm concerned.

Sonic 1 isn't as it's basically just a remake for GG, Sonic 2 could be seen to take place before Sonic 2 on the MD. As for the others, I see no reasons they wouldn't be canon as they don't contradict anything else in the series (Metal Sonic being in triple trouble simply means it takes place after sonic 4)

You believe Hyper Sonic is canon, despite the fact that he (or anything related to the Super Emeralds) has never appeared or been referenced since one game, just because that one game is canon.

I suppose you also believe that the Chaos Emeralds were once hexagonal simply because Sonic 2 was canon as well.

Also, what value does Hyper Sonic offer that can't be given to Super Sonic if they wanted?

I don't want to sound smart replying to this ^^"

But, wouldn't it make sense to think that something that's canon would be a fact in the series?

Just because it's never mentioned doesn't mean it never happened, I think so anyways.

But hey, there are probably good reasons that SEGA never brought back Hyper Sonic, it'd be cool if they did though.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Super Sonic. I love Super Sonic, just look at my dang profile picture xD

Maybe not bring him back as anything story related, but maybe like Sonic 3 & Knuckles where if you wanted to, you could go back through the game and earn the Super Emeralds or something, I dunno. I just think it'd be neat to see a return. Think of how cool Hyper Sonic would look in Modern Times, ya know?

To answer your second question, I assume anything that would require a greater force than Super Sonic. 

The real question would be, "Why was Hyper Sonic made in the first place", ya know? What was his original purpose if SEGA never planned to bring him back?

• Thumbs Up 1

And Super Sonic already fights off gods; what could possibly be strong enough to require another form on top of that?

Super_Amy_by_Gogh4broke.jpg

Super Amy.

• Thumbs Up 3

To answer your second question, I assume anything that would require a greater force than Super Sonic. 

The real question would be, "Why was Hyper Sonic made in the first place", ya know? What was his original purpose if SEGA never planned to bring him back?

That's an easy one to answer, actually. All related to the fact that S3&K is one game that got split into two in production, just to make sure the player didn't get the unlocking over and done with by the third zone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey I do kinda have a question in mind.

I read once that Nazo was a character that was shown in a trailer of a new cartoon series or somethin like that, there was an image posted in that post I read, he looked like a very spiky, evil, shiny silver hedgehog, it seemed so much like an animated drawin similar to Sonic X, I know that then some fans started makin videos or pictures about him that made him popular over time, but well.

Anyone knows the truth behind this Nazo?

The answer is within the name. Nazo means 'mystery' in Japan. It's just a fan-name since noboby really knows who/what he's supposed to be.

Knuckles favorite food is grapes, but why does he never eat them?

I don't know, apparently Sonic characters like food but they don't like eatin it.....?! Well except Chip, he love sundaes.

The answer is within the name. Nazo means 'mystery' in Japan. It's just a fan-name since noboby really knows who/what he's supposed to be.

I didn't know that, I actually never knew the word was Japanese, thanks that explains a lot.

The name 'Nazo' was the filename of the image of him on an official Sonic X website. The term can mean "Puzzle", "Mystery" or "Riddle" in Japanese. I've always believed that the filename pertained to the nature of the entity as being mysterious and his exact nature being unrevealed and was NOT his actual name.

Yeah I already know it's not he's real name, I know it was spread over by the fans, I was just askin if anythin about him was revealed later on, but obviously he'll always be just a mystery.......... I like it!

The UK gets all the cool stuff. YET AGAIN!

Took me a while to work this out... but I was referencing Werehog, not Super Supes (as I like to call STC Super Sonic, it sounds better than Fleetway! :cool.png) but I guess for the purpose of jokeage that also works. Although I'm not sure how fluffy he would be... maybe more a fireball with gnarly teeth! XD

Also that Super Amy is disturbing as hell. Yeesh! biggrin.png

Edited by MamboCat
  • Thumbs Up 1

These were all asked in the Plot Inconsistencies thread.

1. As you mentioned, the Time Eater was able to undo Solaris' being erased to begin with, allowing the city to briefly exist again. Once the Time Eater's damage was undone the timeline reverted to its usual no-Solaris state.

2. Who knows with the Moon. It's been shown there are multiple moons, though. That and likely a design oversight; I presume they aren't expecting you to look at the sky. tongue.png

I guess that makes sense. Thank you!

Super Amy.

Amy just went from scary to bloody horrifying.

Random trivia for people to bring out, like how Tails likes candy. It just makes the character feel more whole and real to add obscure facts like that about them.

Plus otherwise you end up with that fanon trivia like Sonic being a part-time DJ. :P

Took me a while to work this out... but I was referencing Werehog, not Super Supes (as I like to call STC Super Sonic, it sounds better than Fleetway! :cool.png) but I guess for the purpose of jokeage that also works. Although I'm not sure how fluffy he would be... maybe more a fireball with gnarly teeth! XD

He's cute and fluffy if you hit him with an EMP first! The Supes Ebony befriended was just adorable! :D

I suppose that's an unanswered question: why is Ebony so darn crazy? Even in the official canon she kept saying "He won't go evil if he gets powered up!" despite every single bit of evidence pointing to that! If someone tough like Sonic can't resist the destructive urges of the Demon, how can some pacifist cutie pie like the good Supes?

Not trying to endorse stereotypes, but could this trait of Knuckles be co-related to the indirect potrayal of Knuckles' character, which was seemingly potraying him as someone of African/Islander background (as hinted in the Classic/Adventure series of games).

Obviously now I sound like a racist tool, but I'm seriously wondering this.