Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

It was BS in the Sonic 3K days and it's BS now. That moment made no sense. 

Because it's Super Sonic, the thing that the games build up as this unstoppable force of power. One punch, even from someone like Knuckles, should not take him out of super form instantly. 

Super Sonic isn't unstoppable, he's just very powerful. Knuckles quite clearly just thwacked the Super right out of Sonic. I don't see what the problem is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Super Sonic isn't unstoppable, he's just very powerful. Knuckles quite clearly just thwacked the Super right out of Sonic. I don't see what the problem is. 

The problem is that Knuckles is strong, but not that strong. Sonic took hits from Solaris and Dark Gaia like a champ without losing his super form, and I'm sure both of those creatures are stronger then Knuckles. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

He. Was. Taken. By Surprise.

You don't need to be super-powerful to do something like that. Next you're going tell me Eggman taking him by surprise is complete bullshit too, right?rolleyes.gif

The problem is that Knuckles is strong, but not that strong. Sonic took hits from Solaris and Dark Gaia like a champ without losing his super form, and I'm sure both of those creatures are stronger then Knuckles. 

You know that one time when Knuckles hit Super Sonic and made him lose his Super form? Yeah, that was a thing.

Whether you like it or not it happened. It was done as an example to show how strong he is. They might handle such an event differently now. But you know, it doesn't matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

He. Was. Taken. By Surprise.

You don't need to be super-powerful to do something like that. Next you're going tell me Eggman taking him by surprise is complete bullshit too, right?rolleyes.gif

But Eggman actually had a machine to extract the emeralds from him. Knuckles just punched him. 

Surprise or not, Super Sonic is Super Sonic. I would believe it if the punch merely damaged him, made him lose rings like Solaris and Dark Gaia's attacks, but no, he actually completely removed the super form.

You know that one time when Knuckles hit Super Sonic and made him lose his Super form? Yeah, that was a thing.

Whether you like it or not it happened. It was done as an example to show how strong he is. They might handle such an event differently now. But you know, it doesn't matter.

Yes, it happened, and I'm arguing why it didn't make sense when it happened. 

Yes, it happened, and I'm arguing why it didn't make sense when it happened. 

took his super form away. 

Knuckles took a the powerful but not invincible Super Sonic by surprise. Sonic physically dropped all the Emeralds, ergo he wasn't using them anymore so reverted to normal. It does make sense, even if it's outlandish.

EDIT: holy fuck why am I even arguing this

Edited by Blue Blood

The "Knuckles knocking the Chaos Emeralds out of Sonic" bit probably would've been more believable if they kept their original plan of having Sonic, with the Chaos Emeralds stored somewhere on him, just surf over to the fallen Angel Island. I still don't mind the scene as is, though.

Replies in bold. 

Knuckles took a the powerful but not invincible Super Sonic by surprise. Sonic physically dropped all the Emeralds, ergo he wasn't using them anymore so reverted to normal. It does make sense, even if it's outlandish.

But how could he physically drop the C.E.'s if they are absorbed into his body when he's in Super form? 

EDIT: holy fuck why am I even arguing this

Because you're bored? 

Also,

The "Knuckles knocking the Chaos Emeralds out of Sonic" bit probably would've been more believable if they kept their original plan of having Sonic, with the Chaos Emeralds stored somewhere on him, just surf over to the fallen Angel Island. I still don't mind the scene as is, though.

This. The original scene would have made much more sense. 

Can we just say Cutscene Power To The Max and leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Need I remind you guys that Knuckles had spent all his life next to the Master Emerald? I'm pretty sure some of its power (such as the ability to cancel out the Chaos Emeralds) rubbed off on him. Plus, Sonic was hardly expecting an echidna to jump out of the ground and hit him, so it makes sense that he would be caught off guard. Every other time we see him in his super form, he's able to brace himself against his opponent's attacks. The problem is that we've only seen Super Sonic get taken by surprise once, so there's nothing to compare it to.

If I was moving at full power, top speed and suddenly took a spinning fist to the face I think I'd drop my emeralds too, super form or not. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

How does Eggman survive some of his defeats?

I mean, was he in the Death Egg when it blew up? Or did he have an escape pod?

How did he survive a fall back through orbit in his crippled Egg Robo thing after Sonic destroyed its limbs in Doomsday Zone?

How did he escape the Warp Ring Dimension thing at the end of Sonic 3D?

His Eggcarrier crash in Sonic Adventure?

You could go on and on, this guy must be the most indestructible guy around, either that or he constantly expects to be defeated and has a way out planned ahead of time.

Why does Eggman look the way he does in Sonic 06? Did he get plastic surgery or something? and when Elise blew out the candle, did she "prevent" him from changing his cartoony appearance for a more realistic approach?

