Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

He was a freelancer doing commissioned work for a comic based off of licensed material... What leg has he to stand on?

Something to do with contracts. Archie were supposed to make him sign a contract that made all his work theirs, and that never happened so can claim rights to certain characters and stories.

Supposedly. That's what's been argued over for the past year or so in court, anyway.

Means he actually has a doctorate too.

Of course, that'd be obvious considering he's helluva smart and did have those awkward teenage years built up.

I'd like to assume that he has some kind of biotechnology doctorate, but it would be soooooo funny if in actual fact his PhD was in something completely unrelated!

What if he's actually a Doctor of Divinity? Considering how his plans sometimes involve controlling deities (such as Chaos and Gaia), I would assume he knows a good bit about the religions of his world.

What if he's actually a Doctor of Divinity? Considering how his plans sometimes involve controlling deities (such as Chaos and Gaia), I would assume he knows a good bit about the religions of his world.

But he had to seek Professor Pickle's knowledge of Dark Gaia and resorted to kidnapping him and he resorted to stealing the manuscripts. Which shows that he had no knowledge of the creature beforehand.

But he had to seek Professor Pickle's knowledge of Dark Gaia and resorted to kidnapping him and he resorted to stealing the manuscripts. Which shows that he had no knowledge of the creature beforehand.

Why did he steal the manuscripts, etc., after he'd already released Dark Gaia?  I mean, his plan consists of calling the pieces with a special signal and putting him back together...I highly doubt that the manuscripts included the frequency used to attract Dark Gaia or a "DYI" manual on how to put him back together...

Seems a bit pointless.

He also had to resort to reading stone tablets that were about Chaos and what the Chaos Emeralds could do to it.

@Metroid:

He most likely needed the manuscripts for learning about Dark Gaia and how it awakens every few billion years or so. Thinking that would take too long, he decided he'd use the Chaos Emeralds to awaken it himself for his own needs.

Edited by DarkLight

Why did he steal the manuscripts, etc., after he'd already released Dark Gaia?  I mean, his plan consists of calling the pieces with a special signal and putting him back together...I highly doubt that the manuscripts included the frequency used to attract Dark Gaia or a "DYI" manual on how to put him back together...

Seems a bit pointless.

He didn't steal the manuscripts after he released Gaia. When he's shattered the planet and released Dark Gaia, he outright says that it was "Just as the manuscripts fortold", showing that he was already enlightened to the creature before he ever pulled off his ploy to break apart the planet. The manuscripts images even show cracks in the planet and Gaia breaking out of the cracks whilst the murals in the temples that Pickle is clearly familar with depict Dark Gaia. He even kidnapped Pickle before the game started.

Even as the "pre-eminnent scholar on all things Dark Gaia" Pickle didn't know absolutely everything about it or if he did, he didn't tell Eggman when he was kidnapped that the wake up call would be way too early.

And Eggman's fusion furnace is what reconstituted Dark Gaia. Chalk it up to Eggman's 300IQ

Edited by Vertekins

He didn't steal the manuscripts after he released Gaia. When he's shattered the planet and released Dark Gaia, he outright says that it was "Just as the manuscripts fortold", showing that he was already enlightened to the creature before he ever pulled off his ploy to break apart the planet. The manuscripts images even show cracks in the planet and Gaia breaking out of the cracks whilst the murals in the temples that Pickle is clearly familar with depict Dark Gaia. He even kidnapped Pickle before the game started.

Even as the "pre-eminnent scholar on all things Dark Gaia" Pickle didn't know absolutely everything about it or if he did, he didn't tell Eggman when he was kidnapped that the wake up call would be way too early.

And Eggman's fusion furnace is what reconstituted Dark Gaia. Chalk it up to Eggman's 300IQ

Oh, right, I was thinking he stole them after he'd already released Dark Gaia.

I was just kidding, you know...

1. Why does Sonic eat chili dogs?

2. Where does Sonic keep the chaos emeralds when he finds them?

3. Will Sonic ever learn how to swim?

4. Does Blaze like water?

Oh, that's easy!

1. He likes them.

2. Hammerspace. Or in his rectum. Whichever you prefer.

3. Probably not.

4. I assume she doesn't mind it, since for some reason it doesn't impede her pyrokinesis.

1. Why does Sonic eat chili dogs?

2. Where does Sonic keep the chaos emeralds when he finds them?

1. They're fucking delicious.

2. In his pocket... dimension known as hammer space.

3. No, he doesn't seem to be able to realize that "mach speed legs" + "water" = "living torpedo".

4. She never explicitly states that she likes water but she doesn't have the same dislike for it that Sonic does ironically.

3. No, he doesn't seem to be able to realize that "mach speed legs" + "water" = "living torpedo".

Well, the added resistance could tire his legs out extremely quickly, which is why his movements are always reeeeeeeeeeeeally slow underwater.

I've always attributed the fact that he couldn't swim to his weird-ass fuckin' physiology.  He's got a huge head and feet, tiny everything else.

Mario and sonic at the London 2012 olympic games- gameplay trailer #2 Wii  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKBZAy9nJIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKBZAy9nJIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKBZAy9nJI

He seems to be swimming just fine and the water doesn't seem to bother Blaze. Does the Olympic Games count?

Edited by Kareemadeem

No, the Olympic Games do not count.

That said, Blaze has never indicated that she has any ire towards water, only heights.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, in the Olympic Games, Sonic uses a lifejacket to aid himself in "swimming." Seriously, his swimming style is called Underwater Running.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does Super Sonic have any weaknesses?

Aside from running out of rings, being crushed and certain machines/beings being able to hurt him, I don't think so.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

He's still susceptible to being crushed, falling down bottomless pits when he's controlled in normal gameplay, drowning (with the exception for Sonic 4) and certain attacks (e.g., Solaris's attacks, the Big Arm's Grab-n'-Slam, the Egg Prawn's Suck-n'-Munch).

Edit:And, as Blue Blood has shown, Jackass the Enchilada, of course.

Edited by Komodin

knuckles_laughing.gif

Yes

• Thumbs Up 7

knuckles_laughing.gif

Yes

It was BS in the Sonic 3K days and it's BS now. That moment made no sense. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

He caught him by surprise.

How does that not make sense?

Because it's Super Sonic, the thing that the games build up as this unstoppable force of power. One punch, even from someone like Knuckles, should not take him out of super form instantly. 

I was just casually reading on the Internet about Dark Gaia and I thought of something.

So Dark Gaia was awakened earlier than he was supposed to. Does that mean the cycle starts again from when sonic beat him, and he will wake again after a million or so years, or will he and chip awaken at the time they were meant to again?

I assume it would start again, but I'm interested now.