Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Plus the element of surprise helps too. For all we know, the Super form probably requires some degree of concentration to maintain, in addition to the Chaos Emeralds, willpower and rings.

You know, that makes A LOT of sense, I appreciate you posting this. It makes sense that a lot of power like Super Sonic would take a large amount of concentration. Makes me thing whenever Sonic/Shadow pass out in their Super Forms, they turn back to their normal selves.

As Knucklesgirl said, it likely is unanswered due to the game not getting the sequel it likely was supposed to have. After all the deal with the lawsuit from Ken Penders on the game, its doubtful they will even try again. But also, since this involves being around EA is another reason as well. Still, unless someone is brave enough to make a sequel to chronicles, we may not know.

I must have missed something here, there was a lawsuit?

Edited by ThunderCracker

I must have missed something here, there was a lawsuit?

Its an old story and likely can be looked up around in old news achives. It goes something like, Ken Penders claims ownership of the echidna's in the archie comics, and he felt the nocturns in Sonic chronicles were ripping off his ideas and characters from the comics, because there are similiarities. So, there has been a lawsuit with bioware for a long time over it. I likely dont have all the details and dont want to assume things and make myself look dumb, but that was sort of the general gist of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So here's something I've always wondered, if the echidna tribe got completely wiped out by Perfect Chaos thousands of years ago, then how did Knuckles get here?

So here's something I've always wondered, if the echidna tribe got completely wiped out by Perfect Chaos thousands of years ago, then how did Knuckles get here?

Simple, there were some survivors, and Knuckles was descended from them. 

Though that does beg the question as to why he wouldn't have any brothers or sisters or other relatives. If your specifies population is slipping, you would think they would try and breed alot more kids to help repopulate, unless something rather sudden happened to wipe the rest out.

Marine's ability to shoot.....something?

2uiccvt.png

Is that a water balloon? Or is it some kind of energy projectile that shatters on contact with the target? Whatever it is, Marine at least has the ability to magically fire objects with her hand.

I heard though that at one point in the story, Marine complains that her hands keep glowing when she's spoken-to which possibly foreshadows this ability.

2uiccvt.png

Is that a water balloon? Or is it some kind of energy projectile that shatters on contact with the target? Whatever it is, Marine at least has the ability to magically fire objects with her hand.

I heard though that at one point in the story, Marine complains that her hands keep glowing when she's spoken-to which possibly foreshadows this ability.

It's obviously Hydrokinesis.

2uiccvt.png

It's probably a water attack. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, considering the whole "high seas adventure" vibe the game was going for, as well as Marine's desire to be a Legendary Captain / Explorer.

I view it a Personality Power in the same vein as Sonic having Wind or Blaze having Fire.

I don't recall this line at all, especially after I replayed the game last year to take note of everything Marine does and says... though this does remind me that I still have yet to actually do a transcript of the game, since apparently nobody's done that for Rush Adventure even though there's a whole chronological transcript for Rush readily available. I'll have to get on that sometime soon... good thing the cutscenes are all viewable after the game's done.

Unlike the common belief of it being a water ability though, I imagine it's just a rock/piece of debris and that they made the hand look like it's glowing to highlight that she did it; her big moment after a whole introduction game of on-off moments. It's too unspecific to be taken as a water ability... especially given that it was hard enough to really pound the Egg Wizard, yet didn't get any sort of special recognition by even Marine herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't recall this line at all, especially after I replayed the game last year to take note of everything Marine does and says... though this does remind me that I still have yet to actually do a transcript of the game, since apparently nobody's done that for Rush Adventure even though there's a whole chronological transcript for Rush readily available. I'll have to get on that sometime soon... good thing the cutscenes are all viewable after the game's done.

Unlike the common belief of it being a water ability though, I imagine it's just a rock/piece of debris and that they made the hand look like it's glowing to highlight that she did it; her big moment after a whole introduction game of on-off moments. It's too unspecific to be taken as a water ability... especially given that it was hard enough to really pound the Egg Wizard, yet didn't get any sort of special recognition by even Marine herself.

A rock that happens to be Blue-green and splashes of the Egg Wizard like a liquid substance? I don't think so.

The fact that her name is MARINE and that she wants to travel across the OCEAN in ships and stuff is enough to show that her power would most likely be water-based.

her power

This is assuming that she's even meant to have one, though. There's no build up, no hint drops, nothing even mentioned by the other characters in response to the idea of her suddenly having some special power; Marine herself doesn't even make it out as if it's special nor try to show it off again. They spent the whole game up until that point building Marine up as a fiddly mechanic and an aspiring captain, just a little kid that could do nothing when captured by Whiskers prior.

To put it in comparison; Blaze's stance as royalty and her world's protector, and her fire powers that were gone indepth about it being a curse for her. Was one ever belittled or pushed to the side in favour of the other, with that other turning up as a last minute surprise? Same case with even the likes of Shadow and Rouge in SA2, or even Silver in S06.