Why does Eggman look the way he does in Sonic 06? Did he get plastic surgery or something? and when Elise blew out the candle, did she "prevent" him from changing his cartoony appearance for a more realistic approach?

Because forced realism. Eggman's a victim of the badly pulled-off premise of the game as are his robots.

It's hard to make a sensical conclusion any pretty much everything '06 pulls out of it's ass because so many of it's ideas are so badly pulled-off and without any real regard to continuity.

Edited by Vertekins

Knuckles is the guardian of the Master Emerald. Meaning he can control it's power to control the Chaos Emeralds. That + super strength = Punching out a Super form.

The Master Emerald being able to stop the Chaos Emeralds wasn't even conceived of when S3&K was made.

While it's all really down to the fact that it was just part of the reimagined, all new Sonic image they were trying to create with Sonic 06, let alone the character designs, you could take it as everything looking the way it does because the game is percieved from your perspective as a human, rather than

that envisions normal humans as Unleashed humans and likely generates the kind of bright colours you see in the likes of Empire City, compared to a normal human's perspective that would give you something as boringly plain as Soleanna.

I'm fully fine with the idea that Sonic and the rest of the Mobians (EDIT: Whoops! I mean, 'the rest of his animal kind') have warped perspectives in general that give us the colourful world we've generally seen across the whole series, since they're naturally capable of speedy movement and can dynamically manuver stuff like it's nothing.

Edited by t0ms0nic

Because forced realism. Eggman's a victim of the badly pulled-off premise of the game as are his robots.

It's hard to make a sensical conclusion any pretty much everything '06 pulls out of it's ass because so many of it's ideas are so badly pulled-off and without any real regard to continuity.

Isn't it just because Eggman's model wasn't originally Eggman, but some random guy from some random RPG that was the starting point of Sonic 06?

Edited by Metroid

Knuckles punching the emeralds out of Sonic wasn't questionable but more of a 'WOAHHH COOL' thing when the game first game out, I mean geez; Knuckles just had to RUN FORWARD and walls of boulders would just collapse around him, he's so strong he can make a super being lose his mojo, especially when his game theme was Caribbean and mojo was probably a thing and not the odd somewhat stereotypical rap-Knuckles we have today.

Why are people asking questions 'just for the hell of it'? It's not funny anymore when it's asked over and over again.

Realistic humans are in the game and he's a feckin human so he has to be in the same visual structure too. Yeah, we know the game was below average, but art direction is still a thing in video games still unlike the era of early 90's boxart where the art changes from region to region.

Are there any questions here that aren't supposed to be jokes, please? I dunno but it's just getting to feel like repetition playing here.

Well I will repeat my question from the top of the page (with better wording).

So Light Gaia and Dark Gaia go through a sleep/wake cycle every few million years, ( for arguments sake lets say 5 million). Does Eggman's meddling and Sonics defeating of Dark Gaia mean that the cycle resets from that point (5 million from Unleashed) or will it continue as planned since Eggman ruined the natural order ( so he will reawaken in 2 million as he was in the middle of the cycle for example). I think it'll be reset, but I wanna know what you guys think.

You could also argue that because the two halves of Gaia were awakened early, nothing will happen in 2 million years and the next awakening will occur 7 million years from now. I'm not saying this is necessarily what I think, but it's a third option.

I don't think there's a correct answer to this since either option puts their reawakening so far in the distant future that nothing from the games' story aside from the emeralds themselves would be relevant or even exist. My guess is that both Dark and Light gaia need to fully recharge after each of their battles so the battle in Unleashed most likely reset the cycle.

Hmm another interesting thing, if Dark Gaia destroys civilisation every time they awaken does that mean that the world is on a constant cycle itself and has to re-evolve? Who is to say the Gaia temples are the first, maybe they are rebuilt ( considering Chip uses them each time I assume) after the last time, ant the ancient civilisations would have been that eras advanced civilisation, with life like our own I imagine. It's mind boggling

Hmm another interesting thing, if Dark Gaia destroys civilisation every time they awaken does that mean that the world is on a constant cycle itself and has to re-evolve? Who is to say the Gaia temples are the first, maybe they are rebuilt ( considering Chip uses them each time I assume) after the last time, ant the ancient civilisations would have been that eras advanced civilisation, with life like our own I imagine. It's mind boggling

Light Gaia can usually put down Dark Gaia on his own, but because Dark Gaia was awoken early and then powered up by Doc Eggman, Chip needed Sonic's help.

...I guess.

Edited by Metroid

What do Sonic and Tails actually do? As far as I can tell they don't really share anything in common, I guess they must share interests in ways you wouldn't necessarily be able tell from the games.