What I'd give to know if even Ian Flynn had a clue what it was from seeing the original script for Rush Adventure...

• Thumbs Up 1

This is assuming that she's even meant to have one, though. There's no build up, no hint drops, nothing even mentioned by the other characters in response to the idea of her suddenly having some special power; Marine herself doesn't even make it out as if it's special nor try to show it off again. They spent the whole game up until that point building Marine up as a fiddly mechanic and an aspiring captain, just a little kid that could do nothing when captured by Whiskers prior.

To put it in comparison; Blaze's stance as royalty and her world's protector, and her fire powers that were gone indepth about it being a curse for her. Was one ever belittled or pushed to the side in favour of the other, with that other turning up as a last minute surprise? Same case with even the likes of Shadow and Rouge in SA2, or even Silver in S06.

What I'd give to know if even Ian Flynn had a clue what it was from seeing the original script for Rush Adventure...

To me, it makes no sense for her NOT to have some water power. Some people say that she's like the Tails to Blaze's Sonic, and Tails shares some of Sonic's skills as well as having the ability to fly at Sonic's speed (and the thunder shoot and stuff in Heroes), it would make sense for some one like Marine to have water as a counterpart to Blaze's Fire.

What was the exact cause of Shadow's fall from space at the end of SA2?

Was it because he has the same problem as Sonic in that it's hard to actually sustain Super form as well as exhausting? Or did he try to commit suicide because he felt that his purpose had been fulfilled and was of the mindset that he had no reason left to live? I've actually heard the 'suicide' suggestion quite a few times. Or was the loss of one of his rings contributory towards his fall?

I think the 'losing too much energy' is the most sensical explanation considering that Shadow does say during the fight that he's having issues with his Super form.

Was it because he has the same problem as Sonic in that it's hard to actually sustain Super form as well as exhausting? Or did he try to commit suicide because he felt that his purpose had been fulfilled and was of the mindset that he had no reason left to live? I've actually heard the 'suicide' suggestion quite a few times. Or was the loss of one of his rings contributory towards his fall?

I think the 'losing too much energy' is the most sensical explanation considering that Shadow does say during the fight that he's having issues with his Super form.

I think it was because he used up too much energy, although Shadow was still wearing his inhibitor rings, the Super Form was brand new to him, so may have caused him to push himself over his limits. Also, he probably ran out of rings, using the rest of his energy to help Super Sonic use Chaos Control on the ARK, as well as sending him (Sonic) back to it (the ARK).

Edited by ThunderCracker

I would think it would be due to the losing too much energy issue as well. I don't see much in there that shows he wants to commit suicide, and honestly I've never heard that excuse before. Shadow looks like he just wants to help there, and wanting to help and suicide don't seem to go hand in hand at all in that scenario. It simply looks like he's exhausted himself severely and cant maintain that new form of his any longer. He hasn't been active that long at that point, so not being used to everything he can do by that point would be understandable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's probably a mixture of not being used to his super form, making it foreign to him and be might find it more exhausting considering it was his first time, coupled with the fact that he maybe didn't feel like he had a reason to live anymore, I'm not talking suicide, in talking more that he didn't really care if he lived or died, that scene with his fall doesn't seem really suicidal, but he also doesn't seem to even be trying to save himself.

How's a kid throwing a rock supposed to be enough to throw the Egg Wizard off balance?

Diogenes, on 30 Aug 2013 - 20:41, said:How's a kid throwing a rock supposed to be enough to throw the Egg Wizard off balance?

Considering that having quite a degree of physical strength is one of those constants for every Sonic character, I'd say it's reasonable. Characters such as Cream and Charmy have proven that they're not above giving that trait to characters even in the age range of about and younger than 5, even when they haven't actually done anything to build it up as a trait prior.

Same deal with assuming every Sonic character has a degree of super speed; even the likes of Silver have proven that in the Rivals series, in addition to showing that even he can spindash.

Edit: Whoops, keep forgetting about the Wii U quoting bug on here.

Edited by t0ms0nic

How's a kid throwing a rock supposed to be enough to throw the Egg Wizard off balance?

I dunno, how does jumping on the Eggmobile cause it to explode?

I dunno, how does jumping on the Eggmobile cause it to explode?

I have no idea how a buzz saw that's rotating at high speed and being thrust at a piece of machinery repeatedly could cause damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no idea how a buzz saw that's rotating at high speed and being thrust at a piece of machinery repeatedly could cause damage.

What about the likes of Cream? She's small and light.

Edited by Dom

In one of Sonic CD's cutscenes, Sonic blows up Dr. Eggman's vehicle by throwing a rock at it.

Yes, by accelerating it to super speeds with a spindash-throw. Not by being an 8 year old girl.

Yes, by accelerating it to super speeds with a spindash-throw. Not by being an 8 year old girl.

Well how is damaging the Egg Wizard by throwing a ball of water supposed to make sense?